Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 02:46 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
When the MSM and infotainment corporations are getting on board, you know that it is becoming profitable for them to finally report the truth.
I agree , there might be a lot of mileage for Fox shifting to Pence. FOX can see Trump imploding and they may not want to be the last station in the world defending him. Hence they need to get some people saying negative things about trump so that they can use those quotes to PROVE they said it too... even if just one out of a 1000....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 02:55 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
It is no secret that I dislike everything about Donald Trump...........well, at least ALMOST everything. The one thing I have to thank him for is for waking up Americans and energizing them to take our Democracy seriously.

I am one of the people who let America down. I have been, for the most part, pretty apolitical, never giving it much thought about the ramifications of voting the wrong way. I voted, but that was about my total involvement with the process.......I didn't study the candidates closely, or anything like that. The fact that we allowed a known cheater, liar, insecure, immature, unqualified man, like Donald Trump, to con his way into the WH woke me up to how easily we could lose the America we have all come to love.

What I am seeing, in these protests, is absolutely elevating. I see young, old, black, white, Muslims, Asians, and everyone else, standing shoulder to shoulder, fighting to keep our country a Democracy. Up until now, a lot of these people probably never even voted, but now they see how things can go from good to bad overnight, if you are not engaged. We have put aside our personal differences, and have a common demon to purge from our midst. This is a movement the likes of which I have never seen.

So, thank you Donald Trump.......you HAVE made great strides in Making America Great Again. Maybe not the way you envisioned it, but in a very good way.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:10 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It is no secret that I dislike everything about Donald Trump...........well, at least ALMOST everything. The one thing I have to thank him for is for waking up Americans and energizing them to take our Democracy seriously.

I am one of the people who let America down. I have been, for the most part, pretty apolitical, never giving it much thought about the ramifications of voting the wrong way. I voted, but that was about my total involvement with the process.......I didn't study the candidates closely, or anything like that. The fact that we allowed a known cheater, liar, insecure, immature, unqualified man, like Donald Trump, to con his way into the WH woke me up to how easily we could lose the America we have all come to love.

What I am seeing, in these protests, is absolutely elevating. I see young, old, black, white, Muslims, Asians, and everyone else, standing shoulder to shoulder, fighting to keep our country a Democracy. Up until now, a lot of these people probably never even voted, but now they see how things can go from good to bad overnight, if you are not engaged. We have put aside our personal differences, and have a common demon to purge from our midst. This is a movement the likes of which I have never seen.

So, thank you Donald Trump.......you HAVE made great strides in Making America Great Again. Maybe not the way you envisioned it, but in a very good way.
You have been, I'm guessing, pretty apolitical because you had faith in our democracy. That doesn't make you a bad person, or even an irresponsible person. The fact that you rise to the occasion when it becomes abundantly clear that your nation needs you makes you, in fact, a very good person.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:14 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Trump’s lies are different. They are direct refutations of reality — and their propagation and repetition is about enforcing his power rather than wriggling out of a political conundrum. They are attacks on the very possibility of a reasoned discourse, the kind of bald-faced lies that authoritarians issue as a way to test loyalty and force their subjects into submission.
Exactly. He wants it to be the DPRT. A scary precedent is being set, and his supporters lap it up.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:52 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Right on target. Seriously, people, those who find themselves repeatedly having to find excuses for every demonstrably looney thing Trump does or says, have a little soul-searching to do. I know it's fun to throw caution to the wind and get swept up in the gleefully destructive chaos of a mob mentality. But . . . seriously.

Andrew Sullivan: The Madness of King Donald

Trump's visit to the UK it's going to happen in August when rather conveniently Parliament is in recess (holidays), and he will be spending as little time as possible in London due to protestors, any banqet will be at Windsor Castle in Berkshire (Buckingham Palace is being refurbished - at least that's the official line) and Trump may then travel up to Balmoral Castle (the Royal Residence in rural Scotland), other possibilities include Chequers. (the Prime Ministers Official Country House in rural Buckinghamshire, which is not too far from Windsor).

British officials drop plans for Donald Trump to address parliament - The Guardian

Government 'abandons plans for Donald Trump to address Parliament during state visit' | The Independent

British government cancels plan for Trump to address Parliament | New York Post

I did laugh at this headline and article in the Guardian the other day -

Donald Trump: a man so obnoxious that karma may see him reincarnated as himself | Frankie Boyle

Last edited by Brave New World; 02-11-2017 at 03:20 AM..

Old 02-11-2017, 03:07 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Lefty "feel good" thread. ... it's healthy for you folks to vent. Have at it. Lol
So, again: what part of the article in the link did you disagree with?

Old 02-11-2017, 03:12 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
So some gay conservative journalist doesn't like Trump. Who cares?

And plenty of people on Fox haven't liked him -- George Will, Charles Krauthammer, "Kennedy", John Stossel, Megyn Kelly, Rich Lowry, the guy from the American Enterprise Institute, the guy from the Weekly Standard, Dana Loesch, etc.

The conservative National Review doesn't like him.

Plenty of Republicans in Congress don't like him -- Paul Ryan, Lindsey Graham, John McCain....Nothing new there.

The fact is, he's president.

He is making this country great again.

His opponents don't like that.

And that's good.

If they did like it, then America would not become great again after all.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:12 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
He was right, he could shoot someone and retain support. That should be all we need to know about his supporters. They see worldwide protests and blame the protestors, not the source of the protest. It never occurred to them that a candidate whose entire platform was based on pissing people off would create a backlash.

And when all this madness finally ends years from now like every President his supporter will continue to claim he was a great President while those opposed will be convinced he was the worst President ever.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:29 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The media gave this birther con man billions of dollars of free publicity and air time ad nauseam and I think that they need to make up for that HUGE mistake by proving that facts matter and hold this grifter's feet to the fire.
I do want to remind everyone here, that politics is not about "right" and "wrong". We don't elect a politician to be our friend. We elect a politician to get things done.

Politicians are mere tools. We don't ask if a shovel is a good person. We ask whether a shovel will get the job done.

The supporters of Donald Trump, and likewise the supporters of every other president, will always overlook any unethical, or even tyrannical act, as long as they believe it is serving their interests.

This article may give Trump's critics a good laugh, but it will have zero effect on his supporters.

If these leftists really wanted to turn Trump's supporters against him, they aren't going to do it by calling their shovel "crazy". They need to undermine the faith of Trump supporters, that he will do what he said he would do.

Only once they realize the shovel won't work, will they either become apathetic, or they will begin looking for a new tool.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:33 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Now THAT is the truth. The media is fully responsible for granting Trump respectability when he deserved none; for placidly standing by and refusing to challenge him in the early days of the campaign because they did not want to ruffle feathers - essentially they abdicated their responsibilities as journalists. He pretty much got a free pass on the stuff that really mattered.
Trump got no free pass on anything as he had to battle the media along with the Republican establishment, the Democrat establishment, Crooked Hillary, and just about everyone else as well --- except middle class American who put him into office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies