Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 09:04 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This wasn't a law but an Obama administration directive put into place near the end of his last term. Congress is using the unusual procedure that gives them oversight of the administration that allows them to nix regulations and rules made by the administration.

Furthermore this directive would have inevitably found it's way to the courts. I don't see how it could survive considering the fact you are stripping constitutionally guaranteed rights from someone without a hearing.
This is the big issue, stripping rights from a blanket group of people with no due process. Those that have a problem with it might want to take a closer look at themselves and their beliefs.

And the Social Security Administration has no business being involved in gun control schemes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 09:05 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That's not how it works. You think I can walk into my local social security office and just tell the clerk that I'm
Mentally illl and collect my 2k a month in disability payments?

I know one thing, if you are feeling a little nutty and fear losing your guns you aren't going to tell anyone a damn thing.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:07 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
If you have no business buying a gun then you have no business in society at all.
I'd be more afraid of a crazy person in a truck than one with a gun.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:26 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Once again, if they are too dangerous to own firearms, please keep them in prison or hospital.

We used to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinst..._United_States

Old 02-28-2017, 09:31 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
This!!! If someone with a felony conviction is too dangerous to rent an apartment or get a decent job, why are they allowed in public?

The same goes for someone with mental illness. If they are too dangerous to own a firearm, why are they allowed to drive?

Dangerous people should be behind bars. Anyone else should have the same freedoms as Bob, Joe, and Sally.
Been there done that...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinst..._United_States

Old 02-28-2017, 09:36 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
If you have no business buying a gun then you have no business in society at all.
You guys seem to live in alternate universe where the only people out running around are mentally sound. We are talking about people who are too sick to hold down a job, or even manage their own disability check. They maybe should not be running around, but they ARE, and we can only act on the reality that we live in.

This debate is starting to remind me of the birth control debate where some people keep insisting that instead of providing birth control, we should just expect everyone who isn't ready to have a child to stop humping. That's is never going to happen. Maybe it should, but it is not going to, so you mitigate the situation be cause that is reality.

We just don't live in should.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:38 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'd be more afraid of a crazy person in a truck than one with a gun.
It sounds like an accident, but I just heard a vehicle ran through a high school marching band in Gulf Shores Alabama.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:42 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I guess this is some juvenile attempt to insult me.

That puts you BELOW the worst of your side.
Wow - - your reading comprehension skills are awful. You might take that as an insult. The original statement was meant as a positive because there are many disgusting Sandy Hook deniers.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
In 1850, if the slaves had rifles, shotguns, cannons and pistols, would they have been called slaves?

Think about that, when you wish to disarm me, of the very weapons your Masters have.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:53 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Wow - - your reading comprehension skills are awful. You might take that as an insult. The original statement was meant as a positive because there are many disgusting Sandy Hook deniers.
What's a Sandy Hook denier?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies