Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 08:08 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Trump needs to fire everyone below GS9 in the intelligence community and start over after he disbands the IRS for criminally behavior against Conservative Americans and Tea Partiers.
And leave the country without a fully functioning intelligence apparatus? Because you are upset about politics and an argument you yourself started? Not smart at all - but something right up tRumps alley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 08:13 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You're right. And Obama was the president...not Tramp. ONE president and ONE administration at a time.
That's right.

And that's what happened.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:19 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Just days before he left office, traitor Obama expanded the power of the other intel agencies by allowing NSA to share unfiltered data with all sixteen of them.

So this is where the leaks are coming from.

Traitor Obama did this on purpose in order to thwart Trump and screw the American people, who he hates.

It's part of the shadow government Obama is creating, based on the "deep state" of intel agencies and multinational globalist elitists that Eisenhower warned us about.

Trump needs to start playing hardball.

I trust that Jeff Sessions will guide him through what needs to be done.

Obama, Clapper, Brennan, Comey, Lynch, Holder, Koskinen, the Clintons, etc. -- all need to be arrested.

McCain, Graham, Ryan -- they should probably be arrested, too.

In the meantime, the whiny libs who used to freak out at the thought of the CIA having any power at all are sucking up to fascist Obama and his minions.

Last edited by dechatelet; 02-16-2017 at 08:36 AM..

Old 02-16-2017, 08:20 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's worse than that. Obama is actively working to sabotage Donald Trump and his administration. Unprecedented in U.S. history. He has returned to his roots, an agitator, working to subvert the U.S. government and to "fundamentally transform" the United States.

How Obama is scheming to sabotage Trump's presidency | On Air Videos | Fox News
Quote:
That's exactly what it is. That's why he has chosen to stay in Washington. "Organizing for America" is Obama, and these so-called "spontaneous" protests are well planned, and being carried out according to Alinsky "rules" so as to appear spontaneous.
It is absolutely amazing when someone you think has a very tenuous grip - actually goes over the edge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUdHb6JZyTg

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 02-16-2017 at 08:32 AM..

Old 02-16-2017, 08:32 AM

865 posts, read 622,939 times
Quote:
It's worse than that. Obama is actively working to sabotage Donald Trump and his administration. Unprecedented in U.S. history. He has returned to his roots, an agitator, working to subvert the U.S. government and to "fundamentally transform" the United States.

How Obama is scheming to sabotage Trump's presidency | On Air Videos | Fox News
Exactly, it's sedition

Old 02-16-2017, 09:24 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nor should you. Or maybe you are not playing.
I have not changed stances from DNC leaks to Flynn leaks. Nor have I pretended to ignore the legality or lack there of on leaks based on partisan purposes.

Your hyperpartisan waffling principles don't help the world.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:27 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,973,733 times
I am beginning to wonder if we should look very carefully at that 3 month period between election and inauguration and perhaps dispense with it completely. It may have served good purpose back in the day before telephones and jet planes and the internet, but it is now fraught with issues I think when there are administrations which will do anything to sabotage an incoming administration but setting traps during that period (and apparently also use the period after the inauguration to continue that sabotage as well) while the incoming administration has no power or authority whatsoever and may even indeed be handicapped by missing information and midnight regulations and holdover staff being encouraged to participate in underhanded activities.

It might be better to have an immediate transfer of power even if it means that the new administration has to take more than a few weeks to become fully familiar with their new authorities and limits - and staff - once they are installed. Perhaps it should be that ALL political appointees, on the certification of election results (and perhaps the electoral college needs to meet via Skype that very night right after that), must leave their posts immediately. It is bad enough we have to deal with holdover 'staff' .. but in the case of Obama, he spent time during this last pre-inauguration period stacking the deck even there with his political appointees, not to mention that at least the top levels in probably every department have been liberalized for years.

That said, Flynn is a DEMOCRAT. He was also military however, a man with a great reputation and long career, and one would have hoped he did not deliberately sabotage the Trump administration however at this point I/we cannot be sure. He was NOT an official appointee at the time of this call but he had been told he probably would be and I believe that interim period is for exactly what he did given that position - for him to familiarize himself with the people who he would have to deal with after he received official sanction/go-ahead to actually DO the job he expected to get. I am fairly sure that is the case with every such person who is in his position during that interim period before any new administration takes over. He called the Russian ambassador. That part sounds very legit to me. It is not something that should be called out now or should have been under particular scrutiny then.

I don't know if Trump set out rules for what he could or couldn't talk about during those 'familiarization' calls or whether there are particular laws that determine that sort of thing - does anyone know? It does seem as though Trump (probably very properly) asked Flynn to report back on what he and the ambassador discussed. Apparently for some reason we don't know Flynn either 'forgot' parts of that conversation or he didn't think what he talked about in that respect was important or he deliberately withheld it from Trump. If there is no LAW that states that he is required to report every word to his potential boss who had told him to make the call, then it is unlikely Flynn broke any law there. It is also unlikely he broke a law as far as I can see when it came to the content of those calls. It was well known to all parties, including the Russians, that he had the right to call but not the authority to 'make deals' at that point. The fact he did not apparently tell Trump that he had briefly talked about potential 'sanction' changes and the fact that that was therefore not reported by the VP, etc. to the public is what is the issue here - and that is or may be an 'in-house' trust issue possibly unless the VP was sabotaging Trump, which I doubt. That was for Trump to decide and apparently he decided what happened was untenable and he asked for Flynn's resignation on that basis. Sounds logical to me.

I don't know but for the sake of argument I will take it that the NSA/CIA has a right to monitor calls, even between a private citizen and a Russian ambassador which is what this call was - though that in itself is scary enough and I am not sure it is correct but it is the worst case scenario so let's use it .. I am not sure why they would but let's say they did. What someone in one or more of those agencies it seems to me did NOT have the RIGHT to do was to leak whatever they heard either directly to the public or to someone who did leak it to the public. The monitoring, if any, should have been totally secret (except from the monitor's boss and the President/his representatives in my estimation) and there should have been no leaks - it should all have been dealt with in house - and I doubt we should have heard a word about it.

Since this all went down, whoever did the monitoring and anyone they had contact with after that point should be thoroughly investigated and fired - up the line till it gets into the Trump administration and at that point Trump should look at the chain all this passed through till we find out what exactly happened and why, who needs to go and what needs to be done to prevent this in future. We have rats all through the bureaucracy right now (and that was deliberate on the part of the last administration .. no doubt about that .. in the intelligence services as well .. and they need to learn right now that this will NOT be tolerated - in and by this administration or any other in future).

Trump I believe is absolutely correct when he says that the LEAKS are the problem, nothing else.

Last edited by Aery11; 02-16-2017 at 09:44 AM..

Old 02-16-2017, 09:43 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Nixon had to resign for bugging a hotel room.

Where is the outrage?
Where is the proof that Obama used anything to 'get' anyone?

If he had, and used, the kind of power you describe, how is it that the FBI derailed Clinton's campaign a couple weeks before voting?

Where is your proof that any orders at all came from Obama specifically to 'monitor' Flynn? Flynn and Trump's campaign were being monitored due to ongoing Trump campaign operative communications with Russia by Manafort, possibly Stone and others. It was common practice and especially suspicious as Flynn and Manafort had been paid by the Russians.

Why would they wait until after Trump was already elected to bring this all to light? They could have 'leaked' everything during the summer.

My outrage is that Obama, a man with high morals, high ethical standards, who has only behaved professionally and honorably (which as a black president, he absolutely had to do as he was held to higher standards), and who is not tied to nefarious figures in the US or globally, is being painted as Nixonian, when the real Nixon clone (only wealthier with more underworld ties) is sitting in the Oval Office right now.

Please don't lecture others on outrage when the cult is offering no objections to any of the corrupt, immoral, self-dealing, unprofessional and immature behavior of the current so-called president.

Trump could clear many things up if he would only release his tax returns. He is hiding things and there is a Russian connection. This BS deflection onto Obama by the alt-right is disgusting.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:50 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
Exactly, it's sedition
This is frankly, laughable. You people are obsessed with the Supreme Leader as much as he is.

You honestly think Obama planned all of this in order to make the uber-conservative Pence POTUS? Someone has been watching too much James Bond, and the conspiracy-theory president is having way too much nutso influence over his cult.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:11 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Classified material should NOT be discussed by someone not authorized to discuss such. Flynn and campaign aides were NOT authorized.
How do you know it was classified?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies