Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 10:30 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times

Advertisements

I want to know if Russia hacked the voting machines in the "swing states."

Quote:
Bloomberg) -- Russian hackers are targeting U.S. progressive groups in a new wave of attacks, scouring the organizations’ emails for embarrassing details and attempting to extract hush money, according to two people familiar with probes being conducted by the FBI and private security firms.

At least a dozen groups have faced extortion attempts since the U.S. presidential election, said the people, who provided broad outlines of the campaign. The ransom demands are accompanied by samples of sensitive data in the hackers’ possession.

In one case, a non-profit group and a prominent liberal donor discussed how to use grant money to cover some costs for anti-Trump protesters. The identities were not disclosed, and it’s unclear if the protesters were paid.

At least some groups have paid the ransoms even though there is little guarantee the documents won’t be made public anyway. Demands have ranged from about $30,000 to $150,000, payable in untraceable bitcoins, according to one of the people familiar with the probe.

Russian Hackers Said to Seek Hush Money From Liberal U.S. Groups
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 10:32 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
In one case, a non-profit group and a prominent liberal donor discussed how to use grant money to cover some costs for anti-Trump protesters.
interesting...

Old 03-06-2017, 10:35 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post

Here, I highlighted the operative words in your thread. "Said" is kinda like when Trump says "Someone told me, or I heard"

Come back when you have something called PROOF. We know the words proof and facts scare the hell out of Trump supporters, but that is what we need.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times
More embarrassment for the left

Old 03-06-2017, 10:55 AM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Hackers from around the world often extort groups and companies to pay them off after they've gotten sensitive employee or customer information etc.

Also, it's a light-year sized leap to go from hacking emails to hacking the election...one is real, the other is sour grapes birther style conspiracy.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:57 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
interesting...
'member when we had a media in the US that actually did investigative reporting and we didn't have to learn from "hacker attempts"?

Old 03-06-2017, 11:24 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post

"I want to know if Russia hacked the voting machines in the "swing states."

I don't know how.

What I have read is that voting machines are NOT even connected to the Internet,

Old 03-06-2017, 11:36 AM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

I don't know how.

What I have read is that voting machines are NOT even connected to the Internet,
Michigan has paper ballots and partial recounts were done and no abnormalities outside of blue areas in Detroit, Flint, and Lansing having more votes counted than paper ballots cast were disclosed. Liberals quickly explained that discrepancy away as old optical scanners that recently passed tests and only by happenstance went wrong in blue districts.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:38 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Here, I highlighted the operative words in your thread. "Said" is kinda like when Trump says "Someone told me, or I heard"

Come back when you have something called PROOF. We know the words proof and facts scare the hell out of Trump supporters, but that is what we need.
Best post I've seen so far today They post articles referencing "someone said" and try to pass it over as fact.

Stop making so much sense, WMak!!

Old 03-06-2017, 11:43 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

I don't know how.

Right, voting machines are off-line, but for some reason a ton of them are from Soros companies and they had problems defaulting all the time to Hillary.

Then there is the voter fraud issues where boxes of ballots all voting one candidate show up after the election late in the night or the next day (always without proof of being guarded, but a left wing Judge always allows them in), or where there are more votes in a district that there are populations, meaning 25,000 votes where 15,000 live.

If I were the Feds, I'd instruct for Federal elections that:
1: Databases must be purged of all dead people, people that moved and other things that need removing.
2: That there must be for a Federal election a government official ID to vote in an election (period).

Now only in Federal elections would the Feds get what they want, but it would have the effect of cleaning out the state corruption theifdoms no matter what states want to do. In the off year they can still be filled with fraud if they want to, but if it has purged roles, won't do them much good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies