Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 12:15 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL! Of course! Physical attraction is perfectly fine but we are more than our bodies. People looking for legitimate relationships seem to understand that. Only those looking for a quick jump treat women like potential conquests, IMHO.
For most men, physical attraction is #1. For some women, there is no personality that can make up for lack of physical attraction. Not to mention the disconnect between what women say they want and what they want almost always contradict eachother. This has been proven time and time again. When a woman says they want a guy to be nice and open with "so how's the weather", they will kick him to the curb faster than a ny second.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:16 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I was thinking it should be in the relationships forum, not sure how this is politics or otherwise.
It doesn't quite belong in relationships either. Someone yelling something lewd to you isn't a relationship. Maybe great debates? Or psychology?

Old 02-22-2017, 12:17 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
For most men, physical attraction is #1. For some women, there is no personality that can make up for lack of physical attraction. Not to mention the disconnect between what women say they want and what they want almost always contradict eachother. This has been proven time and time again. When a woman says they want a guy to be nice and open with "so how's the weather", they will kick him to the curb faster than a ny second.
That has not been my personal experience. I abhor aggressive behavior from men. Give me a guy who acts like himself, has some confidence and is a decent human being and I'm good.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:19 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Kind of like the way the left is treating the First Lady! Of course they will say we all said the same sh*t about Michelle, which, is a lie. Many of us didn't comment on Michelle's looks it was her polices or lack of knowledge that salt doesn't cause one to gain weight, if used wisely!

Old 02-22-2017, 12:22 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
It doesn't quite belong in relationships either. Someone yelling something lewd to you isn't a relationship. Maybe great debates? Or psychology?
Okay, whatever....Do they have a man calls women forum..... I just don't see politics here.

Umm, I have never had anything lewd said, but the pick up lines are very corny.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:26 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,744 times
Quote:
That has not been my personal experience. I abhor aggressive behavior from men. Give me a guy who acts like himself, has some confidence and is a decent human being and I'm good.
Men have known for a long time that "nice guys finish last" when it comes to attractive women. If women want to change men's behavior, then they need to change their own. Neither will happen because it's encoded from thousands of years of social evolution and natural instinct coding for selection of potential mates.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:36 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Okay, whatever....Do they have a man calls women forum..... I just don't see politics here.

Umm, I have never had anything lewd said, but the pick up lines are very corny.
I don't see politics either. I think the OP was going for "controversy." But I agree with you that it doesn't fit here.

I don't think corny pick up lines are cat calls. By definition, a cat call is a "whistle, shout, or comment of a sexual nature made to a woman passing by."

A pickup line is just a pickup line and harmless.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:37 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
I really think women should start catcalling to men so they know how it feels. It feels like you are a piece of meat and it feels like a violation of your personal space and the right to walk down a street without hearing lewd remarks.

It is not minor.
Please do and for heaven's sake....FILM IT!

Don't be surprised if it shows that men and women are really different

Old 02-22-2017, 12:43 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Since it is sexual harassment, I think it works in this forum, although we could pick apart what is wrong with someone that "catcalls" and that would probably be quite interesting.

Quote:
I don't see politics either. I think the OP was going for "controversy." But I agree with you that it doesn't fit here.

I don't think corny pick up lines are cat calls. By definition, a cat call is a "whistle, shout, or comment of a sexual nature made to a woman passing by."

A pickup line is just a pickup line and harmless.
I think it fits.

Catcalls are what you described. They are rude and only the lower forms of life do it. It used to be common when I was a child, but disrespect of women was rather common in general - the 1960s.

I used to have to walk by a construction site weekly in the mid-70s. It was a nightmare. What morons!

Also, some commented about how a woman sort of asks for it by where she is and how she is dressed, which is the same argument I have heard about rape and blaming the victim. The victim is not responsible for the brain or the mouth of the catcaller.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:43 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Toyman at Jewel Lake;47281796]You know, you don't see that crap in small, western (or southern) towns, and in fact pulling that stuff is a good way to get an azz-kicking..
That's what I'm thinking. That behavior is more of an urban thing.

Never seen it in the 'burbs. Can't even imagine it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies