Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 02:20 PM

30,375 posts, read 19,177,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Did our president really just ask attendees to pray for improved ratings for The Apprentice during his appearance at the National Prayer Breakfast? I've watched the clip several times now, and I still can't wrap my head around it. Truly a head-smacking moment.
Yes, great stuff....making America great again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 02:36 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times
Illegitimate, Popular Vote Loser, Not My President Trump is going to destroy this country and all he cares about are ratings....what a shame.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:27 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,239,928 times
It wasn't funny because he didn't mean it to be. It was just another bragging statement. He wanted to point out the show he is still making money from, is down in ratings because he's no longer on it. Its a win for him either way. This will pull in more viewers and more cash for him, or his fans can rejoice in the fact the show can't make it without him.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:29 PM

67 posts, read 52,004 times
I find it disturbing that the US president is joking/taunting with his show's ratings (he's the producer still) when a US soldier got killed with a buncha civilians, including kids.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:34 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Just imagine this post as a mirror.
Do you have a point or is reverting to a stupid comment all you have?

Old 02-02-2017, 03:36 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,789,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyPeopleAreSayin View Post
I find it disturbing that the US president is joking/taunting with his show's ratings (he's the producer still) when a US soldier got killed with a buncha civilians, including kids.

I am disturbed by it, too. Alarming how little empathy or understanding this buffoon seems to have. It's highly disturbing. He only cares about himself and his own family (although I'm not sure his wife is even on that list at this point.) Everyone else is expendable.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:37 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
And the time to even the score was at the National Prayer Breakfast? This is not middle school, NxtGen! He is our president, and he needs to stop acting like every public appearance is an appropriate setting for him to pull out his member and prove how big it is. (Sorry, but there's really no other way to describe this nonsense.) BTW, I saw this story and the clip on The Hill, a conservative news site, and then watched the entire recorded speech to ensure I understood the context. Is that what you consider propaganda?
Yeah, let me just think on your comment.

You have NO damn leg to stand on.

The hypocrisy, the pure BS about "how a president should act!"

FFS it is like you people were born yesterday and didn't have any clue of Obama's presidency.

Look...

Go back to sleep, your complaints are seen for the partisan BS they are.

You people make me sick.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:59 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyPeopleAreSayin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I am disturbed by it, too. Alarming how little empathy or understanding this buffoon seems to have. It's highly disturbing. He only cares about himself and his own family (although I'm not sure his wife is even on that list at this point.) Everyone else is expendable.
Goodness, I'm sure you felt the same way when Obama was playing golf after similar incidents. As long as you're consistent, then fine. If not, then you're just a hypocrite.

Me? I still think it was a standard speech with the standard joke which fell flat. I'm not overreading this thing like some of y'all are.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:11 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
A joke that fell flat?

Honestly. What could possibly be humorous about praying for ratings for his cheesy reality show at a National Prayer Breakfast?

Old 02-02-2017, 04:12 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
I suppose Spicer and Kellyanne are going to claim it was actually Obama's joke and that Trump just told it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies