Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 08:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I thought Jim Acosta went out of his way to be polite, though. They even had some cheerful banter.

I think this whole respect thing is going to be a two-way street. When you stand there and tell a group of seasoned reporters how much they suck, they are not likely to be overly friendly.
Trump is so busy making enemies out of every single person; he is NEVER going to get anything accomplished.

The Republicans on the hill are still in shock over the press-disaster yesterday; reporters hate him because HE HATES THEM . . . the CIA hates him because HE HATES THEM . . .

What did Trump think was going to happen? He spent his whole campaign demonizing the press. NOW he wants favorable coverage? Not gonna happen as knowledgeable politicians tried to tell him months ago.

Then . . he goes on a rampage against the IC and 'so called' this and that and NOW he's shocked that they are leaking like a sieve?

Then . . . he goes on a rampage against the court that is ruling on his case? In what reality is that ever smart?

Please.

Trump's problems are all on him. He needs to quit assuming the mantle of VICTIMHOOD (which is not a good look for a president) and fix the problems that he and only he, made.

When Trump gives respect, he may get it back. Until then, he will continue to be portrayed as the narcissistic fool that he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 08:17 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed.

The video proves that Trump tossed a huge opportunity to the woman, who decided she didn't want it.

The deranged attempted to spin it into some sort of "Trump is a Bigot" narrative.

What it really proves is they will find fault with every single thing that he does no matter what.
Mr. Trump has had a letter in his office from the CBC requesting a meeting for month. It's not a reporter's job set up meetings like that. You're trying to shift the blame for that not happening to a reporter who asked a simple question. Not going to work, kitty cat. He was clueless about the CBC's request and it showed by his confrontational reaction to her question.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:21 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,292,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
LOL....... he was much worse with the Jewish man..........he flat out told him to sit down.
Yeah... not a good idea to yell at a Jewish reporter and force him to sit after you flubbed your speech on Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:21 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,963,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
‘Are They Friends Of Yours?’: Trump Asks Reporter of Color if She Knows Congressional Black Caucus

‘Are They Friends Of Yours?’: Trump Asks Reporter of Color if She Knows Congressional Black Caucus | Mediaite

Aside from the ridiculous notion that a reporter should set up a meeting between Trump and the Congressional Black Caucus, why would Trump ask if she is friends with the members of the CBC? He obviously thinks that all black people know each other.

My God! The petty a$$ crap you libs come up with is totally ridiculous. What a worthless thread.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
My God! The petty a$$ crap you libs come up with is totally ridiculous. What a worthless thread.

You know what was petty?

That ridiculous whine-fest that Trump called a press conference.

Perpetual victimhood is not a good look for any president. Trump gets weaker and weaker with each passing day.

What will be the tipping point for Republicans? That's the big question. Because when that happens - it's over.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:20 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,072,706 times
There have many individual business leaders, business groups and so forth who have met with him. The focus has been on regulations, taxes, job and company growth ideas. If the CBC wants to help shape this administration's priorities, they best get proactive. If they are waiting for an invitation, I'd say they have a misunderstanding about how to advance an agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
If the CBC wants to meet with the President, I am pretty sure he will meet with them. He is meeting with groups of all kinds from all across the country and in Washington. He is definitely not inaccessible.

If they don't want to meet with him, that is their prerogative - and it will probably be their problem down the line too. In my opinion, if my representative has an issue of any kind but particularly one that affects his/her constituency and wants to meet with the President to discuss that issue, and the President makes that possible and the representative decides to throw a tantrum and not meet in the end, I know who I would be angry with and who would look the fool (and it would not be the President).

Trump is doing exactly the right thing. He is calling a lot of people's bluffs and showing the world that these people never really wanted to resolve issues or even try to do that - they merely want to insinuate that the other side won't even try or meet. With this President, I doubt that is going to be true at all so they better change their strategies because they look like the idiots, not him.

If they meet and they discuss things rationally and there is no resolution or attempt at understanding/considering the issues/explaining from his side why things could be difficult to fix, etc. that is a different story but just using the excuse that the President won't deal with them will not fly any more if they are the ones who won't really even try.

It is just hilarious to watch all these people keep trying to use the same crap over and over .. stuff that perhaps used to work with other administrations but which won't work now. It really shows up how juvenile they all are and how little interest they ever had in anyone except themselves. Thank you, Mr. Trump, for being the grown up.

(and P.S. WaldoKitty - you are very correct. That reporter missed the opportunity of a lifetime.)

Old 02-17-2017, 10:47 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,774,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You know what was petty?

That ridiculous whine-fest that Trump called a press conference.

Perpetual victimhood is not a good look for any president. Trump gets weaker and weaker with each passing day.

What will be the tipping point for Republicans? That's the big question. Because when that happens - it's over.
There are many things that could be a tipping point. But the main thing is, a majority of congressional Rs would have to believe that they wouldn't pay a political price for dumping him for Pence.

If his poll numbers continue to tank, and stay there - they'll pounce. The Ds will have little to do with it.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:05 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Trump is so busy making enemies out of every single person; he is NEVER going to get anything accomplished.
Sounds as if you didn't watch the press conference at all because none of what you said happened.

And what was alleged in this topic didn't either. Here is the actual exchange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjtxBbU8FvY

Old 02-17-2017, 12:49 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,529,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wow. You have to ask?

So if you were a reporter, you wouldn't want the opportunity to setup and host a meeting between the USA President and members of Congress? A meeting where something has the potential to end up in the history books depending upon what happened.

If you say no, then I hope you are not in that profession.

Go look up Bob Woodward if don't understand historic opportunity.
Again, it is not her job to do this when he has a staff and the CBC letter requesting a meeting in somewhere at the White House. Reporters do not set up meetings between members of Congress and the President. Trump knows who they are; he just doesn't want to meet with them.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:55 PM

8,389 posts, read 4,379,257 times
Trump put that lady in a spot. I doubt he even knew what the CBC was until she told him because he looked confused until she explained what it stood for. The he was rude if not racist in his response. The man can't help it, he is just a jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies