Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 08:50 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times

Advertisements

I remember we had over 90 deaths in my area in one weekend from narcotics overdoses.

FWIW, I agree with the OP that they need to focus on the users. In Ohio they area actually prosecuting drug dealers for homicide when these kids kill themselves with drugs. I personally think that is ridiculous considering the dealers are not forcing these people to use drugs.

Old 02-13-2017, 09:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Yep than you get those they will cry.. they didnt get the help they need speech..

I say let karma deal with them..

Mean while in a small town with only one ambulance.. Child is being born having complications, and you got a drug overdose.. Who do you pick up?
Unfortunately, they reproduce.

Recently a five month old baby died of starvation in her crib with her dead, overdosed parents in the house.

Numerous stories have been seen where children are rescued from cars where their parents have overdosed on the front seats.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:51 AM

1,478 posts, read 789,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I remember we had over 90 deaths in my area in one weekend from narcotics overdoses.

FWIW, I agree with the OP that they need to focus on the users. In Ohio they area actually prosecuting drug dealers for homicide when these kids kill themselves with drugs. I personally think that is ridiculous considering the dealers are not forcing these people to use drugs.
How do the police not go after drug dealers? Ignore Federal laws or city laws? If a drug dealer with a felony is carrying a firearm (illegal in most if not all states, per individual state laws) should the police not focus on them but rather sone unarmed heroin addict that is not at the moment violating anyone's person rights? Or do you mean like my suggestion about bringing down the homicides in Chicago, that as mayor I would provide these gangs and their dealers the option to grow wealthy and become more organized like organized crime, dramatically decrease the violence and I would tell my police to leave them alone (to ignore Federal laws etc.)?

Or do you police should just leave violent drug dealers in cities like Chicago alone period. And just go Gestapo on drug addicts?

I've stated in the past Black-American women, even if in law school, date drug dealers. I've also stated that Black Lives Matter are primarily concerned with thugs, that had Michael Brown been a crackhead that was not bothering anyone, never attacked any cop, did not steal from a store but was simply walking back to some apartment to get high and a cop put a gun to his head no blew his brains out not a Black-American, not a single one of their Democrats would have raised a voice let alone protest and riot.

My commentary is in the realism, raw, truth style of former US Marine and famed author JD Vance. I'm just now reading his book. But to be honest, realism and truth, at a gritty level are more frequently found cultural traits in the US Marine Corps culture than it is in the culture of the US Army, at least from what I have seen. Like, for example, when I say, "I did not fight for America but for the United States Marine Corps," non-Marines always find that shocking. They are used to the Army tale of, "For love of my country I joined the Army. I never had a drink until I turned 21 and the first time I cursed was when my grandpa died on my 18th birthday. I always hold the door open for women. In America everyone rises and does better each generation as long as they have a good work ethic. God bless America."

I don't tell stories like that. I tell the story of the only America I know. The one of the black transexual prostitute mentally tougher than any Navy SEAL or Obama and that lying c--t Hillary Clinton. I tell the story of a failed War on Drugs. The America I know is not all rainbows and cotton candy and there isn't always a happy f---ing ending.

But while I am happy to see the success of JD Vance, especially for what may go down as a literary classic, are race and ethnic cultures in the USA results in him and I receiving vastly different reactions when we publicly proclaim a similar historical and sociological story about the Southern people that came to work blue collar middle-class jobs in the Midwest. His story appears to be set in Ohio but my own story took place in Milwaukee. His was from poor whites that came out of Kentucky. Mine is about poor blacks that came out of Mississippi. His is about how abuse, addictions, and their middle-class whites in industrial Ohio could never fully shake those histories and problems from out of the hills of Kentucky. Mine was about how after running long not even the industrial working middle-class blacks of Milwaukee ever fully escaped the traumas of the Deep South nor the ghettos of Milwaukee (Chicago, Detroit, other Midwest manufacturing towns).

Where he gets celebrated I get attacked. Because Black-America and its liberal whites like the stories of the failed, no good black men that have not earned college degrees, the innocent hard working black woman, and the American Dream that produced the Bill Cosby television family where Cosby was a medical doctor with outstanding morals. (But in real life was Cosby, he's accused of dropping drugs in the drinks of women to rape them.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Aj7UUK-Vkc
Hillary Clinton Voters on J D Vance's Book 'HILLBILLY ELEGY' @JDVance1

ABN - Network 1,063 views

From the inside jacket of Hillbilly Elegy:

Quote:
Hillbilly Elegy is a passionate and personal analysis of a culture in crisis--that of poor, white Americans.
Quote:
But as the family saga of Hillbilly Elegy plays out, we learn that J.D.'s grandparents, aunt, uncle, sister, and most of all, his mother struggled profoundly with the demands of their new middle-class life, never fully escaping the legacy of abuse, alcoholism, poverty, and trauma so characteristic of their part of America.
Pages 2 - 3.

Quote:
There is an ethnic component lurking in the background of my family story... I may be white, but I do not identify with the WASPs of the Northeast. Instead, I identify with the millions of working-class white Americans of Scots-Irish descent who have no college degree. To these folks, poverty is the family tradition--their ancestors were laborer in the Southern slaver economy, share cropper after that, coal miners after that, and machinists and mill workers during more recent times.
Page 4.

Quote:
My family from, from the hills of eastern Kentucky, describe themselves as hillbillies... It was Greater Appalachia's political reorientation from Democrat to Republican that redefined American politics after Nixon. And it is Greater Appalachia where the fortunes of working-class whites seem dimmest. From low social mobility to poverty to divorce and drug addiction, my home is a hub of misery.

From Pages 1 - 2.

Quote:
You see, I grew up poor, in the Rust Belt, in an Ohio steel town that has been hemmorrhaging jobs and hope for as long as I can remember. I have, to put it mildly, a complex relationship with my parents, one of whom has struggled with addiction for nearly my entire life. My grandparents, neither of whom graduated from high school, raised me, and few members of even my extended family attended college. The statistics tell you that kids like me face a grim future--that if they're lucky, they'll manage to avoid welfare; and if they're unlucky, they'll die of heroin overdose, as happened to dozens in my small home town just last year.
Quote:
That is the real story of my life, and that is why I wrote this book. I want people to know what it feels like to nearly give up on yourself and why you might do it.
Quote:
And I want people to understand something I learned only recently: that for those of us lucky enough to live the American Dream, the demons of the life we left behind continue to chase us.

So, Black-American Democrats of the Hillary kind can bemoan how unfair it is you have whites circling around to figure out how to gather up young, white, heroin addicts. That it was not done in the late 1980s and early to mid '90s for black crack addicts. But really it is your own community, ethnic fault. Like the repeated, just repeated a trillion times over, of your black ancestors reaching into West Africa you all sell out or throw your own under the bus. Every damn time.

If Arab-Americans, Mexican-Americans, Asian-Americans, or now white Americans may circle back, and try to rescue their fallen. They may try to prevent falls in the first place. What will Black-Americans do? Answer: worry pulling their hair out about Ukranians and Mexican immigration and care not one single damn about the future of their own black children and if jobs will be there for them. They give not a lick about that.

And you can't tolerate mayhem in cities like Chicago in black communities. You can't tolerate stronger predators preying on weaker populations. You can't do that an expect all to turn out well with a cotton candy, rainbow ending.

I've only just begun JD Vance's book but so far I like what I have read. It provides a truthful, realistic picture of a portion of white America. And I am sure I will learn somethings I did not know. I already have. I had no idea so many white factory workers in Ohio had family come out of rural Appalachia and Kentucky with similar (not 100% the same) stories to the black Southern folks who headed to cities like Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, and Milwaukee.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:33 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
Heroin has become an epidemic in low income White areas. I spend about half my childhood below the poverty line and went through many terrible things (both parents were dead by the time I was 11) and I never did illegal drugs. I don't know causes someone to stick a syringe filled with poison into their vein.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:37 PM

45,434 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Heroin has become an epidemic in low income White areas. I spend about half my childhood below the poverty line and went through many terrible things (both parents were dead by the time I was 11) and I never did illegal drugs. I don't know causes someone to stick a syringe filled with poison into their vein.
It's not so much needles now, although there is that, but pills and snorting.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:54 PM

1,230 posts, read 995,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Hell, we had 130 overdoses last month in our town of 60,000. My hospital's ED ran out of Narcan at one point. I hate to say it, but when we have people getting Narcaned out of an OD, only to OD again a few hours later, I sometimes wonder if that's a bad thing.

Overdose epidemic straining Springfield first responders
What is happening is people buying pain meds from black market than pain meds than from the pharmacy. And some of pain meds are being put in heroin.

The Fentanyl epdemic is really out of control now.

It the government and DEA to blame. They where giving out Oxycontin like candy and some people breaking into pharmacy or robbery of pharmacy and theft. And doctor humping and ER vista so on. Yes there was lot of people addicted but there was not this overdose problem like now like with Fentanyl.

Now they are making it harder to get pain meds and people are turning to the black market. And when people make synthetic drugs with no quality control than overdose is going to go up sky high.

There was drug in Russia that was synthetic that was more powerful than heroin but was nasty.

Most of these synthetic drugs well give high but are nasty and no quality control and overdose is extremely high.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
There really big scary thing is some these pain meds are making its way into Heroin.

With no quality control this is very dangerous.

If you get drug say from drug dealer called Billy Bobee say three pack and Billy Bobee gets his drug from drug supply well there no quality control that three pack you getting is not more potent drug.

You also don't know what they are putting in the drug and how potent it is.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Why would they they make more money putting drug users in Jail than dealing with the problem.

It is big money thing the prison complex.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:46 PM

451 posts, read 236,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm with you. I don't get this mentality at all when it comes to other human beings, but then, compassion isn't in for fellow Americans these days.

Ohhhh Puleeeze!!! Where is the individual responsibility? What about the "compassion" of the scumbag, loser drug addict /alcoholic on his family and the crap and stress he/she is putting them through?

No one "forced" any addict to inject themselves with heroin or drink themselves into oblivion. And then these scumbags get behind the wheel of a car and kill an innocent person. " Ohh but it's not my fault cuz I'm an addict!" There should be a special place in hell for people that drive under the influence and kill innocent people. Enough.

If you are an addict....you know you are. HAve a spine and get help. If you can't do that then commit suicide cuz you contribute absolutely nothing to society and at least your family will no longer have to deal with your BS.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:04 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What's the point of this thread?

It's obvious, hope and change never reached Louisville, KY after 8 years of laser focus by the prez and his open border policy which invited competition in from across the border to compete with prescription drugs.

Between the drug gang territorial disputes, ODs and social justice hypersensitivity which seems to partner with Darwin as it ties the law in knots and allows the carnage to continue we have a ring side seat to evolution in action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies