Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 07:58 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yeah ya did.

" I want to marry a girl just like the girl that married dear old dad " means people were into incest? That's your projection.
No one else is thinking that. Trump just isn't uptight. Anyway take it to Salt Lake City where social conservatism plays so well. They think women should be in the kitchen en stuff too BTW but at least you can pow wow over Trump and his pin up model wife etc.

Yeah and slave masters treated some slaves like family. It never stops feminists from attacking men who have mothers wives and daughters that vouch for them. So why should accept your pet as evidence?

Oh so being a woman is a disability? Can you get it straight? Are you equal or do you need help with your disability?

I loath the FDA. I don't need their help. I am a forger and can some how figure out how to survive with natural food without killing myself . How is it that people cannot be trusted with raw milk but can with raw eggs? Ever hear of Stevia? Yeah unless its a funded by a patent monopoly, public domain plants cannot get approval. In fact I much more like a 60s lefty hippy that believed in equal rights, freedom of speech that these so called liberals are today. They are statist Nazis that want to rule over all social interaction. You think it will just stop there? These laws you love are nothing more than corporate sponsored monopoly scams and social control.

You are also barking up the wrong tree. I am not anti-state. I am not an anarchist. Air traffic is a like other public services like stop signs . However feminism must assume that women should probably be given priority in flights.

As for Medicare...the average woman lives much longer than men more or less meaning "feminists" are not interested in equality in benefits. Oh no in that case 65 is 65.

Now in the world where the sexes are assumed to win some and lose some I don't care. However in a world where women are mythologically oppressed in the West and suffer exclusively , I am just going to take an easy shot at it. After all, I like women who don't identify as feminists. Not their fault there are leftist lunatics. Feminist are dirt bag hypocrites. They are either loathsome social rejects or political opportunists looking to exploit simpletons. Its as simple as that.

See now. Isn't this nice? We both get to express our opinions. That's what it's all about. It's good to have give and take, don't you agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 07:58 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I sometimes think sexism--even misogyny--is so ingrained that many men don't recognize it in themselves. I am probably guilty of it as well.

Think of some of our cultural norms:

If a man is assertive, he's considered "confident, competent, straightforward."

If a woman is assertive, she's often considered "shrill, b i t c h y, a ballbuster."

A guy who sleeps with many women is "a horndog, a player, a smooth operator."

A woman who's had many partners is "a s l u t, w h o r e, easy, damaged goods."

As a man ages, he appears "dignified, distinguished."

As a woman ages, she might be viewed as "a hag...really let herself go."

I like to mention this proverbial scenario:

It's after work, been a long day. A man decides to have a drink at a bar. Nobody pays him any mind.

Now, imagine the same thing, but with a woman. A woman in this scenario would very likely be hit on repeatedly. She can't just be there to wind down after a workday. Guys in the bar would be thinking "She must be here trying to get picked up! I'm gonna go try a few lines on her."

There's also an undercurrent of patronizing condescension towards women that is very pervasive.

If I was a woman, I don't think I'd ever stop being pissed off.

I have pondered most of these things for years. Would like to add..........Years ago I had a vasectomy.....decided no more kids.....the procedure for the woman is considered major surgery and much more dangerous. To me it was a no brainer......30 minutes in docs office with a local........sore for a couple days and its over.
A lot of guys I worked with were contemplating the issue of no more children.I could not believe all those "he-men" who were scared witless to do what I did. Most of em had their wives have the hysterectomy.

I had a pet term for those guys.. but its sexist.....

Old 01-23-2017, 08:46 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Most of them are pretty busy sleeping on the floors of their kids' bedrooms because they have husbands who won't take night duty while getting up, dressing up (makeup and all), and getting kids ready, going to work, getting kids from daycare, coming home, making dinner, cleaning up, getting kids to bed/homework done, lather, rinse, repeat.

Only single women with no kids can take those jobs, and yes, there are women who work tough jobs like that.
Name a few working on the oil rigs, as fishermen, as high rise window cleaners, as roofers etc. You don't see women working in these jobs with any significant quantity like over 1%.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:19 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
I get what you are saying but being born X,Y, or Z, really isn't a thing to be proud of. Accomplishments and the actions of the individual are what matters.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:23 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
i have a feeling you werent shouting this stuff before Trump got elected were you??

Old 01-24-2017, 03:02 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im sure you really wish to live there and beat all your wifes up
LOL...you bet wrong (I'm not a hating liberal), I hated Saudi....an ideology the women's march chair is trying to bring to the USA.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:10 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im proud to be a woman. Im proud to be brave, to stand up for my rights, to defend myself.

Im proud that i have empathy and that i care about other human beings, mostly about those who arent as fortunate as me.

Im proud to be a mom, and im proud of those women thar decide being a mom is not for them. Im proud of having 2 degrees and proud of the feminists that, in the past, made it so much easier for the women of today.

Im a feminist, i believe in gender equality and cant believe that, in 2017, we still have to explain what feminism is.

Im proud to march, alongside hundreds of thousands of women, many times in my country. Im proud that in 2015 and 2016, those marches got REALLY massive and now feminism is in the political agenda and the media and politicians are forced to deal with it.

Im proud of women in USA that marched all over the country, im proud of my fellow argrntinians and ni una menos, im proud of fellow chileans, uruguayan, peruvians, colombians, etc, who took our ni una menos and make it their own and took the streets as well. Im proud of women in africa that find strenght to protest in the hardest condition, women in poland that protested against the abortion ban, im proud of women all over europe. Im proud of the feminists of the 70s and how they made the world a better place for all of us. Im proud of women of the 19 century and early 20th century that fight to give us a vote, that fight for our right to vote.

Im proud that im part of a generation thats fighting gender equality too, and trying to make a better world for our sons and daughters, for our fellow brothers and sisters. Im proud, im brave, im beautiful, im smart, im STRONG. Women are strong. Im proud of strong women all over the world. Im proud that we are fighting back.

Im proud that i have to deal with sexist bs all my life, just like all women, but that didnt make me stop, that didnt make me go "oh, ill be quiet", "oh, ill be a nice mellow female who doesnt make too much noise". If anything it made me stronger, louder, more determined. Im proud of all women that fight back, im proud of all women that fight back, im proud of single moms who have the strenght to be a mom when some idiot abandon them, im proud of women who overcome domestic violence, im proud of women who have been raped and live with it. I have suffered some form of sexual harrasment and domestic violence, just like most women, even the ones who think they didnt.

Im proud i have a feminist husband now, a feminist who adores me, considers me his equal, who doesnt care if he cooks more than me, or do the dishes more than me, because im his best friend and companion and mother of his little baby. Im proud of all male feminists outhere.

I might be a rarity in city data politics forum (home of mysogynysts) but be clear about something: we are A LOT. MILLONS. MORE AND MORE EVERYDAY. The world is full of proud women. Sooner or later youll realize.

If you are also a proud woman, please write about it here.
I'm proud I'm not you!
Even the feminists of yesteryear think todays ultra feminists are a bunch of loons. I don't have to protest to be strong - I don't have to put myself in the limelight to be a proud woman. I already have equality - can turn my back on those who are ignorant and not be bothered by the BS. I also have a DH and son who will do dishes, housework and cook - but guess what I like doing those things - as well as cutting the lawn. Many of us are happy already and don't need others campaigning for us. Stop playing the victim - you have all the rights in the world now and are not victimized - only in your head.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:20 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
A strong woman doesn't need to march. They don't need the government to intrude in their lives. Only weak women need the government to prop them up.

Fems are haters of men. They tell men to kiss off . They are offended so easily they are snowflakes who couldn't defend themselves without the government. They couldn't bake a cookie for anyone because of that chip on their shoulder that tells them I am too good to stoop to such a position as cooking.

Men are proud to be a chef. Men are more liberated than the women . They can bake a cookie and not have any baggage. That is true liberation with no baggage. A strong woman can wear many hats and not be entangled in the garbage the fems preach.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:46 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
If you've never been a woman who started work prior to sexual harassment laws, who has been sexually harassed by her bosses, catcalled when she walked by other men she worked around and actually had her breast grabbed by a superior at work, then no, you probably wouldn't understand why so many women marched on Saturday. Watching a man who has actually sexually assaulted women and bragged about it get elected to the highest office of our country is sickening. Watching and listening to a man objectifying his own daughter is sickening. Minimizing the strides this country has made in bringing equal rights and protections to women and to all minorities is indeed an issue worth fighting against. We have come so far, and we do not wish to have those liberties demolished. Only if you've ever been in a position of subordination would you ever really understand.

I don't hate men, and I daresay most of the women who marched don't hate men. They hate the attitudes of some, not all, that those in power sometimes exhibit and espouse.

I grew up in the 60's, and I always thought those female "foot soldiers" in the "sexual revolution" were sickening, still do. Indescriminate meaningless sexual relationships, letting total strangers use your body for recreation, and then wanting to use abortion to rid yourself of an unwanted pregnancy?

I successfully raised two daughters who feel the same way.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:50 AM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Feminism means you hate men, that's all it means.
Stupid, stupid, stupid, incorrect statement. Feminists are EQUAL to men and there are many, many decent feminist men who support the movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies