Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 10:40 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Amusing how Trump and his minions are blaming this on the left. That is garbage. Many of these are swing states and red states and they are simply angry people--they aren't there for the partisanship.

I dare anyone to take a look at the clips from those Grassley Iowa meetings and claim those people are democrats or plants. That is total BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 11:20 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Amusing how Trump and his minions are blaming this on the left. That is garbage. Many of these are swing states and red states and they are simply angry people--they aren't there for the partisanship.

I dare anyone to take a look at the clips from those Grassley Iowa meetings and claim those people are democrats or plants. That is total BS.
You do realize there are millions of democrats in red states, don't you?

Old 02-22-2017, 11:26 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You do realize there are millions of democrats in red states, don't you?
Are you also going to tell me that these people are paid to come to these townhalls? Or Republicans don't need healthcare or care about all these issues that they are coming to townhalls to raise concerns about?....

How should these people (Republicans or Democrats) voice their concerns when the phone lines are all jammed up and Republicans representing them are turning a blind eye to what Trump and the rest of Congress is doing?

Old 02-22-2017, 11:36 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Are you also going to tell me that these people are paid to come to these townhalls? Or Republicans don't need healthcare or care about all these issues that they are coming to townhalls to raise concerns about?....

How should these people (Republicans or Democrats) voice their concerns when the phone lines are all jammed up and Republicans representing them are turning a blind eye to what Trump and the rest of Congress is doing?
Why do some here feel the need to make to make these huge leaps? I never said anything about people being paid. If that is what you are asking me, I guess it is possible, but I think it is more likely that opposition forces send out emails to registered democrats letting them know about the town halls and urging them to go and oppose republican policies. Which is fine.

When it gets ridiculous is when they are so disruptive that the conversation has to stop.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:38 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
You mean... "doing all they can to avoid paid for protesters by treasonous benefactors trying to usurp this country!"

Yeah, to hell with them!

Old 02-22-2017, 01:17 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammrj View Post
Marco Rubio bailed on an event in Tampa today. Down deep he HATES Trump and disagrees with him on everything from immigration policy to tax policy, but he won't stand up to him. Shame!
Marco Rubio bailed on a chance to talk? Really?

He seemed unusually subdued coming out of that 3 hour meeting last Friday where Senators were discussing the Russian-Trump connection. Think it might have anything to do with that?

Old 02-22-2017, 01:21 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Nothing makes me want to listen to another person more than if they scream at me. This is a sarcastic statement, by the way. If someone yells at me, the conversation is OVER.

Seriously, do these rude and badly behaved people attending town hall meetings actually think yelling at a politician enhances their position?

Last edited by texan2yankee; 02-22-2017 at 01:35 PM..

Old 02-22-2017, 01:29 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Nothing makes me want to listen to another person more than if they scream at me.

Seriously, do these rude and badly behaved people attending town hall meetings actually think yelling at a politician enhances their position?
I generally agree with you, but unfortunately this is where we are in our political discourse as a nation. Instead of listening to each other, we've come to a point where we just yell over each other, and the most entertaining one is deemed the winner.

It's certainly not a "left" or "right" thing...you can find bad examples on all sides...some recent protests and town halls, tea party-driven town halls, and the 2016 election campaigns.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's called defending the truth

hahaha Nice try. Didn't support Trump but he is by far the lessor of 2 evils.
Really? So you withheld your support although he is by far the "lessor of 2 evils?"

Geez. Texans.

Old 02-23-2017, 03:04 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Really? So you withheld your support although he is by far the "lessor of 2 evils?"

Geez. Texans.
If a candidate wants us out of the Middle East that candidate gets my vote. Otherwise it's no go.
hillary is so corrupt and unethical I'm glad it was anyone but her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies