Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2017, 03:59 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,906,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Are you not watching the news... The Rise in Right Winger Attacks on People is very very high, since Trump and his Belligerence set that tone. I'm sure Fox and Right Wing media does not carry that news.
Fallacy: Projection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 04:01 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/28/u...n-twitter.html

Yeah....how about no. Its not even remotely a good thing. This sort of spin makes me pretty certain the story is true, and pretty sure that more and more is going to come out.

Who wants to lay odds on another bombshell report before the end of day Tuesday?
Have they said it didn't happen?

Usually these stories start out with how it never happened.

Then we move on to if it happened, it's not illegal.

Then we wander around how its a good thing before we finally get to can't recall.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:09 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,404,541 times
Trump sounds desperate as sin in his tweets. The man comes across like a fish flapping on the deck of a fishing boat. He is really speaking to those that have drank his Kool-aid or want to hold their offices at the expense of the good of the country.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Kushner is not an elected official and can back channel with the Russians all he wants but he should not get security clearance! That would be common sense.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:17 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,909,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Kushner is not an elected official and can back channel with the Russians all he wants but he should not get security clearance! That would be common sense.
Kushner asked the Russians if he could make the calls FROM the Russian Embassy. That's not a back channel...that's treasonous. The Russian ambassador was evidently so taken aback by the offer that he had to ask Moscow what the next move should be.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:17 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
It is very much related, because Trump wants to void out, Regulations, not only on the environment but on banking. If you'd read the piece about his void out the necessity to report where minerals originate, then you will understand. Review what is "conflict diamonds" to give you and example.
Also, grasp what is Natural Resources, and how countries could sell for example "oil" on the black market if there is no regulatory governance over designating where it originated from.

Thinking is wonderful when it relates to pay attention. Kushner, family has already tried to use the Office to drum up investors, by seeking to abuse the EB_5 Visa Program, and Trump singed a document, just before their sales pitch went forth in China. "Reading is a wonderful thing" when one acknowledges what they read.
Russian Money is deeply embedded in this mess, and Kushner followed up his meeting with a Russian Banker, who is tied to Putin, within the cycle of trying to get a back door secrecy program.

The post, you mention is not only relative it is critical.. but it equally so can stand on its own to become a distinct thread... But, to say it is not relevant, is simply not true.
Read Tinawina's post and my post that you are replying to above....I know it's hard, as you just want to read your own thoughts. I didn't write anything either way about validity or lack of validity about your thoughts about Trump. If you think that my using the word rant addresses the validity or lack of validity of your content, then you need to look up the definition of the word rant (hint: It doesn't). I wrote that your rant about Trump...which was a reply to Tinawina....didn't include anything relative to/about the particular subject matter in Tinawina's post, or for that matter really any attempt to relate to Tinawina's post at all. But of course you didn't see that, because all you were looking at/concerned with was how your post related to Trump's behavior, not the poster (Tinawina) or post you were 'replying' to.

Trump probably is a narcissist, but you really should look in a mirror. Pot meet kettle.

Last edited by RMESMH; 05-28-2017 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: ADDED ONE WORD

Old 05-28-2017, 04:18 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,662,025 times
The clock is ticking...

Old 05-28-2017, 04:30 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
He probably felt he could kick everyone out of that room and have a little one on one with Comey and there would be no harm.
Interesting. When I first heard about that meeting, I thought the exact same thing. Irrespective of the 'lack of knowledge about the workings of government' angle, IMO, that shows that Trump doesn't have a clue about Comey's makeup/what makes Comey tick.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:37 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,814,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

I am sure that Trump himself is not treasonous. I think some of his appointees are skating very close to the line though.
I lean towards this read of things.

I think Russia wanted to influnce Trump (not unusual, nations try to meddle to protect their own interests), looked for someone on the inside to help them out, and maybe found a couple of folks willing to start conversations.

I do think they did get someone to talk Trump into dealing with Russia differently, and to persuade him to look at at NATO differently, something Russia has been trying to get to happen since forever.

Trump may not even know that happened, or even realize it was a big deal, to him he's just skirting around "silly rules" to cut deals.

But of course, it's possible lines were crossed and laws were broken.

It's worrying, but not as scary to me as the weakening of alliances formed by NATO that have been keeping Russia (and a bunch of other folks) in check. Merkel's speech today truly terrified me. I've said it before, but I don't the the US is ready for what happens when the rest of the world starts moving on without us. We are way too arrogant, we've been on top so long we don't think we can lose out place on the power line. These folks are going to be enraged when they figure it out.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:01 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Read Tinawina's post and my post that you are replying to above....I know it's hard, as you just want to read your own thoughts. I didn't write anything either way about validity or lack of validity about your thoughts about Trump. If you think that my using the word rant addresses the validity or lack of validity of your content, then you need to look up the definition of the word rant (hint: It doesn't). I wrote that your rant about Trump...which was a reply to Tinawina....didn't include anything relative to/about the particular subject matter in Tinawina's post, or for that matter really any attempt to relate to Tinawina's post at all. But of course you didn't see that, because all you were looking at/concerned with was how your post related to Trump's behavior, not the poster (Tinawina) or post you were 'replying' to.

Trump probably is a narcissist, but you really should look in a mirror. Pot meet kettle.
I read her post, she started out speaking of how Trump is not that complicated. To that I said, he should go back and look at the 1980's, De-Regulations and the End Results of what it devastated in a broad ranges of business and industry.
she spoke of his ignoring protocol's and doing what he wants. I further expounded on the results of ignoraing regulations and again referenced the mess de-regulation presented as in being: "that is the driving reason why the 1980's regulatory situations was a mess, and follow that up with the regulatory roll backs Trump is promoting. the results will become nothing more than a repeat of the 1980's. If you understood what she said, 'she said he
Quote:
He's always treated established laws as something to work around, and he's never observed the traditions of the world he was raised in.

My response to your comment, was as it stated, "relevant" because it re-asserts the point I made about disbanding regulations and / or "working around" regulations is not good for the American system, its economy nor its people".

Then I addressed examples of regulations he has tried to change with executive orders.

Now, I don't know what you expected as to a response to her comment from me. I do think, you just as well could have made comment to what she wrote and express your views as to what you gleaned from what she wrote. I did not state any disagreement to what she wrote.

As to your comment to me. I give you commentary as to how I see what I wrote as being relevant. as to any reference to what I write in labels as "rants". I don't let that affect me as to what other people call what I write. If you look back over my post, that will be very evident.

You choose not to accept it as it does not fit what you seek, thus you want to make accusations against me. I find that rather odd. In an interactive forum, there will be many perspectives about what is posted. One can't meet others expectations nor be diminished by the labels others seek to assert. I just write what I want. That is not likely to make much of a change, other than I work to get better at what ever it is I do as an ongoing process.

I see nothing that would prevent you from easily just writing out your commentary reply to what she wrote, since you gleaned another aspects from it.

As to what I ignore or don't, If I had wanted to "ignore your comment", I could have ignored your comment to me, but I gave you the regard of a reply comment with aims of clarity of perspective of my commentary, and you disagree, which is your right, but you still have not made your reply commentary to her post? So, what is it that you are actually seeking?

I fully get many of the comments by various people, who speak of Trumps inexperience in government. I however feel, that he should have learned more, considering the inordinate amount of time he spent condemning Obama and the his comments even so of Bush,... One should not be so vocal and adamant when they have no true understanding of the governance system and the internal laws that manage and regulate how things are done and what can and cannot be done within our governance systems and knowing what are the processes. As well too, looking back at historical moves and what has resulted. It is very valid to say, look at the 1980's and the 1990's as well, because the systemic issues had carry over effect. Therefore, to speak of his disregard for regulatory systems, management and process, of which she alluded to, is very much relevant to her commentary. This is not private business with a single owner, this is the United States Government, far bigger than any man.

[Font]I make critique in my work about many elements of and within our system, but I study the departments and divisions and processes within their work and what they do, what they can and can't do legally and under regulatory process as well as overall operationally before I make my critique into documented or expressed form. When I do make critique, it is substantiated with documentation and reference material, and over many years I'm highly respected for engaging such detail and manner in my works.
I can't take responsibility because some participating members of this site are less inclined to deal with details.
Because I also know, some members are and some do care to deal with the intellectual elements of subject material details. [/font] This website does not only reach local people, it reaches people all across America as well as people from various countries around the world who fit many categories..

Last edited by Chance and Change; 05-28-2017 at 05:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies