Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 11:49 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
It's clear that you just make up unsubstantiated crap talk all the time.
Those observations have absolutely nothing to do with what is occurring on this planet.

Your posts drip with scientific ignorance. No surprise since the US is packed full of scientifically illiterate folks.
You can't refute anything I said it is politically and economically motivated . Try and say it isn't. I dare you.

I wager I know just as much about it as you I've read all of the literature and studies on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 11:54 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
You can't refute anything I said it is politically motivated. Try and say it isn't. I dare you.
The burden of proof is on you to show that the scientific consensus on AGW is some kind of politically-motivated conspiracy.

Some climate scientists are openly advocating next-generation nuclear power as an economical alternative to coal. If AGW is some kind of Green Conspiracy, it's not working very well for them, since the Greens are mostly anti-nuclear.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The burden of proof is on you to show that the scientific consensus on AGW is some kind of politically-motivated conspiracy.

Some climate scientists are openly advocating next-generation nuclear power as an economical alternative to coal. If AGW is some kind of Green Conspiracy, it's not working very well for them, since the Greens are mostly anti-nuclear.
None of that has anything to do with climate change and how much the human race is influencing it. Are you trying to prove my point?? They're against it because it's all politically and economically motivated.

If they really wanted to help the world they would have had pushed for fuel cell cars based on hydrogen such as the Honda Clarity to be mainstream 20 years ago. What were they doing?

Old 02-12-2017, 12:12 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,461 times
What they didn't say is that it's mostly China and India

Old 02-12-2017, 12:26 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
It's clear that you just make up unsubstantiated crap talk all the time.
Those observations have absolutely nothing to do with what is occurring on this planet.

Your posts drip with scientific ignorance. No surprise since the US is packed full of scientifically illiterate folks.
Yes, it is true, there ARE a lot of "scientifically illiterate" people in this country. Some of them claim to be "environmentalists".
Like the ones who stopped logging and thinning of forests so that the forests became full of beetle-killed dead trees, so wildfires could become nearly unstoppable. WOW, that did wonders for the environment, didn't it! The fires became so hot that the forest floor "duff" was burned away clear down to the dirt, practically guaranteeing that regrowth would take much longer than normal, if ever. with nothing to hold it, the dirt often washed down the mountainside, leaving nothing but rock behind.
"environmentalist" rriigghhtttt....
I can't help but think of the anti-hunting group in (IIRC) New Jersey some years ago. When they were told that if hunting was eliminated, there would be starved, diseased animals (mostly deer) all over the state, their response was "Well, then, we can hire Government Hunters to thin the herds!" In other words, they were NOT against hunting, they were against their neighbors having the right to hunt!
Or the "environmentalist" holding the sign at one of the recent protests. The sign said "Who needs oil? I rode the bus to get here!" Of course, he conveniently forgot exactly what powered that bus!

Old 02-12-2017, 12:29 PM

Isn't the west coast in a drought? Last time I saw Lake Mead it wasn't looking too good and you guys have a huge wildfire problem w/ god knows how many thousands of acres of trees destroyed.

I think the environmental engineers better get to work on some real problems they have.

It's going to be like Mad Max out there soon but instead of trading and killing for gasoline people are going to be trading and killing for bottles of water lol.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:51 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,071,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Really what the whole climate denial movement is about is buying time for oil companies. They have a lot of assets in the ground. It's a race to pump and sell as much oil as they can until the world decides their product is unwanted. Oil will be the new tobacco, mostly shunned in polite company.
Not only climate deniers, but governments who fully support carbon pricing, like Canada. And it'll be a few more decades before everyone realizes how much damage we have been causing. By that time, the arctic permafrost will be in full meltdown mode, releasing billions of tons of co2 and methane into the carbon cycle. Of course the hillbillies don't have a clue what that is all about. When coastal cities become inundated with sea water like Miami is starting to see now, that's when we'll see people take action.

Old 02-12-2017, 01:01 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
You can't refute anything I said it is politically and economically motivated. Try and say it isn't. I dare you.
Dare all you want.

You made the claim...It's up to you to substantiate your claims. However since you display full blown intellectual laziness...it's clear you expect others to do your work for you.
Quote:
I wager I know just as much about it as you I've read all of the literature and studies on it.
Just more of your ignorant unsubstantiated claims.

Old 02-12-2017, 01:04 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
It's hard to take science serious that is politically motivated and inspired by an agenda. That's the problem with the whole climate change thing.
This really isn't true. One in corner you have scientists, who just do science -- gather facts, test them against hypotheses, all done in a rigorous manner. In another corner are Greens, environmentalists and other political groups who argue their case against fossil fuels. It isn't entirely fair or logical to blur the distinction between the two.

Old 02-12-2017, 01:07 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Scientists studying prehistoric climate change show that natural forces caused the climate to shift very slowly. When humans started burning fossil fuels 100 years ago and at ever-increasing rates today, the rate of climate change is now 170 times faster than before.

The objective and scientific case for human-caused climate change continues to become more and more rock solid.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...natural-forces

Excellent chart

https://www.texasobserver.org/wp-con...V3-759x575.png
Good thing we now have the internet allowing SJWs to fix the environment via posts about how outraged they are. As they stand in line buying the newest iPhone, they can vent online about evil corporations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies