Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 03:27 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
It's obvious, hope and change never reached Louisville, KY after 8 years of laser focus by the prez and his open border policy which invited competition in from across the border to compete with prescription drugs.

Between the drug gang territorial disputes, ODs and social justice hypersensitivity which seems to partner with Darwin as it ties the law in knots and allows the carnage to continue we have a ring side seat to evolution in action.
Obama, immigration, SJW's, evolution, gang wars...all in like 2 sentences.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:32 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
How do the police not go after drug dealers? Ignore Federal laws or city laws? If a drug dealer with a felony is carrying a firearm (illegal in most if not all states, per individual state laws) should the police not focus on them but rather sone unarmed heroin addict that is not at the moment violating anyone's person rights? Or do you mean like my suggestion about bringing down the homicides in Chicago, that as mayor I would provide these gangs and their dealers the option to grow wealthy and become more organized like organized crime, dramatically decrease the violence and I would tell my police to leave them alone (to ignore Federal laws etc.)?

Or do you police should just leave violent drug dealers in cities like Chicago alone period. And just go Gestapo on drug addicts?

I've stated in the past Black-American women, even if in law school, date drug dealers. I've also stated that Black Lives Matter are primarily concerned with thugs, that had Michael Brown been a crackhead that was not bothering anyone, never attacked any cop, did not steal from a store but was simply walking back to some apartment to get high and a cop put a gun to his head no blew his brains out not a Black-American, not a single one of their Democrats would have raised a voice let alone protest and riot.

My commentary is in the realism, raw, truth style of former US Marine and famed author JD Vance. I'm just now reading his book. But to be honest, realism and truth, at a gritty level are more frequently found cultural traits in the US Marine Corps culture than it is in the culture of the US Army, at least from what I have seen. Like, for example, when I say, "I did not fight for America but for the United States Marine Corps," non-Marines always find that shocking. They are used to the Army tale of, "For love of my country I joined the Army. I never had a drink until I turned 21 and the first time I cursed was when my grandpa died on my 18th birthday. I always hold the door open for women. In America everyone rises and does better each generation as long as they have a good work ethic. God bless America."

I don't tell stories like that. I tell the story of the only America I know. The one of the black transexual prostitute mentally tougher than any Navy SEAL or Obama and that lying c--t Hillary Clinton. I tell the story of a failed War on Drugs. The America I know is not all rainbows and cotton candy and there isn't always a happy f---ing ending.

But while I am happy to see the success of JD Vance, especially for what may go down as a literary classic, are race and ethnic cultures in the USA results in him and I receiving vastly different reactions when we publicly proclaim a similar historical and sociological story about the Southern people that came to work blue collar middle-class jobs in the Midwest. His story appears to be set in Ohio but my own story took place in Milwaukee. His was from poor whites that came out of Kentucky. Mine is about poor blacks that came out of Mississippi. His is about how abuse, addictions, and their middle-class whites in industrial Ohio could never fully shake those histories and problems from out of the hills of Kentucky. Mine was about how after running long not even the industrial working middle-class blacks of Milwaukee ever fully escaped the traumas of the Deep South nor the ghettos of Milwaukee (Chicago, Detroit, other Midwest manufacturing towns).

Where he gets celebrated I get attacked. Because Black-America and its liberal whites like the stories of the failed, no good black men that have not earned college degrees, the innocent hard working black woman, and the American Dream that produced the Bill Cosby television family where Cosby was a medical doctor with outstanding morals. (But in real life was Cosby, he's accused of dropping drugs in the drinks of women to rape them.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Aj7UUK-Vkc
Hillary Clinton Voters on J D Vance's Book 'HILLBILLY ELEGY' @JDVance1

ABN - Network 1,063 views

From the inside jacket of Hillbilly Elegy:

Pages 2 - 3.

Page 4.

From Pages 1 - 2.

So, Black-American Democrats of the Hillary kind can bemoan how unfair it is you have whites circling around to figure out how to gather up young, white, heroin addicts. That it was not done in the late 1980s and early to mid '90s for black crack addicts. But really it is your own community, ethnic fault. Like the repeated, just repeated a trillion times over, of your black ancestors reaching into West Africa you all sell out or throw your own under the bus. Every damn time.

If Arab-Americans, Mexican-Americans, Asian-Americans, or now white Americans may circle back, and try to rescue their fallen. They may try to prevent falls in the first place. What will Black-Americans do? Answer: worry pulling their hair out about Ukranians and Mexican immigration and care not one single damn about the future of their own black children and if jobs will be there for them. They give not a lick about that.

And you can't tolerate mayhem in cities like Chicago in black communities. You can't tolerate stronger predators preying on weaker populations. You can't do that an expect all to turn out well with a cotton candy, rainbow ending.

I've only just begun JD Vance's book but so far I like what I have read. It provides a truthful, realistic picture of a portion of white America. And I am sure I will learn somethings I did not know. I already have. I had no idea so many white factory workers in Ohio had family come out of rural Appalachia and Kentucky with similar (not 100% the same) stories to the black Southern folks who headed to cities like Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, and Milwaukee.
I didn't say anything about ignoring the drug dealers....

I said they need to focus more on the users. Right now, where I live, they are not focusing much at all on the users except feeling sorry for them and boo-hooing them and making them seem like victims.

Instead of locking up the users or realizing the fact that an addict who doesn't change their ways will eventually kill themselves due to their habit - in Ohio they are making drug dealers go to prison for life for homicide because some middle class to wealthy kid wanted to get high and chose to buy drugs and kill themselves with them. IMO drug dealers should go to prison for dealing drugs, not for murder/homicide.

Last edited by residinghere2007; 02-13-2017 at 03:52 PM..

Old 02-13-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
Why would they they make more money putting drug users in Jail than dealing with the problem.

It is big money thing the prison complex.
If they put the users in jail they'd have more slaves for the prison industrial complex. They would be able to build more prisons and they would "create jobs" at prisons for people who aren't criminals. Of course they would make more money putting them in prison.

Also, the addicts would have more of an incentive to stay clean when they get out. Addiction has had a mark on my own family during the crack epidemic. I remember the raids on the black and brown folks when I was a kid. All the drug addicts were jailed multiple times and many were sent to prison for having a small amount of drugs on them, not enough to sell. My own dad did a year in prison for this when he was a crackhead. It helped him get clean and eventually get off of drugs. It can do the same thing for these new addicts.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:50 PM

19,635 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post

I've only just begun JD Vance's book but so far I like what I have read. It provides a truthful, realistic picture of a portion of white America. And I am sure I will learn somethings I did not know. I already have. I had no idea so many white factory workers in Ohio had family come out of rural Appalachia and Kentucky with similar (not 100% the same) stories to the black Southern folks who headed to cities like Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, and Milwaukee.

I have not read this but the opiate epidemic is very widespread. I hesitate to relate it to a southern culture since it is such a major problem nationally. There is a also a history of New England immigrant mill workers, northwestern logging communities, etc, which have been devastated and generations impoverished. Yes there are ingrained generational issues and no you cant just say move and get educated and voila. I know of people who were shamed into not going to college as if it was a betrayal of tradition and family. Lectures and shaming from people who don't get it will not help this situation.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:54 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
If they put the users in jail they'd have more slaves for the prison industrial complex. They would be able to build more prisons and they would "create jobs" at prisons for people who aren't criminals. Of course they would make more money putting them in prison.

Also, the addicts would have more of an incentive to stay clean when they get out. Addiction has had a mark on my own family during the crack epidemic. I remember the raids on the black and brown folks when I was a kid. All the drug addicts were jailed multiple times and many were sent to prison for having a small amount of drugs on them, not enough to sell. My own dad did a year in prison for this when he was a crackhead. It helped him get clean and eventually get off of drugs. It can do the same thing for these new addicts.
Except your dad is a rare exception-for most, jail is a horrible "substitute" for rehab and therapy. Most do not stay clean when released-and have even more problems and obstacles. Besides, drugs are just as easily obtained in prison-and there is more incentive for escapism through drugs.

What needs to happen is everyone standing up and not allowing our Government and Big Corporations to profit massively from drug addiction and use this faux war against drugs as a moral guise to grow their power at home and achieve ulterior geopolitical goals abroad-very similar to the War on "Terror".

Most ODs today are due to the fact that these drugs are illegal-unregulated and filled with unknown substances and potency.
Nearly all drug violence today is completely due to the fact that these drugs are illegal-drug cartels, turf wars, Afghan poppy fields, etc. can all be blamed on the longest and most expensive war in American history-the reprehensible and disgusting War on "Drugs" that has given the "land of the free" the highest incarceration and drug use rate in the world.

To make matters worse-filling our prisons with non-violent drug offenders and having Law Enforcement across the country spending up to 70% of their time fighting this War on "Drugs" has made it so violent offenders are not the priority-murders are going unsolved at record rates-despite technological advances in forensics and DNA testing. Cops should be allowed to do their job-going after ACTUAL violent criminals-who today often serve much less time than a repeat non-violent drug offender. It is INSANITY.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 02-13-2017 at 04:06 PM..

Old 02-13-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I have not read this but the opiate epidemic is very widespread. I hesitate to relate it to a southern culture since it is such a major problem nationally. There is a also a history of New England immigrant mill workers, northwestern logging communities, etc, which have been devastated and generations impoverished. Yes there are ingrained generational issues and no you cant just say move and get educated and voila. I know of people who were shamed into not going to college as if it was a betrayal of tradition and family. Lectures and shaming from people who don't get it will not help this situation.

I agree with this. The people doing drugs in my part of Ohio are not Appalachian. Most are the descendants of Polish and German immigrants in the 19th and 20th centuries, they are the largest "white" groups in our area. We have one of the worst heroin epidemic statistics in the state in NW Ohio and don't have a "southern" cultural influence.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Except your dad is a rare exception-for most jail is a horrible "substitute" for rehab and therapy. Most do not stay clean when released-and have even more problems and obstacles. Besides, drugs are just as easily obtained in prison-and there is more incentive for escapism.
I didn't say that jail got him clean. When he got out he got back on drugs but within 6 months and seeing he was going down the wrong path again, he went to rehab himself. Relasped again, then went again to rehab, stayed at the Salvation Army shelter (which is why I support them to this day with an annual donation) started "working the steps" of Narcotics Anonymous, and stopped hanging around his old druggie friends.

He has been clean almost 30 years now. Going to prison and having to stay there was one of his major "rock bottom" moments. He had another prior to trying to get clean after prison and those two things are what made him change his life around.

People need to have tragedies occur when they are addicts in order to get clean. A tragedy for them would be going to prison for 6-12 months.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:49 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I didn't say that jail got him clean. When he got out he got back on drugs but within 6 months and seeing he was going down the wrong path again, he went to rehab himself. Relasped again, then went again to rehab, stayed at the Salvation Army shelter (which is why I support them to this day with an annual donation) started "working the steps" of Narcotics Anonymous, and stopped hanging around his old druggie friends.

He has been clean almost 30 years now. Going to prison and having to stay there was one of his major "rock bottom" moments. He had another prior to trying to get clean after prison and those two things are what made him change his life around.

People need to have tragedies occur when they are addicts in order to get clean. A tragedy for them would be going to prison for 6-12 months.
There is no lack of tragedy for most drug addicts with or without the threat of being locked in a cage for years-there is no specific tragedy or degree of tragedy that magically solves someone's addiction. It is first and foremost a chemical imbalance-a sort of mental illness that is usually worsened by other underlying mental illnesses like severe depression. Often, it is a tragedy or trauma that has led a person to addiction in the first place.

There are also many "rock bottoms" and so many different stories and outcomes. Some people function and go to work daily with addictions, some OD and die within Months, etc. There is no "one size fits all" solution-which is why prohibition/incarceration has failed and continues to fail so miserably.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 02-13-2017 at 05:59 PM..

Old 02-13-2017, 08:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
Ohhhh Puleeeze!!! Where is the individual responsibility? What about the "compassion" of the scumbag, loser drug addict /alcoholic on his family and the crap and stress he/she is putting them through?

No one "forced" any addict to inject themselves with heroin or drink themselves into oblivion. And then these scumbags get behind the wheel of a car and kill an innocent person. " Ohh but it's not my fault cuz I'm an addict!" There should be a special place in hell for people that drive under the influence and kill innocent people. Enough.

If you are an addict....you know you are. HAve a spine and get help. If you can't do that then commit suicide cuz you contribute absolutely nothing to society and at least your family will no longer have to deal with your BS.

You're all heart. I know a few couples who have lost their children to drugs, and none of them have ever considered their children "scumbags, loser drug addicts".

You have a personal issue and expect others to have the same issue, but thankfully, most people don't think the way you do.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:36 AM

1,230 posts, read 992,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Except your dad is a rare exception-for most, jail is a horrible "substitute" for rehab and therapy. Most do not stay clean when released-and have even more problems and obstacles. Besides, drugs are just as easily obtained in prison-and there is more incentive for escapism through drugs.

What needs to happen is everyone standing up and not allowing our Government and Big Corporations to profit massively from drug addiction and use this faux war against drugs as a moral guise to grow their power at home and achieve ulterior geopolitical goals abroad-very similar to the War on "Terror".

Most ODs today are due to the fact that these drugs are illegal-unregulated and filled with unknown substances and potency.
Nearly all drug violence today is completely due to the fact that these drugs are illegal-drug cartels, turf wars, Afghan poppy fields, etc. can all be blamed on the longest and most expensive war in American history-the reprehensible and disgusting War on "Drugs" that has given the "land of the free" the highest incarceration and drug use rate in the world.

To make matters worse-filling our prisons with non-violent drug offenders and having Law Enforcement across the country spending up to 70% of their time fighting this War on "Drugs" has made it so violent offenders are not the priority-murders are going unsolved at record rates-despite technological advances in forensics and DNA testing. Cops should be allowed to do their job-going after ACTUAL violent criminals-who today often serve much less time than a repeat non-violent drug offender. It is INSANITY.
No the problem is profiting of the prison industrial complex needs to stop, it seem when locking up drug users for less than one gram is not enough, some one drunk or high, unpaid parking tickets, suspended drivers license than it some one being locked up for filming the police, jaywalker, soccer mom or some other misdemeanor.

American cops have learn to do only one thing and that is arrest. Some one really high or drunk and out of it should be taken to rehab or hospital not jail.

A unpaid parking tickets or suspended drivers license cops should just take the vehicle way and not give it back to the person takes drivers education classes and community service.

Cops should be better educated dealing with public taking pictures in public and the judge should order jails to turn way any cop transporting prisoner to jail for filming. If there some problem the cop should call the DA for special permission for the jail to not turn away the prisoner.

It is the prison industrial complex dreaming up every thing they can find to lock people up.

Europe does not have this problem like the US. Yet shooting, killing and homicide are the highest than any first world country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies