Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 06:36 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You know what we do know? We know you Democrats lied about Russia and we know you won't admit it.
You may want to check again.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:25 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Guarantee? Who are you kidding, you guarantee squat. The Russian Fairy tale is a big, fat lie spread by Democrats and the MSM. All you're doing is spreading the lie. Even your leaders know it's a lie https://theintercept.com/2017/03/16/...sia-collusion/

You folks have let your hatred for Trump make you totally hysterical. I blame all of you for this madness.

Worse, you keep spreading the big lie.
I come here now and again, waiting for the coffee to start smelling. Time and again some of you stun me.

You're the victims? Trump is the victim? I...can't even.

What absolutely kills me about responses like yours, I mean it just hurts, is that I have to admit that the party I once held dear is out of its mind. If this was a Dem president we were talking about, there would already be an impeachment trial gearing up with or without evidence.

The hint of Russia near a president, not 20 years ago, would have driven the US citizens bonkers. Left, right, let the hangings begin. Now its lalala nothing to see here, not happening, move along.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:48 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The problem is that anyone who has seen Trump operate during the primaries and campaign knows that the only time Trump REALLY gets mad and defensive is when HE is personally attacked or when he perceives he is threatened....
He doens't give a flip about any of the people who are his surrogates or in his Cabinet--not really---and he certainly does not give a damn about the American people...
Narcissists only care about themselves....

I guarantee Trump KNOWS he is complicit in this Russian conversation---
Just like he KNOWS his election was won with the interference of the Russians hacking the DNC and others
Just as he KNOWS he has done illegal activities like money laundering and now violating the emolument clause of the Constitution...

Trump WANTS to create as much havoc and destruction as he can---
Bannon has promised him that he can RULE America if he follows Bannon's plan to create dissention and distrust of the press and the judiciary system, works to dismantle the State Dept and break America away from NATO and other alliances...to dismantle the democratic checks and balances that our country was built on...

Trump is doing all he can to create this much distrust, dissention, and havoc and he has no intention to stop
You hit the nail on the head with this post. Thanks

Old 03-17-2017, 08:08 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Good. Fox has one SANE analyst.
Poor guy. Must get lonely.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:10 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
I come here now and again, waiting for the coffee to start smelling. Time and again some of you stun me.

What absolutely kills me about responses like yours, I mean it just hurts, is that I have to admit that the party I once held dear is out of its mind. If this was a Dem president we were talking about, there would already be an impeachment trial gearing up with or without evidence.

The hint of Russia near a president, not 20 years ago, would have driven the US citizens bonkers. Left, right, let the hangings begin. Now its lalala nothing to see here, not happening, move along.
My husband is an Independent but often voted Republican. Last year for the first time he voted the straight Democratic ticket. He's disgusted by what's happened to the GOP.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:28 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post

So tell me, who created that hint of Russia around Trump? Who ginned up the whole gigantic lie in the first place. You bought the whole lie, hook line and sinker without blinking and have the audacity to tell us we're out of our minds?

Old 03-18-2017, 12:23 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Don't blame me, blame Fox. I just said what they said even though I have the ability to go straight to the source and find out the truth.
Yes, he sat around a long while, not expressing that up until now. It is so totally absurd how this began over his merely hearing something and repeating it. Now we have had two weeks of having what he reacted to and blurted out, being analyzed, scrutinized and focused upon. It has been downplayed, rebuked, denied, had no evidence of... yet, look at the power he has had in creating an uproar. Dear Lord... this needs to end, he needs to be tossed out. He is too childish, incapable, non-presidential and mentally unwell.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:30 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The problem is that anyone who has seen Trump operate during the primaries and campaign knows that the only time Trump REALLY gets mad and defensive is when HE is personally attacked or when he perceives he is threatened....
He doens't give a flip about any of the people who are his surrogates or in his Cabinet--not really---and he certainly does not give a damn about the American people...
Narcissists only care about themselves....

I guarantee Trump KNOWS he is complicit in this Russian conversation---
Just like he KNOWS his election was won with the interference of the Russians hacking the DNC and others
Just as he KNOWS he has done illegal activities like money laundering and now violating the emolument clause of the Constitution...

Trump WANTS to create as much havoc and destruction as he can---
Bannon has promised him that he can RULE America if he follows Bannon's plan to create dissention and distrust of the press and the judiciary system, works to dismantle the State Dept and break America away from NATO and other alliances...to dismantle the democratic checks and balances that our country was built on...

Trump is doing all he can to create this much distrust, dissention, and havoc and he has no intention to stop
Perfectly stated. I agree. Tick-tock....

Old 03-18-2017, 03:57 AM

27,134 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Well, to be fair to every thinking person in the world, there is a vast difference between "snooping around" and wiretapping Trump Tower.
To be fair, even if GCHQ had wiretapped Trump Tower they would not be breaking any laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telegraph

Well within GCHQ's power

Although the agency may have dismissed the claims, it does have the ability to carry out surveillance, such as wiretapping, overseas with little scrutiny. It is also known to be a friend of the US intelligence agencies.

GCHQ has been known to cooperate closely with the members of the Five Eyes group - the US, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. In the past, it has also been on the receiving end of funds from the US' National Security Agency to the tune of £100m, documents released by Edward Snowden revealed.

"We know that there is a very close collaboration between the UK and US intelligence agencies," said Javier Ruiz, policy director at the Open Rights Group. "There is nothing in UK law to stop GCHQ from conducting targeted interception of President Trump's communications before he became President – or even now."

Unlike in the UK, where GCHQ must obtain a ministerial warrant to monitor, hack or wiretap a person of interest, the organisation can do so abroad without official permission, according to a 2015 report from the Intelligence and Security Committee. This means it could technically monitor someone internationally even if they were not suspected of a crime.

This was suspected to have been the case two years ago when reports surfaced that GCHQ had been spying inside Angela Merkel's office. The agency denied claims that it had been monitoring the German Government from its listening post at the British embassy in Berlin. The argument fizzled when it emerged that German agencies had conducted similar surveillance of European allies.

Could GCHQ have spied on Donald Trump? - Telegraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Weekly

US citizens protected by law

While in theory there are laws to protect US citizens from being monitored by the NSA, there are few similar protections for UK, or other non-US, citizens.

“There is nothing at all legally, or any other way, preventing the NSA from eavesdropping on non-US citizens,” says Bamford.

If anything, GCHQ has fewer legal constraints than its larger counterpart, he says. “There are things that GCHQ does that I don’t think the NSA could get away with.”German news magazine Der Speigel, for example, exposed a “dirty tricks” unit in GCHQ, dubbed My Networks Operations Centre (MYNOC).

One of its tasks was to create fake LinkedIn pages, infected with malware. It used them to target engineers working at the Belgian mobile phone company, Belgacom, opening up a gateway into the phone company’s networks, and its customers’ mobile phones for an extensive surveillance operation.

“That’s an area that I think would be a little beyond the pale for NSA. But for GCHQ and this organisation MYNOC, there’s almost no limit to what they do,” he says.More recently, GCHQ has admitted in court that it carries out Computer Network Exploitation (CNE) – in other words hacking – in the UK and overseas.

The agency has the ability to turn on microphones and cameras on electronic devices without the owner’s knowledge, identify a person’s location and to make copies of personal documents.

The projects have fanciful names, such as Nosey Smurf, which plants malware to turn on smartphone microphones; Dreamy Smurf, for switching on smartphones; and Paranoid Smurf, for hiding malware on mobile devices.GCHQ told the court that the measures are proportionate, and conducted under strict legal safeguards. Opponents argue that the warrants are so broad they could allow GCHQ to legally hack all the phones in a city.

Interview: James Bamford on surveillance, Snowden and technology companies - Computer Weekly

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-18-2017 at 04:20 AM..

Old 03-18-2017, 04:09 AM

27,134 posts, read 13,429,141 times
GCHQ also tap the worlds fibre optic cables, and even boast about being able to intercept any phone, any where at any time. They have also been involved in hacking in to webcams (known as Optic Nerve) and their sister organisation HMGCC (Her Majestys Government Communication Centre) has been helping British and US Intelligence agencies hack in to phones and even smart televisions.

The spy base where real-life British 'Qs' collaborated with CIA to hack TVs and phones - Telegraph

Optic Nerve: millions of Yahoo webcam images intercepted by GCHQ -Guardian

GCHQ has also been involved in numerous scandals, including spying on Merkel and other leaders, spying on the UN, spying on EU Officials and it's remit is to spy on political figures and world leaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian

The Guardian understands that a total of 850,000 NSA employees and US private contractors with top secret clearance had access to GCHQ databases.

The documents reveal that by last year GCHQ was handling 600m "telephone events" each day, had tapped more than 200 fibre-optic cables and was able to process data from at least 46 of them at a time.

Document quoting Lt Gen Keith Alexander, head of the NSA, during a visit to Britain Each of the cables carries data at a rate of 10 gigabits per second, so the tapped cables had the capacity, in theory, to deliver more than 21 petabytes a day – equivalent to sending all the information in all the books in the British Library 192 times every 24 hours.

GCHQ taps fibre-optic cables for secret access to world's communications - Guardian

The big tent with a dish under it on top of the British Embassy in Berlin was so blatant it was laughable, they could at least attempt to be a bit more discrete, although the Germans later backed down after it became apparent their agencies used similar intelligence gathering methods.

Germany calls in Britain's ambassador to demand explanation over 'secret Berlin listening post' | The Independent

German call for inquiry into British embassy 'spying' - BBC News

NSA leaks: UK and US spying targets revealed - BBC News

UN to investigate claims that UK spies infiltrated climate talks - Guardian

Britain has spent years spying on Israel - Le Monde

U.S., British spies hacked Israeli air force: reports citing Snowden | Reuters

Extensive British Spying Throughout Africa Revealed in Le Monde - The Intercept

GCHQ used 'Quantum Insert' technique to set up fake LinkedIn pages and spy on mobile phone giants | The Independent

GHCQ Targets Engineers with Fake LinkedIn Pages - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-18-2017 at 04:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies