Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 02:11 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No he doesn't
Yes, he does:

"There are some fringe factions of the alt-right that have demonstrated genuinely racist, anti-Semitic, and prejudiced leanings. They clearly don't want a Jewish, homosexual, black-d***-loving supremacist as a spokesman. And I don't want to be associated with them, either." - Milo Yiannopoulos, December 2016 interview with Oliver Darcy

Look up the quote yourself.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
Other link was removed. Try this other one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWo5F9vPNI0

But that might get removed also.. so just look for it on YouTube (or wherever) til you find it.

A must see for everyone. BRILLIANT interview..!!! The truth needs to be told!

I hope all these universities that have gone psycho will continue cutting themselves off from the rest of the world so much that they all suffocate & implode in their own hypocritical little echo chambers.

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they don’t want to hear.” George Orwell

Youtube has been deleting it over and over.
ppl are flagging it

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You're quoting from one of the right-wing sites. As usual, the discussion has been edited. I watched that show last night. A Republican, Alice Stewart, who worked on the Cruz campaign, was also on that panel, and she kept referring to them as "Leftists" which is why Reich made that comment. He was actually at UC Berkeley when the violence erupted and saw the students peacefully demonstrating. Then a group of people dressed in black with masks and riot shields appeared and caused all the violence. This has happened before at different events where the majority of protesters have been gathered legally to express their views.

So, using your argument that Reich had no idea who they were, how can anyone say they were liberals or even students? Were they caught and arrested? Does anyone have their voter registration info? You can't have it both ways! I agree with Reich that they were outside agitators and, unless you can prove otherwise, you have only your opinion.
So Nancy, it seems you're full of crap on this one. You're claiming the transcript is wrong? Okay, put up your version to prove the offered transcript of what he said is wrong. I just watched the CNN video of the conversation and it's as transcribed.
Try again?
I'll wait...

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
My assertion was that Milo whatshisface hasn't had his free speech rights violated. He makes public appearances, apparently has been on tv and is selling books full of whatever he writes about.

That's what's known as free speech.

If you were making an assertion, you did a lousy job of it.

That's all.

You said: "what free speech is and isn't."

What "isn't"? As in, what has Milo done that "isn't"?

Old 02-03-2017, 02:17 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It means that if one of your appearances gets cancelled because of an angry unruly mob, your free speech is still intact.

Milo's legal right to free speech was still intact.... but his ability to exercise it was not.

These protestors are Stalinists and terrorists.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:23 PM

648 posts, read 1,174,729 times
<Youtube has been deleting it over and over.
ppl are flagging it>

...which utterly validates- EXACTLY- everything he says in the interview. Scary times we live in.
It's time for liberals to take the 'liberty' part out of their name, because it no longer applies.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:25 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No he doesn't, and he gets pretty deep into differing religions in his talks.
He identifys as Catholic and is constantly rousing the Protestants.

Never has he said he was a Jew.
I posted a video of him himself a few pages back stating that he is a Jew in response to your claim that he isn't a Jew.

This has grown tiring. I believe you're just being purposely obtuse for some idiotic reason. Or you're a drunk.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:29 PM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
This wasn't the first person denied to speak on a campus although this was done through senseless violence. Still it is wrong to deny a point of view, even one you don't agree with as it broadens your view, besides if you don't like it you don't have to attend. I recall Louis Farrakhan, Condoleezza Rice and others being denied speaking engagements at universities but not violently like these events.

I recall Mahmoud Ahmadinejad from Iran speaking at Columbia University, Farrakhan at Chicago , if they can allow them then what's the problem with these speakers at NYU and Berkley. This is a total over reaction, these people should be embarrassed not to mention incarcerated, I hope they find them. This is damaging their cause not to mention making these speakers no one heard of famous.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:33 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This wasn't the first person denied to speak on a campus although this was done through senseless violence. Still it is wrong to deny a point of view, even one you don't agree with as it broadens your view, besides if you don't like it you don't have to attend. I recall Louis Farrakhan, Condoleezza Rice and others being denied speaking engagements at universities but not violently like these events.

I recall Mahmoud Ahmadinejad from Iran speaking at Columbia University, Farrakhan at Chicago , if they can allow them then what's the problem with these speakers at NYU and Berkley. This is a total over reaction, these people should be embarrassed not to mention incarcerated, I hope they find them. This is damaging their cause not to mention making these speakers no one heard of famous.

amazing hyperbole.

thats adorable, lol.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:36 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The Left's act of terrorism (and that's what it is by the legal definition) to prevent Milo Yiannopoulos from speaking at a California college last night backfired, as pre-order sales of his book skyrocketed 12,740% on Amazon overnight.

Berkeley Blowback: Milo Book Sales Soar 12,740% Overnight | Zero Hedge

Had it not been for these Liberal terrorists, I would not have known who this man was, and would never have conceived of buying his book. But thanks to all the attention he is now getting, my interest has been peaked and I've pre-ordered his book myself.

Don't intolerant Liberals realize they are actually working against their own objective when they commit acts of terror in order to quell free speech and suppress thoughts and ideas they don't agree with?
What's happening on college campuses in the last few years with the intolerance of varying ideas is sickening. Free speech and an exchange of ideas should be encouraged. The far left intolerance of anything that does't fit their mold is going to backfire on them at some point, more and more people are starting to check out, hence the Trump win, among other factors of course.

I personally don't care for this Milo guy, not so much his message but his provocative style, he calls himself an entertainer and he is, he's selling books and talk tours tickets. I basically agree with his message, but I've watched him when he was less "flamboyant" for a lack of another term and nothing to do with his sexuality and he was fine, on point and I agree for the most part, not everything, but whatever. I just find his personal style to be obnoxious and arrogant as hell. That's just one guys opinion.

Another person that shares similar views as Milo is a guy named Sam Harris, more toned down, but just as articulate, probably more so and more informed I believe as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies