Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 11:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
I think at this point they are using him as a shield to slam home major top heavy tax cuts and deregulation and ACA cuts...Then once accomplished they will drum up something to kick him to the curb and install Pence with Ryan in VP slot to be heir apparent....
Yep. I am pretty sure that this is the plan.

They want to be able to pin any of the aforementioned, once they fail, on him.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
You shouldn't be... The last President wasn't from this country and neither is Arnold.
We've already had one guy in office that shouldn't have been allowed, let's not add to the mix.
I was a 'Birther' before the term was popular.
Good grief. Obama was born in Hawaii. Unless you're convinced that Hawaii isn't a state. In which case, there's no help for you.

I'd take a trained seal right now over Twitler. No matter where it was born.

Your guy is crazy as hell.

And he doesn't give a damn about you unless you're a rich guy, like him.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:44 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
The bible does lay down certain codes of conduct that involves bearing your cross, engaging in introspection and communicating with god, and bringing light to the darkness. If YOU, TRUMP, NEMO, BEATRICE, BARRON, etc are not doing this...then they ARE NOT a christian.

it really is pretty simple

...based on their actions and words, trump and bannon are not christians

Neither is NEMO....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
They might try it but that would be the end of their political careers. Trump has a, shall we say, dedicated following. People like Ryan are mostly just tolerated.
Nah... who else are they gonna vote FOR?

Trump is eroding his following. Don't glance around this right-slanted forum population and let it convince you otherwise.

People are whispering to one another about it... people who VOTED for him.

Sooo... Trump makes some people giggle because they see him as "sticking it to the lefties?" Big deal.

That's just not enough to keep them going once he screws them over.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxon View Post
Liberals are so dumb. It was a joke. You on the left will never get a joke not made at the expense of a republican.
Yet... he talks about his stupid ratings all the time. If it was a joke, it was a really terrible one told at a highly inappropriate time.

A small, lighthearted joke of a self-effacing nature would have been fine. That's not what he told.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:51 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Did our president really just ask attendees to pray for improved ratings for The Apprentice during his appearance at the National Prayer Breakfast? I've watched the clip several times now, and I still can't wrap my head around it. Truly a head-smacking moment.
He said that as a snipe back at Arnold who has been attacking him lately over his EO.

Maybe you people should put down the propaganda for once, actually educate yourself on whats going on so you don't look silly every time you open your mouth.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Okay, everyone. Forgetting the bad taste he showed, isn't this a conflict of interest? He is the Executive Producer of the show. He is using his office to draw attention to it.

Honestly, I am not trying to be argumentative, but if Trump encouraged people, jokingly or not, to play golf at one of his resorts, it's wrong. Impeachable? No. Because he was careful to ask "Americans" to pray.

Anyway, maybe he'll have Arnold deported. Yes, I know he is an American citizen, but he kept his Austrian citizenship (Austria made an exception for him) So he has dual citizenship. Maybe Trump will ask the Supreme Court, once it's controlled by the far right, to revoke dual citizenship, since you really can only be loyal to one country. I mean, why not? He wants to send troops into Chicago and Mexico, yells at the Australian PM, calls being a friend of Putin an asset and signs an order to handcuff 5 year old boys at airports. The man is unstable.
Does he do anything that is not a conflict of interest, really? He brings is sons into the White House to hobnob with Congresspeople, and he plugs his show all the time... Ivanka plugged a bracelet from her collection...

Come on... this is who these people are.

Ugh.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
He said that as a snipe back at Arnold who has been attacking him lately over his EO.

Maybe you people should put down the propaganda for once, actually educate yourself on whats going on so you don't look silly every time you open your mouth.
Just imagine this post as a mirror.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:31 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post

And the time to even the score was at the National Prayer Breakfast? This is not middle school, NxtGen! He is our president, and he needs to stop acting like every public appearance is an appropriate setting for him to pull out his member and prove how big it is. (Sorry, but there's really no other way to describe this nonsense.) BTW, I saw this story and the clip on The Hill, a conservative news site, and then watched the entire recorded speech to ensure I understood the context. Is that what you consider propaganda?

Old 02-02-2017, 12:33 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yes, the President of the United States of America is a curious individual, in many ways.

Edited to add: I rather like the response by the former Governor of California:

"Schwarzenegger promptly replied via a Twitter video: "Hey Donald. I have a great idea. Why don't we switch jobs? You take over TV, cause you're such an expert in ratings. And I take over your job, so that people can finally sleep comfortably again."

Trump at National Prayer Breakfast: 'Pray for Arnold for those ratings' - CNNPolitics.com
a rather nice zinger from arnie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies