Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 11:58 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
The same polls that had a 27% gap a couple days ago. The same polls that had an almost guaranteed victory for Hillary Clinton a few months ago. Those polls?
Unless all polls are conducted by the same people (they aren't), you're basically saying nothing and being proud of it. Which is pathetic, to be honest.

Quote:
Trump having a 38% approval rating is about as believable as Obama leaving office with a 60% approval rating. All these polls show are the opinions of the people that were surveyed.
Very good. This is the function of a survey.

Quote:
In all reality, Trump's approval rating is probably about identical to what Obama's was..............somewhere around 45-50%. We live in an extremely divided country right now. No president is capable of maintaining or walking into the type of approval ratings that were possible even just 8 years ago, much less 20 years ago. The internet and an incredibly divisive media has changed everything.
I don't know, Obama, while many, myself included, didn't love every aspect of him, seemed to run the administration fairly effectively, at least towards the end of his time in office. Obama was, for me, average at best. His run in 2008 was great, and while I was too young to appreciate it at the time, was a truly inspiring an beautiful thing. His presidency objectively did not live up to that and he ended up being fairly typical, which I believe was due to his lack of governing experience. I think he actually believes in what he ran on in 2008, and at various points in the lat 8 years that seemed to show through, but overall, he did not have the knowledge needed to do what he wanted.

The thing is, Trump does not seem to have a grasp on things. Various talking heads in his administration regularly contradict each other and often times, seemed overwhelmed with what they're doing. And be honest, Trump was positively unhinged at this last press conference. I'm not just some trendy liberal who says the cool things; I saw it. Trump is obviously in over his head and I think a lot of people, including many who voted for him, are concerned. The exact number of his approval rating will vary from survey to survey, obviously, but one thing is true; Trump seems unhinged and people are taking notice. Not everyone hates him, but many are rightfully concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
As long as liberals keep whining like rabid dogs means Trump is doing a good job.
If this is your standard, I want you to never vote, never speak to a congressmen, and just generally not talk politics. This sort of thinking is why politics is in such poor health. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:06 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Try 55% - Rasmussen (trusted more than Gallup).
Thanks for the laugh!!!!

Rasmussen, the Republican pollsters , PREDICTED A ROMNEY VICTORY in 2012 !!!

Old 02-18-2017, 12:13 PM

1,087 posts, read 782,692 times
If something is "great", it is indisputable. On the other hand, if there is cheating, internet hacking involved, it will be a forever campaigning effort.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, puhlease!

If Obama wasn't impeached what makes you thing Trump should be? Trump hasn't done anything you can impeach him for. Obama did plenty!

You cannot impeach a President simply on the basis you don't like his policies. Trump is acting within the law and the Constitution, which is more than could be said about Barack Obama, who is now actively engaged in sedition.

Obama is clearly a traitor. Trump is clearly a patriot.
I'd ask why you think Obama is clearly a traitor, but I'm not optimistic I'll get an answer. But either way, question is open.

There is a very real possibility that Trump was aware of foreign policy discussions happened between Gen. Flynn and Vladimir Putin. While this cannot be absolutely confirmed until there is an investigation (because Speaker Ryan does not think there's enough information, which is why there should be an investigation, but he won't impeach a republican because partisan politics is how stupid people do politics... note; in a discussion on Trump, you immediately jump to Obama...), the fact that the Trump administration has given 3 different explanations is cause for concern. That's an impeachable offense.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The only people who put any faith in polls are those who like what they say.

Tell me OP, why is your poll any more valid than the Rassmussan poll that puts his approval at 55%?

Better yet, maybe you can explain why there is such a difference, if polls are such a trustworthy metric?

The sooner you accept the fact that Trump will be your president for at least the next 4 years, the easier life will get for you... IT'S HAPPENING. You can kick and scream the whole way if you want, but it isn't going to change a thing. Get used to it.
I don't understand why so many keep saying "he is the president no matter what" as if that has some relevance. Why don't you just say "the sky is blue." It's so obvious that saying it is a waste of everyone's time.

By the way, that last sentence in your final "argument" seems to be advocating for submission to authority. Do you know why I don't respect advocates of such logic? Because they bring about the Hitlers of the world (yes, I went right to the most extreme but anyone who advocates not questioning their leader is dangerous, and quite possibly evil, particularly if the leader himself is saying not to ask questions).

As for polls, again, they're just polls. It's a survey. It's not an absolute truth. All surveys have a margin of error. If you want to compare Gallup to Rassmussan, simply compare how their survey was conducted. It's not rocket science. It's actually social science, which by comparison is much more accessible.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:47 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,214,232 times
From an electoral perspective, Trump's approval rating with the general adult population is irrelevant. What matters is his approval among citizens who are likely to vote in the midterms and next presidential election, and that is likely to be considerably higher. He's demonstrated very little interest in representing or interacting with Americans beyond the ~ 63 million who voted for him last year, and he'll probably get away with it as well, since his support is distributed broadly over most of the nation rather than concentrated in a few large urban centers like the opposition. Virtually all Republicans are pleased with the platforms he is implementing or is planning to roll out in the near future, and his attacks on the media and entrenched Washington interests resonate strongly with the base of the party.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:48 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post

There is a very real possibility that Trump was aware of foreign policy discussions happened between Gen. Flynn and Vladimir Putin. While this cannot be absolutely confirmed until there is an investigation (because Speaker Ryan does not think there's enough information, which is why there should be an investigation, but he won't impeach a republican because partisan politics is how stupid people do politics... note; in a discussion on Trump, you immediately jump to Obama...), the fact that the Trump administration has given 3 different explanations is cause for concern. That's an impeachable offense.
Yes, I agree it's an impeachable offense.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:49 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Talking *

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease
Trump supporters are free thinkers - the opposite of Hillbots. They question everything instead of believing everything their leaders tell them. It's one reason Trump received the mandate he did and why the press, govt., and establishment are freaking out.
Oh my lord..... This is the most unreal reply yet!!

Old 02-18-2017, 06:52 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Here's a very interesting graphic on recent presidential administrations.

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscm...-2880-1000.png

Enjoy!

\Did you not get the memo? Negative polls are"fake news"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies