Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 03:46 PM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Lynch admitted it, and immediately said she regretted it.
Sessions purgered himself (Twice) and let it fester for weeks.

If lying under oath about a BJ was enough to impeach Clinton, then it seems that lying about talking to our enemy should certainly be enough to raise concerns about Sessions.

I did see he recused himself from the investigation. Good on him, that was the right thing to do, for the reasons he gave. I respect that.

Lynch at first denied it then when the evidence emerged that the meeting did take place she told us all not to worry about a conflict of interest because "they only talked about their grandchildren". Ok like we are going to believe that?

There was evidence on Lynch. Where is the evidence on Sessions? Is there any hard evidence or just speculation that the Left is floating hoping to catch something?

It is fine that he recused himself but I sure hope he doesn't resign because the Dems are just going to keep circling sniffing for blood.

This whole Russian thing reminds me of an old saying, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"
Trump knows what he is doing and the Dems need to stop the attacks.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I get such a kick out of seeing the right wingers sputter in outrage--OUTRAGE!!!--about a "witch hunt" perpetrated by the left after four YEARS of witch hunting (Benghazi, anyone???) by the GOP.

What goes around comes around.

But I am so enjoying the outrage. Funny, funny stuff.
there is one glaring bit of reality here that you are overlooking, in the benghazi hearings, there was REAL evidence that clinton did not do her job, and that obama and the rest of his administration covered up.

with this russian thing there is NO evidence that anyone did anything wrong.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:48 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It was perfectly okay with the libs when Obama was caught on an open mic talking with Medvedev. Yet suddenly, they are so obsessed with accusing Trump and his staff of having nefarious (in their deranged minds) interactions with Russia.

Why was it okay for Obama? Why didn't they care about that?
I realize you all love to bring up how Obama told Medvedev he would have more flexibility after the election, but I am at a loss at why you all get your knickers in a knot over it. I've seen it posted on this forum dozens of times as examples of some sort of nefarious behavior.

Obama was POTUS and it was a true statement that he never denied or lied about.

And to compare it to what's coming to light now is nothing but nonsense.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:55 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
there is one glaring bit of reality here that you are overlooking, in the benghazi hearings, there was REAL evidence that clinton did not do her job, and that obama and the rest of his administration covered up.

with this russian thing there is NO evidence that anyone did anything wrong.
Oh, please. There were nine official Benghazi investigations and no wrong-doing was ever uncovered. But every time they reached that conclusion, instead of accepting the results, the Republicans initiated yet another "investigation." That, my friend, is the very definition of a witch hunt.

There is evidence that Sessions lied under oath. Bill Clinton was impeached for that, and I bet you were just fine with that, weren't you?

Karma is a *****.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:56 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I feel it is a witch hunt to destabilize the Trump administration.
They already took Michael Flynn out. Who is next?

The Left has attacked Kellyanne Conway several times in an attempt to delegitimize her and this is the latest.
Kellyanne Conway puts feet on Oval Office couch; Twitter freaks

Is it really news worthy that she put her feet on the couch?? How soon they forget what Bill Clinton was doing in the oval office...

There is a double standard.
I'm sure MontClair will claim that as one of the list of things the agitators have achieved, like he did a few days or week earlier.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:57 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I realize you all love to bring up how Obama told Medvedev he would have more flexibility after the election, but I am at a loss at why you all get your knickers in a knot over it. I've seen it posted on this forum dozens of times as examples of some sort of nefarious behavior.

Obama was POTUS and it was a true statement that he never denied or lied about.

And to compare it to what's coming to light now is nothing but nonsense.
Sorry to hear that you hold double standards.

You were fine with Obama and what happened. Yet, you seem to look for any little thing to accuse Trump and his staff when it comes to Russia.

What is so bad in your fevered imagination about "what is coming to light"? You need to explain it all in great detail---or else you've got nothing---which is exactly what previous investigations into this issue have found---nothing.

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 03-02-2017 at 04:14 PM..

Old 03-02-2017, 04:00 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:

If lying under oath about a BJ was enough to impeach Clinton, then it seems that lying about talking to our enemy should certainly be enough to raise concerns about Sessions.

I did see he recused himself from the investigation. Good on him, that was the right thing to do, for the reasons he gave. I respect that.
Apparently he did not lie under oath.

Lynch meets with clinton against all legal ethucs and says it was all about family.....and the media went with that and allowed Lynch a pass.

USAG holder falsified a warrant. judge shopped to spy on a journalist and sufferred no conswquence form the media or legal system.

Harry reid lied about mitt and sufferrred no consequence.

HRC lied her azz off, was condemned by the FBI director and somehow got away form legal and media consequences.

The current herd that calls themselves, dems, is lacking moral, ethical and human decency . they have clearly demonstrated repulsive behavior, which has been endorsed by the media.

Obama can whisper wsweet nthings to putin and withold defensive missles to Poland all to please Putin and not a peep from the media or dems.

Only hope any investigation is expanded to include hrc, obama and schummer

Old 03-02-2017, 04:03 PM

1,400 posts, read 864,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Dems and Liberal media are still beating the Sessions/Russian ties drums to no end and it sure is getting old. Do they actually have evidence or are they trying to make a mole hill into a mountain?

Who cares? Really? Does it matter if Sessions talked to the Russian ambassador? Yet they are on a witch hunt for him.

I believe what Obamas AG Loretta Lynch did on the tarmac with Bill Clinton while Mrs Clinton was under investigation was far worse than the suspicion that Sessions spoke with the Russians.

Is there a double standard going on here or am I alone in thinking this?

Just what do the Dems think Sessions said to Russia that they now want his head or are they systematically trying to take Trumps people down on Trumped up charges?
The dems are acting like Sessions' meeting with the Russian ambassador was a covert operation. LOL, it occurred in his office with staff members present for crying out loud!

I'm actually starting to think that the Russians preferred Hillary. They approached several of Trump's surrogates just to make him look guilty of conspiring with them, when in reality they wanted HRC to win. Remember, all of this Russian stuff came out well before the election. From the Russian perspective, even if they were to fail and Trump got elected, their mission would still damage public confidence in our political process. They knew Trump would bolster are nation's defense, while HRC could be easily manipulated. The KGB's fingerprints are all over this one, just in the opposite way that the media is spinning it.

Old 03-02-2017, 04:06 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Oh, please. There were nine official Benghazi investigations and no wrong-doing was ever uncovered. But every time they reached that conclusion, instead of accepting the results, the Republicans initiated yet another "investigation." That, my friend, is the very definition of a witch hunt.

There is evidence that Sessions lied under oath. Bill Clinton was impeached for that, and I bet you were just fine with that, weren't you?

Karma is a *****.
Did you vote for Clinton? Did it bother you that she lied to congress? Under oath?

Old 03-02-2017, 04:09 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
The barista explained it to you wrong. Watch the video on YouTube and you'll see that Sessions did NOT lie when he answered Franken's horribly convoluted question that stretched on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies