Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 01:42 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I indicated I don't believe all are criminals. That is insane. Again, out of 1 billion people in India, only 300,000 are in jail. I don't think all 300,000 are criminals in India. So how is it possible for most if not all 900,000 black people to be criminals? Do you know how insane that is?
What does India have to do with say.......Detroit?

Or anyplace else in America for that matter?

Completely different culture/system/people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 01:43 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The most clear cut are the drug cases.

According to the Human Rights Watch, people of color are no more likely to use or sell illegal drugs than whites, but they have higher rate of arrests. African Americans comprise 14 percent of regular drug users but are 37 percent of those arrested for drug offenses. From 1980 to 2007 about one in three of the 25.4 million adults arrested for drugs was African American.

In my county blacks are about 1% of the population, a small city near me has a black population of about 10%. If I wanted to obtain hardcore drugs I don't know anyone that could obtain them for me but I could certainly take a ride over to the projects and get them.

Furthermore when I was younger I knew a lot of people that could of obtained drugs for me or sold them. None of this was out in the in the open and you needed to know them.

Lastly I was recently in Philly for a week in center city near Jefferson because of a family emergency, I smoke so I spent a little time outside the hotel on a bench. Mostly white people in that area and I was approached 3 times if I wanted "party favors". All three times they were black.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:46 PM

2,418 posts, read 1,449,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Nothing's going to happen unless we get big money out of politics. And as long as huge numbers of African Americans refuse to vote for candidates that are not puppets of big money, the problems will persist. Why not actually fight to get big money out of politics so politicians can serve the people and not the big money people?
Well, I don't know how to get big money out of politics. The only thing I directly see in fighting against it is having money of your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Then it will not change until blacks themselves change it. Look, we whites have our fair share of idiots and criminals too, but there is a huge difference in how we view them vs how blacks view their problem people. When some white breaks the law, we other whites are all over the police to arrest them and get them off the streets. We will cooperate to the fullest, and provide the police with whatever assistance we can to do their job. That does not happen in the black communities.

It seems that blacks have this code of silence when it comes to ratting out other blacks. We see it time and time again, where the police are trying to conduct an investigation, and no one will come forward to help them get the bad guys. Locally, we had a 5 year old boy killed in a driveby, and there were witnesses who could ID the killers. Yet, no one came forward, even the best friend of the grieving mother.

Every journey starts with that first step, and if you want to change things, you need to change the perception that a lot of us have that crime is a way of life in so many black communities. People like Barack Obama should be an inspiration to other blacks, not sure why he was not more successful in changing his own people's attitudes.
All this no snitching rule talk is besides the real issue in the black community. You are looking at the results of racism, saying the results are why black people in in the predicament their in. Black people can do what you say, and they will still be where they're at. This thing goes beyond what you're speaking. I agree black people who kill other black people should be locked up. They are on the same level as the KKK.

Now, I don't believe all 900,000 black people in prison are murderous thugs. I don't believe a great percentage of them are. That many black people in jail isn't the result of gangs or a no snitching rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
While I would agree there is going to be some bias in conviction/sentencing I certainly would not agree it's the primary reason for so many blacks being in jail. Murder statistics are not the type of crime that are going to be affected by bias unless you are going to suggest whites are going into black neighborhoods killing blacks. A dead body is a dead body.

This is by far the most heinous crime you can commit, does it stand to reason if blacks are more likely to commit this crime they would also be more likely to commit other violent crimes?
Well, I don't believe there are hundreds of thousands of black murderers in jail. I don't believe there are hundreds of thousands of black hard nose criminals in jail. Just speaking on how many white people there are in this country versus black, I strongly believe there are more of those types of people who are white than black. Yet, there are more black people in jail. There are more black people in jail than there are people in jail in almost all countries in the world. You can't get those numbers unless there is major racism going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It's not insane at all. It's just a fact. And stopping being so self-centered. What about all the rest of us who have to live with such astonishing amounts of crime? Don't try to turn the criminals into the victims.
I encourage you to go watch "Slavery by another name" on youtube. After you do that answer this question for me. Were those convicts victims?

Old 02-25-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
That doesnt make any sense. Asians are labeled as white and hispanics (who can be of any race) are automatically labeled non-white?
For a lot of statistics Hispanic are often included in white.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Well, I don't believe there are hundreds of thousands of black murderers in jail.
You are not addressing the point I'm making. Would agree that murder rates are for the most part unbiased?

Old 02-25-2017, 01:49 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
The leading cause of incarceration of an African American male is a non-violent drug offense (68,000 of the 501,300 African Americans incarcerated was a result of drug offences.) www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/node/64
  1. Between 1985 and 1995 the American prison population of drug offenders increased from 38,900 to 224,900 with African American males at the top.
Another fast fact: There are more African American men incarcerated in the U.S. than the total prison populations in India, Argentina, Canada, Lebanon, Japan, Germany, Finland, Israel and England combined." There are only 19 million African American males in the United States, collectively these countries represent over 1.6 billion people.

On a better note: the high school drop out rate for African Americans has dropped: From 22 percent in 1972 to 9 percent in 2006. (no further years/study found)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statis...American_males

Old 02-25-2017, 01:53 PM

2,418 posts, read 1,449,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You are not addressing the point I'm making. Would agree that murder rates are for the most part unbiased?
I would imagine they are unbiased. Though whatever your point is, how does a murder rate represent the enormous amount of black people in jail? That is my point. If the rate shows black people commit more murder on average, okay. That would be a problem in the black community.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:56 PM

243 posts, read 220,935 times
There are black police officers , judges , Congress men , you name it , we have a diversity . Are you saying those black officials are also targeting blacks?

What you and all other black and all other people of any race need to do ....is focus on YOU . You are an individual , not a race bonded to one another by skin color .

Old 02-25-2017, 01:56 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I didn't ask to be presented with what Humane Watch thinks, I asked for cold, hard statistics. What are those people in for, all 900,000. Until we have those facts, what is there to discuss besides emotions?
So look it up. Drugs are a big item and illustrate the point. There should be about the same percentage of Blacks and Whites in jail for drug crimes. Here is a gross look...

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/p15.pdf

So 50% of Blacks in Federal custody are drug related. And it would appear that they get incarcerated at roughly three times the rate of Whites though it is generally agreed that drug use is about the same in both populations.

Get into the state systems and the big Black problem is violent crime. Again though I think there are gross inequities in sentences.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:59 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
I encourage you to go watch "Slavery by another name" on youtube. After you do that answer this question for me. Were those convicts victims?
Don't change the subject. The rest of us pay a huge price for black criminality. You need to acknowledge that if you want any kind of productive dialogue with the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies