Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 02:11 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Check out the ratings for CNN (#11). They are now below MSNBC and way below the top 3 Cable networks.

They can't afford to lose more viewers.

This week's cable ratings - Media Life Magazine

Old 02-06-2017, 02:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
I can trend news junkie. I tend to be more interested in the tactics used to spin than I am the actual news.

Kellyanne knows exactly what she wants to accomplish in every interview. Every word is calculated for the desisted effect.

Her remark about the " Bowling Green massacre" was classic Kellyanne. She knew the interviewer, Chris Matthews, was going to jump on it and she used her fallback response, the reason no one knew about it was because the media did not cover it.

The bold was her intent.

That there was no massacre planned or executed in Bowling Green was meaningless.
US Intelligence has determined two people in Bowling Green, Ky had attempted to send weapons and money to Al Qaeda, in Iraq. There was no plot to commit an act of terrorism on US soil.

Kellyanne blew it off saying she misspoke one word. You know, one of those silly brain farts we all have.

Yet, she "misspoke" at least twice before when referred to Bowling Green as a massacre. Misspoke, my patooty. She knows exactly what she's doing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.56b7f6215b50

Old 02-06-2017, 02:49 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I can trend news junkie. I tend to be more interested in the tactics used to spin than I am the actual news.

Kellyanne knows exactly what she wants to accomplish in every interview. Every word is calculated for the desisted effect.

Her remark about the " Bowling Green massacre" was classic Kellyanne. She knew the interviewer, Chris Matthews, was going to jump on it and she used her fallback response, the reason no one knew about it was because the media did not cover it.

The bold was her intent.

That there was no massacre planned or executed in Bowling Green was meaningless.
US Intelligence has determined two people in Bowling Green, Ky had attempted to send weapons and money to Al Qaeda, in Iraq. There was no plot to commit an act of terrorism on US soil.

Kellyanne blew it off saying she misspoke one word. You know, one of those silly brain farts we all have.

Yet, she "misspoke" at least twice before when referred to Bowling Green as a massacre. Misspoke, my patooty. She knows exactly what she's doing.

I could not agree more and I would contend theat CNN knows they are being used for a better image of Trump.

CNN should be taken over by Conservatives Owners like One American News. A class Outfit!

Corey Lewandowski Now a Political Commentator for One America ...

Corey Lewandowski Now a Political Commentator for One America News Network | Mediaiteone-amer...
  1. Cached

Jan 12, 2017 - “He's working for us like he worked for CNN,” Robert Herring, the CEO at One America News Network (who once offered the husband of Terri ...

Old 02-06-2017, 02:50 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Kellyanne sure liked CNN--as long as they were willing to put her in front of a camera and let her lie and lie and lie.

I hope other networks follow suit. Conway is a joke now. No credible news outlet should give her air time.
She's a sociopath and a liar just like the overgrown orange toddler she babysits for.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Conway's consist use of "alternative facts," such as the nonexistent and roundly ridiculed "Bowling Green Massacre," pushed CNN to pointedly turn down the White House's offer to have her appear on the network's Sunday shows, a decision which may become permanent. .
Are you talking about the network that helped Hillary Clinton cheat the debates?

/thread fail

Old 02-06-2017, 02:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Check out the ratings for CNN (#11). They are now below MSNBC and way below the top 3 Cable networks.

They can't afford to lose more viewers.

This week's cable ratings - Media Life Magazine
Who says they cannot afford it?

There's 3 corporate- owned cable news networks and 3 places in the cable new ratings. 2/3 are left leaning and 1 is right leaning. The degree of the lean varies by the news entertainer.

Ratings for prime time cable news ebbs and flows; day be day, week by week, month by month, year by year and have been doing so for a long , long time.

We are fortunate to have so many choices.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:03 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Cnn is spinning out of control and they are caught in reporting news or making up news tosupport the lefties Friends!

Old 02-06-2017, 03:09 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

The bold was her intent.

What is Kellyanne trying to do by repeatedly talking about this Green Bowling massacre that never was

Old 02-06-2017, 03:10 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Yes CNN's ratings are pretty low. We stopped watching CNN when they became more of an opinion based channel. That's also why I don't watch Fox, MSNBC and a few others.

It would be nice to just have the national news back again. Just news. Closest thing we've found to that is PBS Newshour.

Oh and Kellyanne Conway is a degenerate lying a$$hat. I think any news outlet trying to report 'facts' should shy away from her. I mean some flat out lying going on- it's truly unbelievable. Trust me.
NPR, PBS, and the BBC I've found are the best at just telling you what happened without too much political commentary on top of it.

But I think it's a good habit to sample news from many different places, and make up your mind based on all of that data. Look for commonalities in what they're reporting...things that are repeated continually in the reports is probably based on sound facts that have been verified more than once. Things that only come up in one report can be ignored (as possibly inaccurate or unverifiable).

All news has some bias - but that doesn't mean it's "fake".

Old 02-06-2017, 03:13 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
If CNN had a backbone or an ounce of journalistic integrity, it wouldn't matter if she lied until her pants were on fire if they would actually call out her lies. The ban is stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies