Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 12:45 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times

Advertisements

An article from 2012: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ultural-splash

Quote:
Poles are the second biggest immigrant group in England and Wales after Indians. There are now more Poles than Pakistanis living here, the new 2011 census report reveals.

About 800,000 Poles have recently arrived in Britain, and the total Polish population in the UK is on the rise. With little prospect of work back home and a free NHS in the UK, more Polish women are choosing to stay here to have children. You can now hear Polish on the streets of nearly every British city.
Adjusted for population size, that would be the equivalent to 4,000,000 Polish immigrants being allowed into the U.S. with such immigrants also being provided with free health care and access to social services.

Polish newspaper produces 20-page guide to making the most of the UK's generous benefits system
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 04:02 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
An article from 2012: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ultural-splash

Adjusted for population size, that would be the equivalent to 4,000,000 Polish immigrants being allowed into the U.S. with such immigrants also being provided with free health care and access to social services.

Polish newspaper produces 20-page guide to making the most of the UK's generous benefits system
The Poles will assimilate though.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:08 PM

1,285 posts, read 592,198 times
Every international city worth it's salt has a Chinatown that's been there for a hundred years yet not one red blooded american idiot has anything to say about that.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:35 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
Every international city worth it's salt has a Chinatown that's been there for a hundred years yet not one red blooded american idiot has anything to say about that.
Those are tourist attractions. Most don't actually live in Chinatowns. Chinese people after a generation are Americanized. You sound like the idiot, bringing up such nonsense.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:40 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://youtu.be/eRxbD7UxMaY

Usually refugees and immigrants assimilate and are proud and happy to live in their new country.

That has been proven NOT to be the case with the overwhelming majority of Muslims in Europe as they have seen the change from the first immigrants who seemed to be happy to the 2nd generation that created extremists and are pushing their life style on the people who lived in the Country before these immigrants arrived.

There is no racism or anti religion but anti Sharia law that once the group is so large, will be forced upon others and due to freedom of speech that groups is openly preaching it!

You can say it isn't true but go to Europe and go into these neighborhood instead of going to the Big Ben or the Eiffel Tower!

See it with your own eyes! Not what the media wants you to see.

In the Netherlands you have Morocco aan de IJssel! A complete community and not a small community as over here some have two or three streets but a large community where the cops are too scared to go!
Spent much time in the Netherlands, have you?

Some of my best friends live there and they aren't remotely concerned about any of this crap.

I'm pretty sure you've never been outside the US to "live among the people as a regular citizen" so why are you acting like you have some sort of clue?

How many of your close friends live in other countries? I mean, people you talk to regularly? I count mine in the dozens and they think the US looks ridiculous right now.

Every person I am good friends with who lives in the UK voted NOT to separate from the EU.

I know one old dude who lives in England who voted in favor, but he's a paranoid racist.

You know, like a good chunk of the Trump fan base.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Those are tourist attractions. Most don't actually live in Chinatowns. Chinese people after a generation are Americanized. You sound like the idiot, bringing up such nonsense.
Why? There's a point to it. Many Muslims who are born here move out of ethnic enclaves, too.

Ever notice how people from India move into Indian neighborhoods when they first move here from India?

It's comfortable to them.

Their kids who are born here don't stay in those clusters most of the time. They move out and about, wherever their careers take them.

That is why these places exist. The Irish and the Italians did the same thing in NY when they first moved here years ago.

Eh. Normal. Not strange.

Muslims really freak people out. Maybe get to know some.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:27 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Middle Easterners can't even assimilate into other Middle Eastern countries after 5 generations.
"5 generations"? They have been at war with each other for 1400 years. If they cant get along with each other for 1400 years, how could they be expected to get along with anyone else?

Old 02-12-2017, 10:29 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why? There's a point to it. Many Muslims who are born here move out of ethnic enclaves, too.

Ever notice how people from India move into Indian neighborhoods when they first move here from India?

It's comfortable to them.

Their kids who are born here don't stay in those clusters most of the time. They move out and about, wherever their careers take them.

That is why these places exist. The Irish and the Italians did the same thing in NY when they first moved here years ago.

Eh. Normal. Not strange.

Muslims really freak people out. Maybe get to know some.
I knew one who said if he were the President he would kill all the Jews. Never met any Irish or Chinese who said anything like that.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:32 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
In addition, the Chinese in China town, didnt fly a plane into our buildings, or kill 50 gay people at a bar in Orlando, or at a party in San Bernadino, or at a military base. You can multiply that times a 1000 all over the world

Old 02-12-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
I knew one who said if he were the President he would kill all the Jews. Never met any Irish or Chinese who said anything like that.
And... based on this, you have concluded that all Muslims are horrible people?

He was clearly a fruitcake.

I think we've all "met" a white, German guy who said that, though. Does this mean all white, German guys are dangerous and we should ban them and their descendants from the country?

Nope.

Look, most Muslims (I have know/have known many of them) are just like every other law-abiding citizen you'll come across in the US. They love their families, they go to work every day, and they hope for a better future. They plan vacations. They have dinner with friends and family. They love one another.

I have been to some of the best barbecues ever with Muslim people cooking. And, as a southerner, that's saying something because we take that kind of cooking seriously.

Come on. Not all of an ethnic group is filled with terrible people.

Why on Earth do Muslims freak Christians out so much?

Ever notice that the majority of the fanatical people who freak one another out are from the "big three" religions?

Muslims, Jews, and Christians. All terrified of one another and trying to wipe one or more of the other groups off the face of the Earth.

The rest of us along with the more laid back members of those three aforementioned religions are all sitting around wonder what in the world is wrong with the zealots. And hoping they don't blow up the planet.

ETA: I have met more white, allegedly Christian people who've said they'd like to blow up all the Muslims than I have met Muslims who say they'd like to blow up all the white people. So, there's that. And I know a LOT of white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies