Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 08:41 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Either the room was emptier than we thought (but let's be honest, no one wants to go THERE again....), or no, not "everyone" got (or perhaps appreciated) it".
I would characterize it as polite laughter based on what I saw. So, they got it in all likelihood but just thought it was kind of a crappy joke, which I'll agree it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 08:52 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, they are laughing their you know what off at Trump. I have never seen anyone with an ego that huge and here he his our president. lol But that doesn't seem to be good enough for him. He wants to have the biggest ratings as well. He was always upset when The Apprentice was never nominated for an Emmy. And no, this was no joke about Arnold because he has said this before so he really meant it. I did love Arnold's response to him....priceless. And I would take Arnold over Trump as president any day. Too bad he can't run.
yep, i agree with this too!

Old 02-02-2017, 09:04 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Yup, this is right out of the Republican play book for dealing with this unbalanced man. They'll use him for a couple of months then impeach him.
I think they're using each other...

Old 02-02-2017, 09:23 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I would characterize it as polite laughter based on what I saw. So, they got it in all likelihood but just thought it was kind of a crappy joke, which I'll agree it was.
Polite laughter by a handful of people. Not "the people in the room" which implied the (evil) press (again) misrepresented the situation. No, the "joke" fell flat, even to those in the room.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Polite laughter by a handful of people. Not "the people in the room" which implied the (evil) press (again) misrepresented the situation. No, the "joke" fell flat, even to those in the room.
I wouldn't argue with you that it fell flat. I agree. I just don't think it was a big deal but to each their own. Trump isn't funny. I never thought he was funny and he really shouldn't even try. Obama, I didn't agree with politically, but he was funny.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I wouldn't argue with you that it fell flat. I agree. I just don't think it was a big deal but to each their own. Trump isn't funny. I never thought he was funny and he really shouldn't even try. Obama, I didn't agree with politically, but he was funny.
I get that. My response (this one) had nothing to do with politics other than the poster I responded to seemed to imply that those in the room "got it" and appreciated it. It was only the MSM that portrayed it as a joke that fell flat. And that is incorrect.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I get that. My response (this one) had nothing to do with politics other than the poster I responded to seemed to imply that those in the room "got it" and appreciated it. It was only the MSM that portrayed it as a joke that fell flat. And that is incorrect.
I think I'm confused as to what you're saying actually. Having watched it, my personal belief is that people got the joke but it fell flat.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Yes, it was a joke. The people in the room got it.
People upset by this are humorless, obtuse or both.
You dont get that this post implied that it was funny in person but that the media ("liberals") portrayed it as less than funny?

There was scant, polite laughter. Some people, who were there, thought it was a valid attempt at humor and laughed politely. Others, who were also there, didn't think it was funny or they didn't think it was worthy of even polite laughter.

Not sure what else I can add to help you out. Sorry.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
You dont get that this post implied that it was funny in person but that the media portrayed it as less than funny?

Nit sure what else I can add to help you out. Sorry.
Ah. I see what you're saying. Sorry, following too many threads and just overlooked that. No, I think it wasn't funny in the room or otherwise.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:50 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You should apply for Kellyanne's job. She looks like she's about to crack.[snip]
Kellyanne ran the first successful Presidential campaign. Even if I didn't support Trump, I'd admire her for her accomplishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies