Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 08:46 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,678,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
I think it will be the most EPIC moment a person has ever experienced, let alone a President.
The destruction of ISIS.
The most widespread enemy in world history, kneeling before President Trump.
Kissing his feet.
Man. Y'all live in your own little world. How's the weather in there?

Old 02-25-2017, 08:46 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
ISIS will never surrender. It's an ideology and may fade into history some day, but there will be no surrender.

Actually, I think the end of ISIS is so far in the future that as a matter of practice, we should plan on the war going on forever.
They can never win, but they can never be defeated, either.
And focussing on the name ISIS is just silly. We won't be seeing the end of armed insurrection in the ME anytime soon - whatever the movement du jour calls itself.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:49 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
trump's first miltary operation into yemen was a major disaster. Now we're supposed to believe he'll defeat Isis because he says so? You Trump supporters must live in your own little reality LOL
False! It was not a major thrust; likely an off-the-shelf pre-planned operation that was "dusted off" by someone within the Pentagon's bureaucracy -- which operates like any other bureaucracy. The casualties were likely highly-trained professionals and volunteers but it was they who paid the price. -- always have, and sadly, always will -- but we have come a ways from the high cost of massed engagements on land, which is still the preferred tactic in some parts of the Middle East

And I can assure you that those professionals are no more enthused about misguided adventures for the benefit of Obama and the Clintons than Trump -- who likely had little knowledge of the specifics (but in the supposedly high-mined world of the lame-stream media, hindsight is always 20/20).
--

Old 02-25-2017, 08:50 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:

Kissing his feet.
Do you think about Trump's feet a lot?

Old 02-25-2017, 08:52 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
I think it will be the most EPIC moment a person has ever experienced, let alone a President.
The destruction of ISIS.
The most widespread enemy in world history, kneeling before President Trump.
Kissing his feet.
Where are all those right wingers who claimed Obama supporters worshiped him as their Messiah now?

Old 02-25-2017, 08:54 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,170,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, he does after all know MORE than the Generals. Just ask, he'll tell you!
Makes me wonder why he had to order the generals to come up with a plan - since he already knows more. I wonder too, aren't these top generals pretty much the same generals that have been running the military for the past eight years? If these generals couldn't defeat ISIS within weeks then, how can they now?

Old 02-25-2017, 08:54 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
False! It was not a major thrust; likely an off-the-shelf pre-planned operation that was "dusted off" by someone within the Pentagon's bureaucracy -- which operates like any other bureaucracy. The casualties were likely highly-trained professionals and volunteers but it was they who paid the price. -- always have, and sadly, always will -- but we have come a ways from the high cost of massed engagements on land, which is still the preferred tactic in some parts of the Middle East

And I can assure you that those professionals are no more enthused about misguided adventures for the benefit of Obama and the Clintons than Trump -- who likely had little knowledge of the specifics (but in the supposedly high-mined world of the lame-stream media, hindsight is always 20/20).
--
Nothing false about not having proper intelligence to conduct the raid but going through with it anyway. This is a huge failure in leadership from a man, claiming to be the only one who can defeat Isis and knowing more than his generals.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:01 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Nothing false about not having proper intelligence to conduct the raid but going through with it anyway. This is a huge failure in leadership from a man, claiming to be the only one who can defeat Isis and knowing more than his generals.
He wanted to tweet about a successful raid in the early days of his administration. So, intelligence be damned...

Old 02-25-2017, 09:07 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Obama wasn't there. He watched it on TV.
So Tramp is going to Syria and Iraq to fight them?

Old 02-25-2017, 10:59 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,678,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So Tramp is going to Syria and Iraq to fight them?
I wish he would. I'd buy him a ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies