Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 04:32 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times

Advertisements

Time line is interesting ......

January 11, 2017 - President Elect Trump gives a Press Conference and Jim Acosta throws a temper tantrum, stands on a chair and yells at the Mr Trump that he must be given a question - Trump says NO, you are rude, sit down - you are FAKE NEWS. The Media goes bonkers.

White House ices out CNN
Trump administration refuses to put officials on air on the network the president called 'fake news.' |Politico 1/31/17

The White House has refused to send its spokespeople or surrogates onto CNN shows, effectively freezing out the network from on-air administration voices.

“We’re sending surrogates to places where we think it makes sense to promote our agenda,” said a White House official, acknowledging that CNN is not such a place, but adding that the ban is not permanent.

A CNN reporter, speaking on background, was more blunt: The White House is trying to punish the network and force down its ratings.

Administration officials are still answering questions from CNN reporters. But administration officials including White House press secretary Sean Spicer and senior counselor Kellyanne Conway haven't appeared on the network's programming in recent weeks.

(Update: On Wednesday, the day after this article was published, the White House made Dr. Sebastian Gorka, a Deputy Assistant to the President for national security available for an interview.)

On February 1, they send a minor Administration official - still no Trump Administration on Jake Tapper's Sunday show ..... oops, Time for another Tantrum.

News comes out on Monday, Feb 6 that they are thinking about "banning" Kelly Anne Conway because she is "incompetent" and that SHE called them and asked to be on the show and they turned her down.

Kelly Anne says they called her and she had to refuse because she had plans with her family. What makes the most sense here? TeamTrump has worked every single day since the Inauguration - including Saturdays and Sundays. That's 15 days with non-stop work, until they all took Saturday & Sunday off.
Sounds pretty reasonable that they would like to "spend time with family" - it's also been non-stop "Outrage" by the Media since long before the Inauguration.

Sounds like an excellent plan for the Trump Administration to give CNN what they are asking for. According to the WSJ - Trump wants Kelly Anne to focus on Communications. Makes her job easier if CNN is not interested in talking to her - you can bet they won't be talking to the others in the Administration also, she is in charge of that.

I think CNN will get what they ask for and they can't blame the Trump Administration anymore for "Freezing they Out".

Old 02-06-2017, 04:34 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
CNN reported that Trump had been briefed on the blackmail dossier.

Trump denied it.

Later, he admitted he had indeed been briefed. (Apparently, he forgot.)

Somewhere in there he started carrying on about CNN being "fake news," even accusing them of printing the blackmail dossier.

They did not. They only reported that he had been briefed.

Meanwhile the ex-KGB guy who many believe provided the information for the blackmail dossier turned up dead in back of his car.

Foul play is suspected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I have not heard this story...is that for real?
Yep. He was found on boxing day.

It's basically the same report repeated in different words, but I've been watching and it hasn't been denied anywhere.

Oleg Erovinkin former KGB chief found dead in back of car in Moscow | Metro News

Mystery death of ex-KGB chief linked to MI6 spy's dossier on Donald Trump

Russian spy linked to Donald Trump

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/272744...ad-car-moscow/

Old 02-06-2017, 04:39 PM

In similar "fake news" vein, Trump kept calling the intelligence reports about Russian connections to his campaign fake, demanding that the IC provide him with evidence.

They did. He admitted there might be something to it and immediately thereafter, three FSB cybersecurity experts were arrested for being American spies and passing info to our CIA.

One was hauled out of a meeting with FSB agents with a bag over his head.

Arrested Russian FSB Agents Allegedly Passed Information to CIA | Foreign Policy

Kellyanne is the distracting sideshow.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 02-06-2017 at 05:07 PM..

Old 02-06-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Time line is interesting ......

Fascinating as your lengthy timeline is, CNN seems to be doing fine without Kellyanne and the "alternative facts" crowd.

McConnell was on CNN this weekend, throwing some serious shade, making clear that there will be no federal money for Trump's voter fraud snipe hunt, and that he doesn't go along with badmouthing judges.

Things are heating up here, folks.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 02-06-2017 at 05:08 PM..

Old 02-06-2017, 05:07 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I have not heard this story...is that for real?
Yes. But Putin is a swell guy, a leader, and what? You think our country is so clean? --DJT

Old 02-06-2017, 05:19 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,267,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Conway's consist use of "alternative facts," such as the nonexistent and roundly ridiculed "Bowling Green Massacre," pushed CNN to pointedly turn down the White House's offer to have her appear on the network's Sunday shows, a decision which may become permanent.

CNN considers permanent ban for Kellyanne Conway over

I would love to see other networks start refusing to put this blatant liar on the air.
I have a permanent ban on CNN.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:20 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Maybe not, but if he only sends his surrogates to appear on Fox, his message will only get out to the true believers.

If Trump were to appear on CNN, then the 74 million people that didn't vote for him and some of the 92 million non-voters would hear his world view, although he may have to bring Pence along to filter out the absurdities.
LOL!

Are you kidding?

CNN's viewership these days in the few hundred thousand range. Total viewers is somewhere around a million on a god day. The vast majority of America doesn't watch it at all.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:28 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm.

I don't think that Trump cares at all about appearing on CNN.
The why was she offered up? If Tramp didn't care about CNN it wouldn't even be on his mind. Good try, but a fail.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:32 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Fascinating as your lengthy timeline is, CNN seems to be doing fine without Kellyanne and the "alternative facts" crowd.

McConnell was on CNN this weekend, throwing some serious shade, making clear that there will be no federal money for Trump's voter fraud snipe hunt, and that he doesn't go along with badmouthing judges.

Things are heating up here, folks.
You think that was "lengthy" ...... where is your Cave.?
My posts are always full of LINKS and usually a fair bit of commentary.

I don't watch all this TeeVee stuff .... I learned to read a long, long time ago and have no need for "experts" to "explain" to me what I should think is important.

I don't doubt that McConnell "was on CNN" and "throwing serious shade".
None of the Elite Political Establishment types are very fond of President Trump or the "Forgotten people" who came out of the woodwork to send him to the White House.

CNN will reap exactly what they Sow ..... funny how often that happens.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:40 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,696,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL!

Are you kidding?

CNN's viewership these days in the few hundred thousand range. Total viewers is somewhere around a million on a god day. The vast majority of America doesn't watch it at all.
Yes, but in our secret meetings where we pray to the devil and plan how to steal your guns, we talk about what is in the news and the word gets around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies