Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 06:57 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,826,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Responses.
  • Agreed. But, any information gained is under court order and it's the court that determines how it can be used. Not the agency doing the monitoring. Clearly this did not happen.
  • Is the "One President at a Time" a statute or criminal offense in any way?
  • Only Trump knows this. Clearly Flynn did something that Trump disagreed with and he got sacked. It's not the first time this has happened in the Trump camp.

Well, at the time it was the first appointee set back anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 06:58 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,449,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The KGB has nothing in common with today's Russian intel agencies.

The KGB worked for the Soviet communists.

Russia is no longer the Soviet Union.

It is no longer communist.

It is not considered an enemy of the United States.

And the KGB no longer exists, contrary to what the person I responded to said.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:58 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,665,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If classified material is being discussed and it is leaked to the media it IS ILLEGAL.
Classified material should NOT be discussed by someone not authorized to discuss such. Flynn and campaign aides were NOT authorized.

Last edited by Fox Terrier; 02-16-2017 at 07:10 AM..

Old 02-16-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
MSM creates lots of brouhaha (gold star for that word ) over nothing. They have been doing it for close to 2 years over Trump and most turns out to be wrong.

So this is why I ask, what specific law has been broken?
Answering my question with a question is no answer at all.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Did Obama force members of the Trump campaign to make those phone calls to the Russian ambassador? Those types of calls to ambassadors are routinely monitored. Quit trying to shift the blame.

If the contents of those calls was just what Flynn claimed---innocent chit-chat----then that content never would have been deemed to be classified information and therefore it was not illegal to leak it. Whoever leaked it could get fired but not be charged with a felony.
Anything gained through a wire tap or other NSA/CIA monitoring is by definition classified.

And it is illegal to leak it -- in fact, it is a very serious crime to do so.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
So why is Flynn fired?
Why don't you ask Trump?

Old 02-16-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Classified material should NOT be discussed by someone authorized to discuss such. Flynn and campaign aides were NOT authorized.
They were discussing classified material?

How do you know?

Old 02-16-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Answering my question with a question is no answer at all.
Did you not read the first sentence?

It wasn't a question.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You unwittingly prove a point I've made many times. The real government is a cabal of unelected Federal employees in Washington.
The same ones I have as neighbors and aquaintencees. The same ones I hear bragging about who is really in charge.

Those on the Left may think they have the numbers to continue and reinforce this arrangement, but will be easily defeated when the time comes.

If this isn't tamped down, we face a Constitutional crisis and civil war. Where will you be when it happens?
So, you think the government is being run by the intelligence community? Really?
They have so much dope on every member of congress that only bills sanctioned by the intelligence community get passed into law? Really?

I agree that there is heavy influence in government, but it's not intelligence. The 'cabal' is made up of the wealthiest people and corporations. And I also agree that they should be tamped down.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:11 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,348,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I believe this is a planned coup by the Obama administration.
Or something close to it. What does Obama know about this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies