Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 09:30 PM

48 posts, read 112,021 times

Advertisements

Because it doesn't support their narrative IC. I am an ER physician and my wife is an RN with an MSN and both of us supported Trump. It had nothing to do with race and everything to do with being tired of paying for the slugs in society who don't or won't do a thing. I see it everyday, the millions of dollars taxpayers spend on the same people over and over who OD, are illegal, and who want 98 year old grandma to have 10 million dollars worth of care because you know, she's going to run the Boston Marathon next week. Pay for it yourselves, we had to pay over 60k in federal taxes alone this year and I'm frankly sick of these educated liberals with social science degrees making less than an auto mechanic getting on their high horse saying we should take on more responsibility for vagrants, lazy bums and refugee's from war torn hell holes. The peer group that we have are definitely skewed towards the republicans and voted for Trump. All of them are highly educated and encompass all races. I don't believe for a minute that those educated in marketable fields, especially stem, support the foolishness and identity politics that the current crop of progressive democrats support. These are not my father's democrats.

Posting under my wife's account just to be clear.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:35 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So... Why do liberals claim Trump supporters are under-educated? They earn more on average than Clinton supporters.
Girl working at Red Robin with a BA in contemporary dance from a non-accredited university = educated.

Guy working in the elevators union with an associates degree in mechanical engineering = uneducated

Educated means you have a piece of paper from a 4 year university in the world of liberals. This still holds true even if you studied finger painting the 4-10 years you partied there

I remember having to take some required Micky Mouse classes like cultural diversity or Spanish 1&2 to get my business undergrad. There were people in these classes that were too stupid to ever get a real degree and would literally get ran off a job sight if they ever attempted to do real work. These are the same dumb****s that now make me late for work by blocking the roads with their $6 coffees and retarded signs up here in Seattle.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:21 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Girl working at Red Robin with a BA in contemporary dance from a non-accredited university = educated.

Guy working in the elevators union with an associates degree in mechanical engineering = uneducated

Educated means you have a piece of paper from a 4 year university in the world of liberals. This still holds true even if you studied finger painting the 4-10 years you partied there

I remember having to take some required Micky Mouse classes like cultural diversity or Spanish 1&2 to get my business undergrad. There were people in these classes that were too stupid to ever get a real degree and would literally get ran off a job sight if they ever attempted to do real work. These are the same dumb****s that now make me late for work by blocking the roads with their $6 coffees and retarded signs up here in Seattle.
And again projecting instead of looking at chart which is quite objective in nature. Debate all you want about value of education if it doesn't change what chart shows.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:22 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
And again projecting instead of looking at chart which is quite objective in nature. Debate all you want about value of education if it doesn't change what chart shows.
Same question to you... Why do liberals claim Trump supporters are under-educated? They earn more on average than Clinton supporters.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:44 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
"Trump's appproval rate among whites...."

What about his approval rate among non-whites? With what is it correlated?
From a non-White individual... I think Trump is doing a good job, up to this point. As for the liberals with all their B.S. Drama and doing any and everything possible to sabotage him, it's a pretty sad AND shameful act. In the end, all it does is pushes me further away from the Democratic Party and anything that they stand for. I truly believe that the left's actions are only pushing away the average working American, of all colors and backgrounds, from the Democratic Party because they are now showing who is really the most pitiful and hateful group of people AND the true fascists.

For a group of people who claim to be the "educated" class and far superior to the average American worker, you are now simply showing how ignorant you really are. By the way, having a BS/BA doesn't make you smart or better than an average blue collar worker... I see plenty of dumb@zz "educated" people everyday and its a sad thing since I have to work with many of them.

You would think that an "educated" person would be a rational individual and dealt with issues using a factual thought process, but the truth is that they really don't care about real facts since it's not fitting their purpose or their views and they are solely acting out in a non-logical manner where they knowingly allow their emotions to take control and to blind them to the reality that's around them... Basically, a bunch of confused sheep, looking for another group of confused sheep to "validate" their own selfish views.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:19 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
So more years of liberal political indoctrination lines up with less support for the non Democrat, what a shock. Which is book ended by most high school dropouts voting democrat. So the most brainwashed and the least capable vote dem, who could have guessed...other than everybody.

Since the popular vote was so important to democrats you should be happy that the majority (who didn't vote for Hillary) are supporting the elected president.
More like educated people know how complex things can be and understand that not everything can be reduced to sentence fragments posing as cogent thoughts, unhinged screeds posing as serious policy proposals, insults, and stupid hat slogans.

Failure to really think things through and understand the higher order effects leads to disaster.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:56 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
More like educated people know how complex things can be and understand that not everything can be reduced to sentence fragments posing as cogent thoughts, unhinged screeds posing as serious policy proposals, insults, and stupid hat slogans.

Failure to really think things through and understand the higher order effects leads to disaster.
Really lol? Pretty sure lots of the women marching and wearing pink p***y hats and dressing themselves up as vaginas were college educated.

Despite their education, most of the country views them as unhinged without any cogent thought to how complex things can be.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:00 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
This comment is almost as pointless as the first 2 times you posted it. If you have nothing constructive to add then go away. Nobody is debating what the chart shows Einstein.

This thread should literally have no responses by your backwards logic. It's as if you're saying you shouldn't argue with someone you don't agree with on a forum designed for debate because it doesn't change what they said.

Thanks for saying nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjoMQJf5vKI

Old 02-22-2017, 04:18 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,835 times
The point I get is that an education does not guarantee success in life. It may help if you get a small million dollar loan from your father.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:25 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
No surprise. Trump himself said he loved the "poorly educated," and anyone who understands Trump and his kind on even the most basic level knows that such a comment wasn't some legitimate compliment towards those who have worked hard and overcome obstacles such as poor education. No, Trump just likes people who are easily manipulated, and poorly educated people fall into that category.

Trumps popularity among such people is no surprise, but I don't fault poorly educated people of any skin color for being easily manipulated since there but for good fortune could have gone any of us if life had ended up differently. No, I fault the hard-line right-wingers for willful ignorance, double-think, and hypocrisy. We all know the nonsense in question:

- Claiming outright lies, such as "Obama destroyed jobs" or "Obama didn't do anything about ISIS" and so forth. This partisan claims are easily dismissed with even a cursory check of the facts, but that would get in the way of the right-wing story, so they aren't interested.

- Pretending to not be motivated by bigotry when still actually being a bigot. Again, another hallmark of the far-right, they claim to "not be one of those people," but they still wish "somebody would do something" about all "dem dar Mooslims, blacks, gays, etc."

- Pretending to have the moral high-ground when voting for Trump over Clinton. Another farce. Anyone who voted for Trump forever surrenders the moral high ground, and doubly so in the 2016 election. You can't go out and claim "Clinton is a crook so I can't vote for her" and then vote for Trump, a bigger crook, while still pretending to be motivated by morality. Actual motivations are usually partisan ignorance or bigotry - morality has nothing to do with it.

All of those above serious moral flaws and personality disorders that one sees in typical hard-line Trump supporters have nothing to do with education. One could be very poorly educated and, thanks to the wonders of the internet and common sense, still have had wit enough not to vote for Trump. The correlation between Trump's supporters and a lack of education points more towards WILLING ignorance than anything else, and that is far more dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies