Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 09:39 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times

Advertisements

Who elected Kushner? When has he had a similar job working for the country? That's what I thought. ( crickets)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 09:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Who elected Kushner? When has he had a similar job working for the country? That's what I thought. ( crickets)

Could be perfectly innocent, maybe he's just looking to go international with his slumlord operation?

Old 05-29-2017, 09:48 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Too many generals in this admin. Kelly and McMasters have surprised me as boot lickers (not sure on Mattis yet). McMasters seemed to defend Kushner at the non-video press briefing in Italy; Kelly sounded like a nut today on TV....how can he say a secret line btx Kushner and Putin is OK????

I'm starting to wonder if the Paranoid President picked generals so if he is threatened with impeachment or actually impeached, that he will have these Cabinet generals take over the military and impose martial law to stay in office.

I realize that this makes me sound paranoid. But this horror show is so damn scary and getting worse every day. It's as if NOTHING MATTERS but ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.
Some of us who've been around for a while remember "Anything Can Happen Day" on the original Mickey Mouse Club. I think it was Wednesday (each day had a theme).

I feel as if we presently are living in a combination of "Groundhog Day" and "Anything Can Happen Day", in a dystopian Donald Trump Club.

Everyday is "Anything Can Happen Day"...incessantly.

"Who's the leader of the club
That's not for you and me??
D-O-N...
A-L-D...
T-R-U-M-P!"

(Forever let us ask ourselves, "Why? - Why??, Why???, Why????")

Old 05-29-2017, 05:07 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,705 times
Fox news tries to put a spin on the matter of Kushner, when its such an insidious act for them to make such an attempt. Fox wants to claim the Russian brought up the "back channel"... which is absurd, when Intelligence Intercept have the message the Russian Diplomat sent to the Kremlin..
If Russia has suggest the back channel,. there would have been no need for the Russian Diplomat to send a dispatch to the Kremlin...

Fox plays its audience to be foolish, and know they will fall for anything to divert the attention and try and deflect the facts. It's so insidious that it tells what they think of their audience.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:45 PM

158 posts, read 107,139 times
Default Kushner didn't suggest Russian communications channel

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/29/jared-kushner-didnt-suggest-russian-communications-channel-in-meeting-source-says.html]Jared Kushner didn't suggest Russian communications channel in meeting, source says | Fox News[/url]

Another FAKE NEWS story thrown in the trash heap. Big surprise. I don't even like Kushner I think he should be removed from the WH and go back to raising his kids with Ivanka and let Bannon run the WH but can't let the fake news go without being challenged.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:48 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueFreak View Post
Jared Kushner didn't suggest Russian communications channel in meeting, source says | Fox News

Another FAKE NEWS story thrown in the trash heap. Big surprise. I don't even like Kushner I think he should be removed from the WH and go back to raising his kids with Ivanka and let Bannon run the WH but can't let the fake news go without being challenged.
There are so many things wrong with all of that that I simply do not know where to start, oh well.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:55 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
Hey,, wait a second... this piece gets its info from an "unnamed source"... I suppose all those that rant against unnamed sources will call this what they call all news with unnamed sources: FAKE NEWS!

Old 05-29-2017, 08:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Inside Obama’s Secret Outreach to Russia
The U.S. has been working behind the scenes for months to forge a new working relationship with Russia, even enlisting Henry Kissinger.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...each-to-russia

Leading the charge has been Secretary of State John Kerry. This fall, Kerry even proposed going to Moscow and meeting with Putin directly. The negotiations over Kerry’s trip got to the point of scheduling, but ultimately were scuttled because there was little prospect of demonstrable progress.

In a separate attempt at outreach, the White House turned to an old friend of Putin’s for help. The White House called on former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger to discuss having him call Putin directly, according to two officials. It’s unclear whether Kissinger actually made the call. The White House and Kissinger both refused to comment for this column.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:37 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The U.S. has been working behind the scenes for months to forge a new working relationship with Russia, even enlisting Henry Kissinger.

Leading the charge has been Secretary of State John Kerry. This fall, Kerry even proposed going to Moscow and meeting with Putin directly. The negotiations over Kerry’s trip got to the point of scheduling, but ultimately were scuttled because there was little prospect of demonstrable progress.

In a separate attempt at outreach, the White House turned to an old friend of Putin’s for help. The White House called on former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger to discuss having him call Putin directly, according to two officials. It’s unclear whether Kissinger actually made the call. The White House and Kissinger both refused to comment for this column.
Did they refuse to comment because it was Fake News?

Old 05-29-2017, 08:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Not only that, it gets worse.... REALLY WORSE - CBS reported

President-elect Barack Obama's team established a back-channel, clandestine dialogue with the Palestinian militant group Hamas.
U.S. intelligence agencies could be used as a channel for communications with Hamas — communications which would likely never be acknowledged.

Obama To Open Back-Channel With Hamas? - CBS News

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ama-gaza-hamas

Both liberal sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies