Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 05:50 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Do you know what the L.A. City Council was doing while Donald Trump was becoming the 45th President of the United States?

They weren't calling for the country to come together. Instead they decided to screw taxpayers yet again and hire an "immigrant advocate."

What the hell does an "immigrant advocate" even do? All this means is that our government will take more money out of our pockets.

Council President Herb Wesson said:
"We have a responsibility to protect all the residents of the city."

That's code for, "We care more about illegals than we care about you. Now give us your money."
L.A. City Council approves hiring 'immigrant advocate' | John and Ken | KFI AM 640

Thought all your tax dollars would be applied to fixing the sidewalks, fixing the streets, fixing the water infrastructure, fixing the LAUSD, etc.? Well you'll have to take a discount on the quality of all those things whilst Cuckcetti, our jackass rodeo of a City Council, and the Board of [corrupt criminal] County Supervisors launch their own war against this country's President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 06:25 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,153,050 times
Hey Exitus. What's the latest on street mattresses? I haven't heard an update from you lately. Have you seen and king sized?

Old 01-23-2017, 07:18 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
L.A. City Council approves hiring 'immigrant advocate' | John and Ken | KFI AM 640

Thought all your tax dollars would be applied to fixing the sidewalks, fixing the streets, fixing the water infrastructure, fixing the LAUSD, etc.? Well you'll have to take a discount on the quality of all those things whilst Cuckcetti, our jackass rodeo of a City Council, and the Board of [corrupt criminal] County Supervisors launch their own war against this country's President.
Yeah it's disgusting really . We should not be spending a cent on any of this . We all know this is all pro illegal . But you are right it's 100% to fight Trump .
Also I love how Garcetti has called Trump a racist and that Trump shouldn't be 'normalized'..
But then says he wants to work with Trump. It's a joke.
We've had immigrants here forever , they are just coming up with this now? Immigration can be good as long as it's legal.
We've had many immigrants come from all over the world legally , they didn't need an immigrant advocate .
Also immigration is regulated by the federal government , not cities .
Garcetti is willing to sacrifice the money we receive from the federal government so that we can have the great honor of remaining a "Sanctuary City". Great move!
Unfortunately Garcetti will be reelected because people don't realize how much he's screwing taxpayers and he has that D in his name .

Last edited by jm1982; 01-23-2017 at 07:27 PM..

Old 01-23-2017, 08:28 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
Good points as always, jm1982. And notice there's really no counter argument to all this, lest we would have seen one in this thread by now.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:21 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,186,254 times
Oh I'm sure RaymondChandlerlives I will appear to call you a Reich winger Hitler lover soon...that's getting pretty old. I can't believe Garcetti actually said Trumps a racist! Was this before he was elected? Maxine Watere is another peach. LA is going to war and they're gonna lose ergo the citizens of LA will lose

Old 01-23-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Oh I'm sure RaymondChandlerlives I will appear to call you a Reich winger Hitler lover soon...that's getting pretty old. I can't believe Garcetti actually said Trumps a racist! Was this before he was elected? Maxine Watere is another peach. LA is going to war and they're gonna lose ergo the citizens of LA will lose

Yeah not just a racist, but a bigot and sexist too!
Yeah he said it before the election. But after the election he held a press conference saying it was a traumatic election and he felt like protesting too.
I just don't think a Mayor should be so partisan like that.
Trump never said anything about Garcetti just that he wasn't cool with sanctuary cities and illegal immigration.
Trump never said anything against LGBT community, so that's just a bunch of lies too.

"Ahead of Donald Trump’s campaign trip to Southern California today, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti slammed the presumed Republican nominee on Tuesday, calling Trump the “ultimate caricature” of a politician who will say anything to get elected.
“What we can’t do with Donald Trump is normalize him as a candidate,” Garcetti said in a conference call with reporters. “He’s a racist, he’s a bigot, he’s sexist.”"

blah blah blah...

"We embrace diversity,” Garcetti said of Angelenos. “We make sure that everyone is treated with the respect and dignity that they deserve. We don’t take LGBT, or Muslims, or Mexican-Americans and try to scare people about them. We actually invite them to be part of the core prosperity of the city.”"

LA Mayor Eric Garcetti slams Donald Trump as ‘ultimate caricature’

Old 01-23-2017, 10:19 PM

20 posts, read 26,704 times
Does anyone here support this? If so could you explain why?

Old 01-24-2017, 07:41 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,166,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah not just a racist, but a bigot and sexist too!
Because...he's not?

The link sends you to a poorly written opinion piece. Maybe try here?

That said, it's a dumb initiative if for no other reason than the fact that hiring someone without a clearly-defined set of responsibilities is asking for trouble (yes, I'm speaking from experience) and it leaves the intent open to all kinds of interpretations. Hopefully by the time an actual candidate is identified, his or her duties will actually be clearer. The legal immigration process is actually complicated enough for such an advocate to be necessary, assuming (s)he serves a legitimate purpose.

Unsurprisingly, the right wing is already in an uprising even if the position ends up having nothing to do with illegals. Again, I'm not buying or selling - it could be another "sanctuary" function (which, in my opinion is BS)...or not. I'm just curious as to why the same people who are asking liberals to give Trump a chance won't do the same for whomever fills this position.
Quote:
"We embrace diversity,” Garcetti said of Angelenos. “We make sure that everyone is treated with the respect and dignity that they deserve. We don’t take LGBT, or Muslims, or Mexican-Americans and try to scare people about them. We actually invite them to be part of the core prosperity of the city.”"
What's the problem with this statement?

Last edited by highlanderfil; 01-24-2017 at 07:50 AM..

Old 01-24-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Because...he's not?

The link sends you to a poorly written opinion piece. Maybe try here?

That said, it's a dumb initiative if for no other reason than the fact that hiring someone without a clearly-defined set of responsibilities is asking for trouble (yes, I'm speaking from experience) and it leaves the intent open to all kinds of interpretations. Hopefully by the time an actual candidate is identified, his or her duties will actually be clearer. The legal immigration process is actually complicated enough for such an advocate to be necessary, assuming (s)he serves a legitimate purpose.

Unsurprisingly, the right wing is already in an uprising even if the position ends up having nothing to do with illegals. Again, I'm not buying or selling - it could be another "sanctuary" function (which, in my opinion is BS)...or not. I'm just curious as to why the same people who are asking liberals to give Trump a chance won't do the same for whomever fills this position.What's the problem with this statement?
Because it's a bs position created solely to make a political "point" .
The politicians in this city are great at one thing . Wasting taxpayer money .

And $10 million for the city-county fund for a "defense fund" to hire attorneys for illegals you are all for that too? Really ?..

"In a move with symbolic timing, the Los Angeles City Council chose the day of Donald Trump’s swearing-in as America’s 45th president to approve the hiring of an “immigrant advocate” at City Hall."

L.A. City Council approves hiring an 'immigrant advocate' at City Hall - LA Times

The problem with the Garcetti statement is that it's fear mongering and also false . Trump hasn't said a thing about LGBT , he said he's against illegal immigrant not Mexicans and on Muslims he's not "against " them just radical Islamic terrorism .
People like Garcetti are propagating all these lies , it's really irresponsible .

All of this being a "champion" for illegals , LGBT and Muslims is just a distraction so voters don't realize what a horrendous job he's done as Mayor.

Last edited by jm1982; 01-24-2017 at 08:06 AM..

Old 01-24-2017, 08:07 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,166,034 times
Quote:
Because it's a bs position created solely to make a political "point".
That's your opinion. Mine is that I do not know yet what it was created for.
Quote:
And $10 million for the city-county fund for a "defense fund" to hire attorneys for illegals you are all for that too? Really ?..
I don't think I've ever expressed an opinion on the matter one way or the other, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.
Quote:
"In a move with symbolic timing, the Los Angeles City Council chose the day of Donald Trump’s swearing-in as America’s 45th president to approve the hiring of an “immigrant advocate” at City Hall."
OK. What's your point?
Quote:
The problem with the Garcetti statement is that it's fear mongering and also false . Trump hasn't said a thing about LGBT , he said he's against illegal immigrant not Mexicans and on Muslims he's not "against " them just radical Islamic terrorism .
People like Garcetti are propagating all these lies , it's really irresponsible .
I'm really not sure how it's fear mongering, but OK. While Trump may not have said anything about LGBT, Mike Pence certainly has and it's a little disingenuous to think that he wields absolutely no power in the administration.

As for immigration, Trump has said plenty of things that weren't...let's just say graceful. He's a great populist - he is not a great diplomat.
Quote:
All of this being a "champion" for illegals , LGBT and Muslims is just a distraction so voters don't realize what a horrendous job he's done as Mayor.
I don't disagree with Garcetti being a failure as mayor, but I'm not willing to dismiss wholesale things that actually do make sense simply because he screwed up elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies