Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 02:59 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,296,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Why does Trump lying so much not bother his supporters?

Because after 8 years of "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan", we're used to it.
What a sad excuse of an answer for believing a pathological liar who is so petty he even lies about the size of his inauguration crowd, and believes his supporters too stupid to understand pictures showing the opposite of what he says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 03:02 PM

20,548 posts, read 17,825,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
What a sad excuse of an answer for believing a pathological liar.

67% says Hillary is not trustworthy in a CBS poll

That's why she lost. A lying man who hasn't done anything in politics is better than a lying politician running for another government post.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:06 PM

6,414 posts, read 5,550,385 times
Trump supporters aren't interested in facts. They want demagogue rhetoric that they refer to as "ballsy" so they can thump their chests with pride.

That being said.....everyone lies.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The one I linked earlier that you claimed was taken at 11:04.

Dude, pay attention.

This is what the crowd looked like 45 minutes before justice John Roberts swore in the 45th president. Photo - 10 incredible views of the crowds at Donald Trump's inauguration | Revelist

The photos I referenced were from right before the inauguration. You can understand " live shot at 11:15",on ABC television, right?

Old 01-22-2017, 03:34 PM

26,667 posts, read 15,225,765 times
Quote:
I agree with much of this, but I would say the typical Trump supporter IS different than the typical lefty. i really dont know that anyone from the left would actually defend the inauguration crowd flap by believing lies from Obama that it was the biggest ever. They might make excuses for low turnout, but they wouldnt deny the reality of photo evidence.

This with Trump supporters is an entire new level of bizarreness and willingness to act as a sheeple to your heros every word.
I disagree.

There is no real difference.

I had an Obama voter on here literally lying about what a politifact article said to defend an Obama lie about Fast and Furious whereby his policy got over 300 people shot (mostly in Mexico).

In another example, Obama point blank lied and said that he didn't draw a red line in Syria - uh, hey Obama, you genius - we have a video of you doing it at a press conference in clear regards for what would bring US involvement. There were Obama voters on this very message board trying to spin Obama's lie that he didn't say it, that the world said it.

I had Obama voters at work telling me that Obama didn't break his anti-lobbyist policy, because he gave them waivers - the net result was he blasted Bush for having lobbyists in positions and then had more than Bush. I also had an Obama voter on here argue nonsense about the PolitiFact article on it. Obama then lied about his lobbyist record when running or reelection and people bought it.

Obama was caught lying about the circumstances of his own mother's death to score political points for Obamacare. He felt comfortable enough to repeat the lie a second time when running for reelection as he knew his supporters wouldn't care if they found out it was a lie.

Etc..

I could go on and on.

I think we have a tendency to downplay the lies of our preferred politician and the sheepishness of our preferred political party - while recognizing and castigating the opposite party.

I don't see any significant difference between the two parties on this.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:38 PM

45,588 posts, read 61,004,738 times
Quote:
Dude, pay attention.

This is what the crowd looked like 45 minutes before justice John Roberts swore in the 45th president. Photo - 10 incredible views of the crowds at Donald Trump's inauguration | Revelist

The photos I referenced were from right before the inauguration. You can understand " live shot at 11:15",on ABC television, right?
Dude, this is the first time you showed this that I saw. I, however, linked an article with pictures taken at totally different times which you then defended as accurate.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Dude, this is the first time you showed this that I saw. I, however, linked an article with pictures taken at totally different times which you then defended as accurate.
So you grasp that the photos show the smaller Trump crowd right before the swearing in , right?

Old 01-22-2017, 05:07 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,310,406 times
Quote:
Trumps lies are of a whole nuther category . He will look you in the eye and lie to you about what you can see on your phone for yourself, and think nothing of it .

Lots of politicians exaggerate , bend the truth, etc. Trump is the first that will look you in the eye after seeing a video that shows him saying "A", and promptly say " I never said A, and anything that shows I did is fake news".

Trump is likely a pathological liar . But more troubling is the amount of people willing to believe his lies . Have large numbers of people willing to believe a pathological liar that is also our leader , in spite of all evidence he is lying , is something our nation has never had to deal with before .

We have an entire segment of our populace who no longer operate in reality, but in an alternate reality dictated to them by their leader . Trump has openly bragged that he could kill a person on the street and his followers would be OK with it. Hyperbole on his part, but troubling once you realize that he is in fact accurate in his assessment of them .
Gaslighting, which is despicable. What's bizarre is that his supporters are also trying to gaslight everyone...for some reason that makes sense only in their minds.

OP, I'd also like to know the answers to your questions. Thank you for asking them.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:07 PM

863 posts, read 799,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Why don't hillary supporters care about her lies?
Why don't obama supporters care about his lies?
Why don't pelosi supporters care about her lies?
Etc. Etc. ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Politicians lie. That's like describing water as "wet".
So why do we accept it from any of them and what does that say about us?

Old 01-22-2017, 05:12 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,310,406 times
Quote:
That photo doesn't conflict with the one showing a smaller crowd than Obama . It just doesn't show the far back areas that were empty at Trump but filled at Obamas .The ones taken from the air ( at least they look like helicopter shots to me) show the ENTIRE crowd and the empty spaces at Trumps . No conflict, just an up close view that doesn't reach out far enough to show all the empty space at the back that the other photo shows . And space that was full at Obamas .
Which should be obvious to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies