Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 01:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

All those dead bodies surrounding Putin! It's almost like he's trying to keep up with the Clinton's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 01:20 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
No, I mean the senior career officers, many who have served under several different administrations.

Typically, they stay on until their replacements have been confirmed and transitioned into their responsibilities. This can take up to six months.

Even the "underlings" as you charmingly call them, are leaving.

Then I will ask why you didn't raise the same issue when President Obama took office and the same thing happened in many departments? Or Clinton?

Oh, that's right-Bush. All that needs to be said.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:29 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
exactly how has it been discredited? as far as i can see it has neither been confirmed or discredited.
Steele, the retired MI6 agent who pulled this dossier together, has vanished.

Now this guy (that those who follow such matters believe may be the one who spilled the beans), has been found dead in the back of his Lexus on Boxing Day. Foul play is suspected.

I understand that in the spy vs. spy world, this is viewed as clue.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:30 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Well, it looks like that dossier is likely accurate. People don't kill over inaccurate dossier leaks.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Then I will ask why you didn't raise the same issue when President Obama took office and the same thing happened in many departments? Or Clinton?

I realize this is a difficult concept to grasp, but from what I've read, it hasn't happen like this in the past. Some left. Some didn't. But there was a transition period where folks stayed on until their replacements were confirmed and at least read in to what was what.

"It is not uncommon for senior officials to stay on for a while to smooth the transition to a new administration,"

Top US diplomats leave State Department - BBC News

"All are career Foreign Service officers who have served under both Republican and Democratic administrations."

"amounts to a near-complete housecleaning of all the senior officials that deal with managing the State Department, its overseas posts and its people."

"Ambassador Richard Boucher, who served as State Department spokesman for Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, said that while there’s always a lot of turnover around the time a new administration takes office, traditionally senior officials work with the new team"

“It’s the single biggest simultaneous departure of institutional memory that anyone can remember,and that’s incredibly difficult to replicate,” said David Wade, who served as State Department chief of staff under Secretary of State John Kerry.

“Diplomatic security, consular affairs, there’s just not a corollary that exists outside the department, and you can least afford a learning curve in these areas where issues can quickly become matters of life and death,” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.dc4ba7d0daae

Old 01-28-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Well, it looks like that dossier is likely accurate. People don't kill over inaccurate dossier leaks.
Or else they are assassinated to make it look like the dossier was accurate.

But it is worthy of note.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:03 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:

I had to catch myself from falling over. Your first sentence shows that you're getting it.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:05 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No, there weren't. There were rightwing nut job conspiracies peddled that the low information conservatives gobbled up like chocolate cake. Remember Pizzagate? It's not hard to fool the clueless.
You saying that they weren't true does not negate the fact that people fall like flies around the Clintons. There's a big, long list of people who are now dead. It's not "rightwing nut job" anything, it's all Clintons, all the time.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:12 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Wasn't there all kinds of deaths linked to the Clintons? The reasons for these deaths? Who knows.
I thought the death of Vince Foster was the most telling thing about the Clintons. Or, even the fact that he may have become so disillusioned with them that he took his own life......they certainly are capable of having it done, IMOO.

IMO, when the entire senior level state department management staff departs abruptly amidst an ongoing mass exodus of senior foreign service officers, things do not bode well for our nation.[/quote]My understanding was that the Trump team came in and said, "your services are no longer needed."

Quote:
You mean those politically appointed senior staff who traditionally resign at the beginning of a new Administration? That senior staff? Including the one who had been working at State since 1973?

Political appointments know that their positions are temporary. This is true from the federal government down to the smallest town.

You guys act like these political appointees have no underlings, Assistant to the Undersecretary, to step in until the next political appointment is confirmed.

Just like the DC National Guard commander you had the vapors over. Turned out his XO was the one who planned the Inauguration and the General just signed off on it..
Good points....

Quote:

Thank you. They won't stop, listen and think....

Quote:

This. Well noted.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The DoD expenditures are so out of control. Years ago military leaders pointed that out along with the overall debt as a threat to our national security.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...?client=safari
"A nation with our current levels of unsustainable debt ... cannot hope to sustain for very long its superiority from a military perspective, or its influence in world affairs," Admiral Michael Mullen, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said last month."

We simply have to get the national debt down and spending billions on a wall is unlikely to help with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies