Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 12:43 PM

1,760 posts, read 1,720,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Name me a politician who doesn't.

Hillary, Obama both told a number of whoppers.
But the difference with them, and most politicians, is they wrap up their BS in pretty package of fake sentiments and touchy/feely good intentions.

They claim to be reaching across the aisle when really they're just practicing reach around politics.

The fact that Trump leaves that pretence in the trash where it belongs is what people like about him.

In essence, he's giving Washington exactly what it deserves after giving it to us for decades.
The above.....EXACTLY!

If there a handful of politicians in DC who don't lie, I'd be surprised. They are masters at "massaging" the truth to mean something vastly different than you and I would think it does, they parse words to change meanings, but yet cover themselves if called out on it, sometimes they just outright lie. Trump would just throw lies out there....Hillary was much better at making them sound believable until you actually looked into the issue a bit and found her "whoppers" lurking in the shadows.

They are both bad, but you tell me which one is worse ? The one who tells lies and you immediately know it's not true, or the one who has quite a knack for making lies sound believable, and most believe them because they don't have the time, or wish to put forth the effort to check into the issue themselves.

It amazes me that DC is all upset about Trump's lies. Anyone who's had a pulse for the past 25 years knows we've been fed a bunch of bull**** from most of them a very long time. If you think Trump is the first Presidential candidate, and now President to lie, you're seriously delusional.

Let's see what he does in the next 4 years. If we're in a better place in 4 years, great. If we're in a disaster zone, then we'll boot Trump's ass to the curb and undoubtedly elect a different liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 12:53 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,776,852 times
Trump worshippers are in so deep with Trump there is absolutely nothing they won't forgive. Truly. We saw evangelicals weep with joy while Trump stood on stage with his three families. There is absolutely nothing he could do that they would be offended by. If it was exposed that he was dealing directly with Russia throughout the campaign and they personally selected Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State, they would say that shows his foreign policy experience.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:56 PM

433 posts, read 408,204 times
If he lies, it does bother, but it is better that we do some work and wait for the first 100 days to pass. And then we will talk about it.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:34 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,634,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
As opposed to left-wing authoritarians?
Where's your link to the research validating such a claim?

Old 01-22-2017, 01:42 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,383,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Manipulated? LMAO! Bullshlt.

Many of the pictures were taken as the swearing in was taking place. There isnt just one official picture being manipulated, there are hundreds taken by people who attended showing the smaller crowds right at noon. But the one being most circulated was taken at noon, just like the ones for Obamas. Everything that doesnt say what you want it to say isnt fake news. Thats the way children think. Grow up .

Geez dude, get real and quit drinking the Trumpade. Start thinking for yourself and quit letting Trumpdaddy tell you what you will believe.

And Trump won because the left focused on social justice and ignored the common guy, not because anyone questioned the intelligence of Trump supporters. You folks have overused this "thats why Trump won " phrase on so many different things its meaningless now except as a cute saying when you have nothing else to respond with. Moore predicted Trumps win and detailed the reasons why, AND the states that would turn to Trump. THATS why Trump won, not all the different nonsense spouted here.
Bite me. I didn't vote for Trump. I want a counter to Trump and people like yourself are going to oversee an even bigger majority for the GOP in 2018.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:45 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,296,966 times
Bite me? LOL. Your intellectual prowess overwhelms me .

I don't care who you voted for . I didn't vote for HC and will no doubt be happy with many of Trumps policies . That doesn't make him any less a patholigical liar , or his sheeple supporters any less stupid for willingly gobbling up every lie that spews from Trumps mouth . Which is what this thread is about .

Don't make silly claims about manipulated photos if you don't want to appear as a Trump worshipper .

Old 01-22-2017, 01:49 PM

45,592 posts, read 61,004,738 times
Quote:

Many of the pictures were taken as the swearing in was taking place. There isnt just one official picture being manipulated, there are hundreds taken by people who attended showing the smaller crowds right at noon. But the one being most circulated was taken at noon, just like the ones for Obamas. Everything that doesnt say what you want it to say isnt fake news. Thats the way children think. Grow up .

Geez dude, get real and quit drinking the Trumpade. Start thinking for yourself and quit letting Trumpdaddy tell you what you will believe.

And Trump won because the left focused on social justice and ignored the common guy, and ran a thoroughly shltty candidate , not because anyone questioned the intelligence of Trump supporters. You folks have overused this "thats why Trump won " phrase on so many different things its meaningless now except as a cute saying when you have nothing else to respond with. Moore predicted Trumps win and detailed the reasons why, AND the states that would turn to Trump. THATS why Trump won, not all the different nonsense spouted here.

No, the one being shown and labeled as "official" until today by People and GQ magazines and CNN until yesterday afternoon was the one taken about 8AM.

Here's today's story from GQ:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/m/5b0ea7...-house-is.html

Old 01-22-2017, 01:52 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,766,100 times
But you believe all of Clinton's lies and scandals.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:04 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,383,314 times
Quote:
Bite me? LOL. Your intellectual prowess overwhelms me .

I don't care who you voted for . I didn't vote for HC and will no doubt be happy with many of Trumps policies . That doesn't make him any less a patholigical liar , or his sheeple supporters any less stupid for willingly gobbling up every lie that spews from Trumps mouth . Which is what this thread is about .

Don't make silly claims about manipulated photos if you don't want to appear as a Trump worshipper .
The media misrepresented what went on. It bit them in the ass......Again. It will continue to do so.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:07 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,711,887 times
Quote:

Agree. I watched in live from the EagleCam on the Mall which most of the pictures come from at various times. I was watching it 2 minutes before the speech and during the speech. It never filled up. But so what. I'm just not sure why everyone is saying the photos are a hoax. There might be some out there taken at 8AM, but there are also plenty taken at 10:51 AM. And many of us witnessed the numbers right during speech time. They are for real. But again, it doesn't matter. What matters is the lie Trump keeps telling about and the desperate need for his supporters to be #1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies