Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2017, 05:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
A truly smart person will be successful degreed or not.
What you said in no way disputes what I just said.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
It is precisely this sort of snotty attitude from the Left that helped get Trump elected.

Congratulations.
Come now... it was apathy that got Trump elected.

It wasn't anyone's snotty attitude.

If so, nobody would vote for Trump because that man is incredibly snotty and none of you seem to care in the slightest. LOL.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
What I keep noticing on the C-D is that Trump supporters seem obsessed with "snobby" progressives. My own brother said he couldn't vote for Hillary because she was too "uppity."

I want a President who is intelligent, well-read, classy, well-educated, and well-spoken. I don't mind in the least if he or she is snobby, uppity, elitist or rich. I want a President who can interact with other world leaders without embarrassing our country.

I don't want someone whom I would like to have a beer with (as some said about George W. Bush). I don't want a working class stiff. But it seems this is what Trump supporters were looking for. They wanted someone they can relate to. Well, they got him, and our country is worse off because of it.
It's really weird because Trump is a snob.

He's an elitist.

Why are they fine with him? I think all it took was him being a boor and saying hateful things about women, minorities, and the handicapped.

Mean-spirited.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Not only that, but if they want to play the education game, the absolute lowest educated people in the US are on assistance and vote democrat. PERIOD.
Nahhhh... you seen how many guns and Jesus types are high school dropouts?

None of those people vote Democrat.

They are all hooting and hollering for Trump with the rest of you. Own your fellow Trumpers.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:41 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educat...er_in_2009.svg

Actually, this image does demonstrate that red state voters have (generally) lower percentages of advanced degrees.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:41 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
College educated Whites did great during the Obama years, it's blue collar Whites who fell behind and have significant economic insecurity. Geographically most college grads live either in the rich side of town or in high income booming cities like Austin and Raleigh. Whites without a college degree are more likely to live in struggling places like Flint or West Virginia.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:07 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
What I keep noticing on the C-D is that Trump supporters seem obsessed with "snobby" progressives. My own brother said he couldn't vote for Hillary because she was too "uppity."

I want a President who is intelligent, well-read, classy, well-educated, and well-spoken. I don't mind in the least if he or she is snobby, uppity, elitist or rich. I want a President who can interact with other world leaders without embarrassing our country.

I don't want someone whom I would like to have a beer with (as some said about George W. Bush). I don't want a working class stiff. But it seems this is what Trump supporters were looking for. [b]They wanted [/B]someone they can relate to. Well, they got him, and our country is worse off because of it.
I think you got it all wrong. Many of Trumps supporters wanted just the opposite .........someone who could relate to them and listen to/give voice to their issues.

Trump is able to do that. IMO because he is not that far removed from similar backgrounds. His family is what I would call nouveau riche of just a couple to three generations and if I recall his mothers background was near poverty.

I'm not obsessed with "snobby" progressives. I find that many people in that category believe they have some monopoly on the truth, that they are somehow more moral than other Americans, etc. I find that obnoxious and I despise that kind of pretentiousness. I certainly don't want to see it in a President.

So, you can trot out all the educational stats you want on Trump voters, but again, you are missing the fact that there are also highly educated, extremely intelligent, and wealthy or high earning people who also voted for Trump who care about some of the same issues that the so called working class stiff cares about.

Not everyone is in it just for themselves. Many people care about the entire country.

I for one do not want to see the working and/or middle class hollowed out across the country. I will be judging Trump based on whether or not he can improve the economy as well as a few other issues, not based on how many books he has read or not read.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:34 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
See those red bars? Those ARE people like you.

Trump does have some measure of approval among people with college degrees. Just not as high as his disapproval.

I seriously doubt most people with multiple degrees voted Trump.

Ask around the forums. Universities are big, old "indoctrination" centers for liberal thought.
They are. Evolution is a forced curriculum, but the theory is speculative at best. Is it logical to conclude a cycle can evolve? How many cycles do we see in nature interdependent on one another? You more you look, the more the whole thing doesn't make sense, yet it is vehemently taught and kept in the curriculum despite these glaring problems.

That is just one example. Delve into the humanities areas and you will find many more examples.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:38 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It's really weird because Trump is a snob.

He's an elitist.

Why are they fine with him? I think all it took was him being a boor and saying hateful things about women, minorities, and the handicapped.

Mean-spirited.

So you're educated? But you fall for this notion where you stereotype Trump voters as misogynists, hating minorities, etc.

All your post demonstrates is how easy you are influenced by the mass media.

There are plenty of people with degrees running around that can't think for themselves.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:18 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
They liked him Initially because they saw his platform as allowing the fox in the henhouse. However if you look look at recent reports they are starting to turn and have anxiety over what an unhinged individual he appears to be
Explains why the market is doing so well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies