Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 07:13 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times

Advertisements

He is not saying Bigly. He is saying Big League. He just runs it together too quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 08:05 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
I prefer Bigly, it drives the haters crazy.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:12 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
When my children were very young, I tried to teach them how to speak. They were taught that they might be the subject matter expert, but if they could not communicate enough to let others know what their intention or needs, what good was being smart.

I have a duty to listen carefully. The speaker has a duty to communicate without the need for an interpreter.

Lots of people spend a lot of time trying to inform me what the POTUS really means.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:13 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I prefer Bigly, it drives the haters crazy.
Boy, that's the truth.

I, too, like bigly.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-22-2017 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: flaming

Old 02-22-2017, 08:14 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Like one reporter stated, what do the words mean that come out of Trumps mouth.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:17 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
He is not saying Bigly. He is saying Big League. He just runs it together too quick.
A lot of us knew that, but it was entertaining to watch the haters not be able to figure that out and go absolutely nuts over it.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:22 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
I thought this topic would be about how inarticulate Mr. Trump is, how he can't put coherent sentences together that don't require someone on his team to come in afterwards to try to clarify what he meant to say. Whether he is saying "bigly" or "big league" makes no difference. What matters is his constant lying, insults and the way he treats people (like the press pool and other world leaders) with such disrespect.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:24 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I thought this topic would be about how inarticulate Mr. Trump is, how he can't put coherent sentences together that don't require someone on his team to come in afterwards to try to clarify what he meant to say. Whether he is saying "bigly" or "big league" makes no difference. What matters is his constant lying, insults and the way he treats people (like the press pool and other world leaders) with such disrespect.
Full time job for his cabinet members and congress explaining what he meant.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:26 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
When my children were very young, I tried to teach them how to speak. They were taught that they might be the subject matter expert, but if they could not communicate enough to let others know what their intention or needs, what good was being smart.

I have a duty to listen carefully. The speaker has a duty to communicate without the need for an interpreter.

Lots of people spend a lot of time trying to inform me what the POTUS really means.
Some of us, even those of us who are quite educated, literate and well spoken, seem to be able to understand what he is saying despite how he is saying it. He gets his points across quite well. It may not be how you want to see him communicate, but somehow he IS communicating his messages/thoughts to a lot of us quite adequately. And he certainly comes across as approachable which is not something we see out of politicians very often.

(and p.s. OP, yes, I figured that one out a while back .. it was definitely an 'ah ha' moment! The fact is though that not knowing exactly what that 'expression' was did not really interfere with gist of what he was saying so I suppose it was not that critical that I saw it right away. Now I guess I see it as something that is almost endearing - a 'Trump-ism' - doesn't hurt anyone, doesn't really interfere with understanding, it is just something 'he' does for emphasis.)

Old 02-22-2017, 10:11 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Some of us, even those of us who are quite educated, literate and well spoken, seem to be able to understand what he is saying despite how he is saying it. He gets his points across quite well. It may not be how you want to see him communicate, but somehow he IS communicating his messages/thoughts to a lot of us quite adequately. And he certainly comes across as approachable which is not something we see out of politicians very often.

(and p.s. OP, yes, I figured that one out a while back .. it was definitely an 'ah ha' moment! The fact is though that not knowing exactly what that 'expression' was did not really interfere with gist of what he was saying so I suppose it was not that critical that I saw it right away. Now I guess I see it as something that is almost endearing - a 'Trump-ism' - doesn't hurt anyone, doesn't really interfere with understanding, it is just something 'he' does for emphasis.)
I have no problem with how his fans see what he says.

I just wish all were held to same measure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies