Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 07:11 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Actually, they are legally obligated to take action, if they see that the country (and the world) is being endangered. After all, what does the V-P have as duties? To step in once a year and break a tie-vote in the Senate. And then take action against an incompetent or dangerous president. He's like a draw-bridge tender who has to push a button on the rare occasion that a tall ship approaches and then snooze in his chair, the rest of the time.

Most of us were previously incredulous at how North Korea could have gotten into their predicament. But now we know how easy it is to happen and how quickly it can engulf an entire nation.
The most concerning feature exhibited by So-called President is what I will call for simplicity - the paranoia feature. He has been granted more 'free passes' than any other Presidential candidate in recent history. Even so, it's not enough. He (with Bannon's apparent encouragement) has alienated all of those who've extended assistance in his transition. No one is loyal enough. Everyone is out to get him. & so on. Rational folks are quickly losing their patience.

In the end, he'll only have himself to blame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 07:48 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
You fools
Think the presidency is all we have won?

President: Republican
Senate: Republican
House: Republican
Supreme Court: Conservative (Trump could make up to three picks)
State Legislature: majority Republican
Governorships: 33 of 50 Republican

Dems: worst shape since the 1920s and face an unfavorable 2018 Senate map.
Personally, I could care less if a R or D is in the WH. I vote for the person, not the party. I've even said I would accept Pence taking over, because he at least seems sane and he has experience in government.

Donald Trump is neither of those, that is why I can not wait to see him back selling real estate and hosting a 2nd rate reality show.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:02 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,666,818 times
At this point, calling Trump mentally ill is being generous. Otherwise we are faced with the (hilarious to me) reality that 45 has an ego more brittle than a chocolate rabbit.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:08 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
FIVE repetitive tweets in rapid succession alleging high crimes and misdemeanors against his predecessor.

Then another angry tweet, blasting a TV actor.

If my 70 year old Dad was doing this, we'd take him to a doctor to see if he needed medical treatment.

Why do some Americans think tRump's actions are not an indication of mental illness?
Because....

Hillary barks like a dog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-d6qOFBW6Y

Hillary's twitchy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbdybREw1JI

Hillary needs help:

US Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton speaks to the... News Photo | Getty Images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StyKyAFOGLY

Old 03-04-2017, 09:03 PM

You can interject stuff about Hillary all you want, but all you are doing is dodging the issues about Trump's mental state. We no longer buy your worn out "I know you are, but what am I" argument.

Being an intelligent person , there is no way in Hell you can look at the way Trump talks, acts, and behaves, and say he is normal. The man is at least unstable and at the worst deranged.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:09 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
The most concerning feature exhibited by So-called President is what I will call for simplicity - the paranoia feature. He has been granted more 'free passes' than any other Presidential candidate in recent history. Even so, it's not enough. He (with Bannon's apparent encouragement) has alienated all of those who've extended assistance in his transition. No one is loyal enough. Everyone is out to get him. & so on. Rational folks are quickly losing their patience.

In the end, he'll only have himself to blame.

Another thing that concerns me, is how many state secrets Bannon has acquired. How much damage could he do with what he knows, after this administration disintegrates?

Old 03-04-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Another thing that concerns me, is how many state secrets Bannon has acquired. How much damage could he do with what he knows, after this administration disintegrates?
You bring up a very valid concern. As dangerous and dishonest as Donald Trump is, Bannon is 100 times worse. He is the puppet master who pulls Trumps strings and he has a long history of having very strange views on things.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:43 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,753,407 times
Trump is bat **** crazy and is going to get us all killed.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:11 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
But Hillary is not our president so I don't understand your point

Old 03-04-2017, 11:20 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post

If my 70 year old Dad was doing this, we'd take him to a doctor to see if he needed medical treatment.
Your dad , as great a guy he might be , is no Donald Trump. Did he start a revolution in American politics, did he become the most powerful man in the world, did he become a billionaire?

No. Your dad will never achieve any of the same. So, your comparisons are pointless and a waste of time to even read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies