Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 01:18 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,655,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Your whole post is contradictory on itself. You mentioned Trump's legal tax deductions but never mention that the left wing media jumped all over that ignoring the fact that it was his right to do so.
I didn't *mean* to leave that out. I was doing a comparison of the two but merely posting that certain posters *here* (on both sides) don't call it out.

If I didn't respond to it on this board, I certainly did elsewhere. I think the whole thing about Trump paying no taxes and "what disgrace" was ridiculous. I strive to use every loophole available to me to pay as little tax as possible. I responded to those threads saying that Trump did nothing wrong there.

I guess I'm tired of people here lambasting some one for one thing and not doing it on "their" side. The Elizabeth Warren thing was a prime example. She was SO HORRIBLE for not disclosing her home equity line (which was perfectly legal), yet these same people were defending Trump for a similar action. But the news sites they follow lead them to act that way. When the story of Warren was first posed here and I read the obviously biased link, rather than jump to conclusion, I did a quick search and read about 10 articles by different sites. Every one of the right-leaning sites left out the one important fact that it was legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 01:20 PM

19,505 posts, read 9,532,107 times
For the crossword puzzle?

Old 02-18-2017, 01:25 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
It's one thing to not support the NY Times or other specific sources in particular, but demonizing all free press is a path down a very, very dark road.

Just speaking as someone whose parents immigrated from countries that had been there, done that, and found themselves without the freedoms that the US currently has and takes for granted.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:26 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,479,283 times
If you don't get your news from the media(various formats including print, internet, tv, radio), where do you get it?

Old 02-18-2017, 01:27 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
If you don't get your news from the media(various formats including print, internet, tv, radio), where do you get it?
Exactly. If it's just from the Trump Administration directly, well...

Old 02-18-2017, 01:37 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,130,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Again, another poster carrying water for trump by making his detractors look like unhinged birther-types.
Actually I'm just pointing out the similarity between Trump's methods and Hitler's.....

Old 02-18-2017, 01:40 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,130,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
People are free to say whatever they want, but the way they throw the "Hitler" references around about anyone they don't like, they are doing a huge disservice to all the people who suffered and died under the REAL Hitler's rule. None of these people, including Trump, even come close.
I didn't say they did, but their attitude towards lying is the same....

Old 02-18-2017, 01:42 PM

421 posts, read 204,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell
Your O-P-I-N-I-O-N is noted. And rejected. Much like the preference for actual books over E-readers, many still prefer newspapers over talking heads somewhere.
It's too bad the newspaper talking heads are often the same "plastic"/fake bought-off leftist-leaning types you see on TV

Old 02-18-2017, 01:44 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I've subscribed to both WaPo and NYT as a vote of support for their work investigating Trump. They are heroes and my understanding is their subscriptions have increased dramatically since the election. All the President's Men is one of my favorite movies so maybe this time I'll get to see it play out in the papers before the movie.
Wow..that's funny stuff. Support of work? I truly feel sorry for you or anyone if that's where you're getting your news. No wonder people like you are so misinformed. Ok chief I'll link the example again for you and the fake news media shills where the NY Times blatantly lied on purpose to try and do a hit piece on Trump...and then refused to retract the story. Here we go boss :

Former Trump girlfriend hits back at 'upsetting' NYT cover story - POLITICO

Brewer's response :

Quote:
On Monday morning, Brewer Lane appeared on "Fox & Friends" to dispute the Times' framing of her account.

"Actually, it was very upsetting. I was not happy to read it at all," Brewer Lane said. "Well, because The New York Times told us several times that they would make sure that my story that I was telling came across. They promised several times that they would do it accurately. They told me several times and my manager several times that it would not be a hit piece and that my story would come across the way that I was telling it and honestly, and it absolutely was not."

Asked what the reporters got wrong, Brewer Lane said they took her quotes and "put a negative connotation on it."

"They spun it to where it appeared negative. I did not have a negative experience with Donald Trump, and I don't appreciate them making it look like that I was saying that it was a negative experience because it was not," Brewer Lane said.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:59 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually I'm just pointing out the similarity between Trump's methods and Hitler's.....
No. You just threw out 4 Hitler quotes without connotation or substance and then tried to link him to Trump.

Secondly, Hitler was part of a coup attempt prior to coming to power. Has Trump attempted a military overthrow of the US government?

That actually makes me chuckle because in a CNN op-ed about 2 weeks ago the writer railing against Trump kept calling his election a "coup" and referencing a dictatorship.

Birther. Full Birther. Never go full Birther.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies