Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 10:14 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Yawn.... Learn to use a paragraphs or learn to be dismissed.... Not reading a wall of text/ignorance.
It wouldn't change your mind anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 10:19 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
For because he's not Hillary. I would have voted for Biden over Trump most likely. Sure I like Trump but come on, I would have voted for someone I could trust to do the job with integrity. Biden would have I believe.

Of the Democrats, probably Biden was the only one for me.

Of the Republicans, I thought for sure it was going to be Jeb Bush. To be honest, Jeb Bush vs Hillary I don't know what I would have done. Probably sat in a corner and screamed.
I get not liking Hillary, but Trump doesn't know what he's doing.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:22 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Nope. It's on whoever was duped to vote for Trump.....

We got more Billionaires than the Bush Jr admin and we know how that turned out.... Seems folks are dumb enough to believe billionaires care about the working class....or even the middle class....
He cares more about them than Hillary, that's for sure. And his policies may even work better for the working class. We know what Hillary's policies would have done because we've already been doing that for the last eight years. I'm willing to see what Trump can do. If he sucks ass, he'll be out of there in four years. And if he does anything impeachable, he'll get impeached. He won't have a cheerleading media to cover for him or a bunch of politicians so afraid to impeach like they were with the first black president. Obama knew there was no way they were going to do that. And despite what they said, Obama did not have a scandal free presidency.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:22 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I get not liking Hillary, but Trump doesn't know what he's doing.
Trump is a smart enough guy and can figure it out. The real problem is his temperament and his lack of self restraint and his ego.

Learning the in's and outs of DC isn't what worries me, it's his core personality and his core ego issues, things that aren't easily observed within one's self. Learning how to be a politician is the least of it for me.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:24 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It wouldn't change your mind anyway.
Certainly won't with poor formatting....

Old 02-07-2017, 10:27 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
They may be but at least the rest of them take the job seriously and bother to learn what it entails.

Really? Obama certainly didn't take it seriously as he thumbed his nose at our immigration laws.

Because he is a narcissist and loved the attention and adoration. If he received any criticism, he could have security toss them out or egg the crowd into doing so. I imagine it was heaven for him and hardly work.

So? He could call them out if he wanted. Where does it say that he can't do it? Did he do that at every rally? No, he didn't. Security would handle it. Hillary and Bubba shouted down critics when she was campaigning. Are you saying it was okay when they did it, but not when Trump did it?

Do you speak for all of the other Republicans who voted for Trump? Is it OK that his positions were very liberal positions before he decided to run?

Where did I say that I spoke for all republicans? I'm not registered as a republican nor do I belong to the RNC. As for his positions---there are plenty of RINOs out there and that appears to be okay for the republicans who vote for them.

Why? Because you said so?

Yup

This is what doesn't hold water! The notion that because I am anti-Trump, that means I am against fixing corruption. No. What I am against is a narcissist who will say whatever it takes to win and I have no illusions that he will be able to fix the issues he campaigned on and will likely set them back, if anything.
You keep harping on "narcissist". Why, when politicians for the most part are narcissists who will say whatever it takes to win. See the previous president for an example.

Well, that's your opinion. Go ahead and be a pessimist and be miserable for the next 4 (hopefully 8!) years ahead. No one is going to stop you.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He cares more about them than Hillary, that's for sure. And his policies may even work better for the working class. We know what Hillary's policies would have done because we've already been doing that for the last eight years. I'm willing to see what Trump can do. If he sucks ass, he'll be out of there in four years. And if he does anything impeachable, he'll get impeached. He won't have a cheerleading media to cover for him or a bunch of politicians so afraid to impeach like they were with the first black president. Obama knew there was no way they were going to do that. And despite what they said, Obama did not have a scandal free presidency.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. The man has never donated to charity with his money ever before.... puh-lease.....

We've had a stable economy since 2014, which is 6 years past the worst global financial crisis of modern times..... It's like it takes time to get the economy back on track after tens of trillions of PRIVATE assets were lost in 2007/2008.......

No you were duped.... the world has changed and your people got left behind because you can't compete. Did you know the US has it's own tariff system for the rest of the world? And own subsidies to industries....? You were duped that the US is losing to other countries because trade agreements.... You were lied to....

Old 02-07-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You keep harping on "narcissist". Why, when politicians for the most part are narcissists who will say whatever it takes to win. See the previous president for an example.

Well, that's your opinion. Go ahead and be a pessimist and be miserable for the next 4 (hopefully 8!) years ahead. No one is going to stop you.
Pretty sure Obama never got upset when his inauguration had less people.....

Old 02-07-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. The man has never donated to charity with his money ever before.... puh-lease.....

We've had a stable economy since 2014, which is 6 years past the worst global financial crisis of modern times..... It's like it takes time to get the economy back on track after tens of trillions of PRIVATE assets were lost in 2007/2008.......

No you were duped.... the world has changed and your people got left behind because you can't compete. Did you know the US has it's own tariff system for the rest of the world? And own subsidies to industries....? You were duped that the US is losing to other countries because trade agreements.... You were lied to....
These 5 Acts of Kindness Reveal There's More to Donald Trump Than Just His Celebrity Persona

Did you vote for the pathological liar named Hillary?

Old 02-07-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure Obama never got upset when his inauguration had less people.....
And your point is, what, exactly?

I don't care how many came to his inauguration. Nor do I care how many came to Trump's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies