Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 07:12 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times

Advertisements

We need to get to the heart of why they feel so attacked.

Who is attacking them? And why?

I know the answers will be quite interesting. But please share.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:18 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Trump supporters feel attacked? So much irony in that statement.

Beat me to it.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:21 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Sadly i rarely post on this site anymore. Too much hatred and i got sick of being name called. I will give this thread a chance though. (I voted for trump)

The real reasons hillary lost (trump didnt win)

For me i was a never hillary and never bush guy so whoever was against those two was getting my vote. Thank god it wasnt those 2 as choices. Yes if it was jeb vs bernie this conservative would have voted Bernie. I believe this belief was HUGE amongst Trump voters.

Blow it all up! We wanted someone to blow up how things are done in DC. Trump is the man for that.

Finally people dont like it when it's assumed someone will win before the vote is in. They will stay home as a protest or vote against just in spite.
I agree, everyone is attacking and civil conversation has stopped. It is frustrating on both ends. I do think a shakeup needs to happen. I however cannot stand Trump. his actions so far has endangered America. I don't think he is the right person.

I knew election night early in Trump would win. Everyone thought I was being nuts.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:24 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Trump supporters feel attacked? So much irony in that statement.
While I agree with you, you also have to hear what they are saying. They feel attacked for the last eight years. I personally don't see it, but if here are random people feeling like this, you can't discount their perception.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:47 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Every Trump supporter I know,and there are many, who voted Trump trust him,like him and support him 100%.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:57 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
We need to get to the heart of why they feel so attacked.

Who is attacking them? And why?

I know the answers will be quite interesting. But please share.
Hillary calling us deplorables. McCain calling us CRAZIES. That is OK. Trump defended us against McCain and Hillary. Trump is no wimp.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:05 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
He blatantly lies more then any other presidential candidate ever has.
He can not help himself. He has been lying all his life. He does it reflexively, without an examination of conscience nor any remorse.

He is not so much a deal maker as a poker player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I get that many Trump voters are afraid. That's obvious.
The Republican Party has been fear-mongering for a long time, even as the nation has been getting safer and safer over the last couple of decades.

The important thing, to quote Ruidy Giuliani, is that "people feel less safe", and that is the sordid work of the Republican Party and it's surrogates like Fox fake News. So the people will vote their fears.

Fear mongering is a sin.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:37 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The problem here is twofold, #1 - illegal immigration has declined considerably over the past decade. The literal hordes walking across the desert is a thing of the past. And #2 - like it or not the American economy has a strong reliance on illegal immigrants. No American is going to do the jobs they do for $7.25 an hour.

Everyone - up to and including Jeb Bush - wants to protect our borders. What people do not want is mass Gestapo style roundups of anyone and everyone who looks Hispanic.

Trump supporters wonder why they are called racists, well here's why. Because you are if these are the arguments your using, your making it obvious that the only reason you are so up in arms about illegal immigration is solely because most illegals happen to be Hispanic.
#1- I do not believe this statement to be true.

#2- then employers need to pay more than $7.25 an hour. I refuse to support the enabling of illegal immigrants.

What did Jeb Bush do exactly that makes you say he wants to protect our borders? Marco Rubio was a proud member of the Gang of 8. Ted Cruz stood on the border with Glenn Beck and handed out Teddy Bears to those non-existent hordes walking across our border. John Kasich promised an amnesty within 100 days of his inaugaration.

There are other things I could mention for my voting for Trump. But I am curious .... do you think Hispanic illegals should get a pass because they are Hispanic? I don't.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:42 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
That does not make it less true.
Quote:
#2- then employers need to pay more than $7.25 an hour.
Mr Trump at one time agreed with you. He has since walked that back after gaining the Republican nomination.

Quote:
I refuse to support the enabling of illegal immigrants.
I agree with you.

The thing is, elements of the business community have been providing the jobs. It has worked out for them, and they support the Republican party generally. It is very easy to abuse the undocumented, very often employers can ignore labor laws with them, laws which the Republican party has been trying to roll back since their inception.

Now the economy has expanded to include these people, and wrenching 11 million consumers out of the economy would be quite a shock. For example, it would affect the used car market, and the used home market to mention two areas. In general every dollar they make gets recycled quickly into the economy, it is part of the economic engine.

These people also generally pay taxes for which they never get get an opportunity to claim their refunds for overpayment.

Quote:
.... do you think Hispanic illegals should get a pass because they are Hispanic?
The issue would be the same if they were French or Germans or Russians.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:14 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Quote:

#2- then employers need to pay more than $7.25 an hour. I refuse to support the enabling of illegal immigrants.

What did Jeb Bush do exactly that makes you say he wants to protect our borders? Marco Rubio was a proud member of the Gang of 8. Ted Cruz stood on the border with Glenn Beck and handed out Teddy Bears to those non-existent hordes walking across our border. John Kasich promised an amnesty within 100 days of his inaugaration.

There are other things I could mention for my voting for Trump. But I am curious .... do you think Hispanic illegals should get a pass because they are Hispanic? I don't.
Statement #1 is no less true because you don't believe it. Look up the statistics.

5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S. | Pew Research Center

Quote:
“Despite the claims of an ever-rising, out-of-control US undocumented population,” said Donald Kerwin, CMS’s Executive Director, “the number of undocumented has fallen each year since 2008. In addition, the number and percentage of foreign-born persons with legal status has increased. These trends should be applauded by partisans on all sides of the immigration debate.”
While I agree with #2, you can stop the employers from hiring illegal immigrants and make it more likely that they will have to pay more if you get them to all use e-verify. Many employers do use it. Fascinating that the states that complain most are the ones that refuse to pass legislation requiring this:

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/l...rify-laws.html

You can also report businesses anonymously yourself.

How to Anonymously Report Employers Hiring Undocumented Immigrants | Chron.com

If people can't get work, then they will not immigrate. Note that in Houston, most of the lawn services and construction builders seem to employ many illegals. I guess our housing boom would go away if we could not get the cheaper workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies