Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 01:12 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Commonplace? When did a gang of blacks do this to a white family at a children's function?
Seriously? The internet is full of accounts of roving blacks assaulting people at family events. In some places it's an annual tradition.
Quote:
TAMPA — An atmosphere of family fun at the Florida State Fair was trampled Friday night by a crowd of young people carrying out an annual practice known as wilding, sheriff's investigators said...
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, which provides fair security, planned for the annual stampede but deputies quickly became overwhelmed as a small group of running teens swelled to hundreds of people running and pushing everyone and everything in their path, Sheriff's Col. Jim Previtera said.
'Wilding' youths overwhelmed deputies at state fair | TBO.com

Old 03-05-2017, 11:45 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's white. The picture of him makes that obvious.

Commonplace? When did a gang of blacks do this to a white family at a children's function?
Some Hispanics ARE "white" looking at those people. I knew a dude of Portuguese family who looked like Swede with the blond hair, blue eyes and pasty skin.

Back to our white supremacist Latino here: Torres def needed to have the book through at him, leveling a gun at 8 YO kids who were NOT throwing rocks and so on is despicable. Period.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:27 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Seriously? The internet is full of accounts of roving blacks assaulting people at family events. In some places it's an annual tradition.

'Wilding' youths overwhelmed deputies at state fair | TBO.com
I think we have the reason why said persons are not being given harder time in prison. They are minors and therefore, treated as such according to the law. This is why gang leaders use kids to do their bidding. The kids don't do hard time in most places. Now, if this had happened in Texas, or Georgia, well, different story.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Some Hispanics ARE "white" looking at those people. I knew a dude of Portuguese family who looked like Swede with the blond hair, blue eyes and pasty skin.

Back to our white supremacist Latino here: Torres def needed to have the book through at him, leveling a gun at 8 YO kids who were NOT throwing rocks and so on is despicable. Period.
True. Argentina is considered a Hispanic country, and it's 97% White, whiter than the USA. Alot of people in Argentina have ancestry that isn't even Spanish. Ancestry such as German, Italian, French, Irish,etc. Some Nazis found refuge in Argentina and Chile.

In college I met an Argentinian woman who was of Jewish background. She had blue eyes and sandy-colored hair. Looked like any other White person in Georgia.

Torres is a psycho. And a coward. He works just like any of the other bigots around. He went after those who he knew could not put up a fight. It's no accident he didn't go around some grown men living in south Atlanta. Someone might get him in prison. Commit crimes against children and you get your posterior handed to you behind bars by other inmates.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:36 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Ok what they did was wrong but the prison sentences were way too harsh in my opinion. I don't think they intended to kill anyone and there is always this bias against the rebel flag. A lot of Southerners also feel their culture besieged with the culture of political correctness coming from the government, Hollywood and the liberal mainstream media.

I think for what happened maybe a year in prison would be appropriate plus probation and community service.

Think about the fact that a lot of the ghetto protesters in Baltimore who were convicted of actual violent acts including arson and aggravated assault against police got shorter sentences than these two.
Threatening a child with a shotgun? Yeah, people are mean to the south... that's the conclusion to reach here.

I'll agree that the sentence is too long. I hold the view that most sentences given are too long across the board anyway. The US prison system is crap; frankly, I think longer prison stays are at this point just counter productive.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:37 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Hopefully Obama and many in his administration will weep far more over their own future situation.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:08 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Hopefully Obama and many in his administration will weep far more over their own future situation.
Well, isn't that special.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:17 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Strange this didn't get more press back in 2015. Evidently this group was riding around town with their confederate flags and guns pointing them at groups of blacks, it's a shame they didn't charge more of the group.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:04 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Strange this didn't get more press back in 2015. Evidently this group was riding around town with their confederate flags and guns pointing them at groups of blacks, it's a shame they didn't charge more of the group.
IMHO things could've gotten real weird there since not all the people in that gang were "anglo white". There's Torres and maybe a few others who may've been "people of color".

Old 03-05-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Considering that this was around the time of the Charleston shooting, this should have gotten more traction. Then again, many things do not get traction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies