Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 02:11 PM

4 posts, read 9,196 times

Advertisements

Did I say "all jobs were lost to automation"?

You're putting words in my mouth bro LOL....man seriosuly, driverless cars, trailers and even tractors, drones and real estate apps that can scan a buyer's ID to confirm identity and run a background check. All of that technology will come around and wipe millions of jobs as they disrupt the real estate, truck driving, cabs, insurance, collision repair, etc industries and you people will still blame it on tacos!!!! Lol.

Really, trump supporters are id$&&:;s

I'm sorry but Trump scored a big scam with all of you ignorants. Not that it was his first scam either but certainly his biggest one!

Old 03-04-2017, 02:54 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipop-licking View Post
Did I say "all jobs were lost to automation"?

You're putting words in my mouth bro LOL....man seriosuly, driverless cars, trailers and even tractors, drones and real estate apps that can scan a buyer's ID to confirm identity and run a background check. All of that technology will come around and wipe millions of jobs as they disrupt the real estate, truck driving, cabs, insurance, collision repair, etc industries and you people will still blame it on tacos!!!! Lol.

Really, trump supporters are id$&&:;s

I'm sorry but Trump scored a big scam with all of you ignorants. Not that it was his first scam either but certainly his biggest one!
I think the OP is leaving LA partly for the reason of people like yourself.

In any case, I see you've only posted 4 times here/might not know all the rules on CD but if you want to talk politics, there's a forum for that and you can have a ball with trump this/that/the other thing and get it all out of your system there. If you keep talking about trump/politics here with nothing to do with Phoenix, you're going to shut this thread down. And I don't think the OP would appreciate that.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:17 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,376 times
Not every gay person is a one issue voter. Trump and/or Pence will not get everything he wants. I don't feel terrified to be who I am, a married, gay, Trump supporter for a host of reasons. One important reason is his trying to keep out terrorists who'd throw gays off a roof, stone gays to death, and harass and rape our women who don't walk around under a large tent. Hillary Clinton made no secret that she wanted many more of them here. The contrast was clear, and the people voted in Trump.
And where I live, there are numerous bakeries. If one doesn't want my business, he can take his cake and shove it, I'll find one who does want my business. Not that I've every experienced this, ever. Besides, do you really want to buy food from someone who doesn't want to provide it to you? How many youtube videos are out there showing fast food workers spiking the food for a customer they dislike?

Old 03-04-2017, 03:25 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Hey Steve,

The OP allowed for this political conversation to occur by opening the door. He mentioned Trump in his original post and as you can see my first message was a direct response to the 6 politicized points he posted previously.

If he did not want to have a political conversation, then he should not have mentioned Trump. He knows, or he should know, that bringing up Trump in a conversation is a direct invitation for opposing views due to how controveesial his presidency is. It is what it is. Period.

And I agree that this post should be closed as it is obvious that the OP wrote this thread with the intend to start a political conversation. Let's close it now!
You're distorting as 99% of his post was very specific on Phoenix except the bolded line below about trump:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
I'm going to be headed to Phoenix in a little over a week with my husband. We're a gay couple.
I was looking to get people's input and advice.

I have lived in Los Angeles for 8 years now. I love the weather and I'm an avid hiker and like going out to the mountains here on my days off work. For the last couple years I have been thinking about moving. Mainly because I'm not really into going out and partying anymore and the cost of living in LA is crazy. I can afford to buy a place but since I'm getting sort of sick of living here I decided to keep renting until I can figure it out.

I've looked at moving to other cities such as Portland Oregon but since I'm outdoorsy I don't think I can handle the rain. I have spent a lot of time in the desert (mainly Palm Springs area) including in the middle of summer when it's 110+ out and still enjoyed hiking and being active. I think my body can tolerate it more than most people.

Main reasons why I'm considering Phoenix:

The weather - I hear the summers can be unbearable for some people but again I enjoy the heat and it doesn't seem to phase me.

The accessibility of nature, the mountains, and outdoor activities. From my research I see there's lots of good hiking in the Phoenix area. I'm planning on checking out Camelback (I know this is like an urban hike) and also going to head out to Tonto National Forest. Any suggestions for must do hikes are appreciated.

Cost of living. The cost of housing in Phoenix is mind blowing after looking at LA for the last couple years; you really get a lot more for your money.

This last one is kind of a funny one. I'm a huge Trump Supporter and I'm starting to hate being surrounded by all these crazy liberals in Los Angeles.

I'll be staying near the Roosevelt district just north of downtown. I see there are lots of cool shops and galleries in this area. Any other suggestions for places to check out? I'm pretty low key but enjoy more urban or rustic areas as oppose to cookie cutter houses. I'll also be heading to Tucson and Saguaro National Park, along with Sedona. Each place I've given myself 2 nights at. I've been to the Grand Canyon before and want to go back but can't squeeze it in this time.

Am I looking at things realistically? Thanks for your input and advice.
You chose to make a tiny sliver of the OP's post and make it all about trump. So if you want a potential citation from a moderator, that's your choice of course to continue. Just trying to help/point out the rules you might not be aware of.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
As a reminder, the people did NOT vote for trump. He won because around 100k more ignorants in WI, MI and PA voted for him so he won the electoral college. As a reminder, Hillary won the popular vote by almost 3 million people.
It's the electoral college that counts, whether you like the people who voted against your wishes or not.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:36 PM

Enough did vote for him, clearly since he was made President.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:57 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,727,785 times
OP don't worry about all the pro and anti Trump talk! Daily living here is really a live-and-let-live type of lifestyle. If you like Trump, good, if you don't good as long as you treat people decently you will not have any issues here.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:57 PM

656 posts, read 813,821 times
You will win for cost of living.

And as a hiker, you have many local ranges, firstly South Mountain, and then you are 90 minutes from The Rim (Payson), or the Bradshaw Mountains (Prescott).

Old 03-05-2017, 11:38 AM

1,043 posts, read 899,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
You will win for cost of living.

And as a hiker, you have many local ranges, firstly South Mountain, and then you are 90 minutes from The Rim (Payson), or the Bradshaw Mountains (Prescott).
Thanks for the tip.

I have 2 days in Phoenix. One day I was planning Camelback, Papago Park, and grabbing lunch and checking out some neighborhoods and head out for drinks that night.

The second day I wanted to a more intense hike (in the 10 miles range) with some elevation gains and views. I'm still on the fence about where to do this? Was thinking Tonto National Forest. Do you have any suggestions? Too many options and having a tough time picking one.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:05 PM

43 posts, read 48,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
And where I live, there are numerous bakeries. If one doesn't want my business, he can take his cake and shove it, I'll find one who does want my business.
So since you have numerous options, discrimination is okay? What happens when you live in a small town with only 1 or 2 bakeries?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies