Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 12:51 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Ben Carson Calls Slaves

“That’s what America is about, a land of dreams and opportunity,” Carson said, USA Today reports. “There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less.”

You can not make this stuff up!
uhm..

he is correct

the fact is if you emigrate from one country to another...be it voluntary or involuntary you are an immigrant

the people (slaves and also indentured servants from Europe) were forced to emigrate to the new world... therefore they were officially immigrants to the new country of the English colonies and then the united states

Dr. Carlson is technically correct..... he could have worded it more politically correct though

Old 03-08-2017, 02:39 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm..

he is correct

the fact is if you emigrate from one country to another...be it voluntary or involuntary you are an immigrant

the people (slaves and also indentured servants from Europe) were forced to emigrate to the new world... therefore they were officially immigrants to the new country of the English colonies and then the united states

Dr. Carlson is technically correct..... he could have worded it more politically correct though
Why should he be "more politically correct"?
obama wasn't when he said basically the same thing...
TWICE!

By the way, to keep things perfectly clear, who is this "Dr. Carlson"?

Old 03-08-2017, 02:43 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Why should he be "more politically correct"?
obama wasn't when he said basically the same thing...
TWICE!

By the way, to keep things perfectly clear, who is this "Dr. Carlson"?
1. I did say he SHOULD have been more PC...I said he COULD have been more PC

sorry I misspelled his name

Old 03-08-2017, 08:00 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. I did say he SHOULD have been more PC...I said he COULD have been more PC

sorry I misspelled his name
I know what you said. I am well aware of the difference between COULD and SHOULD.
However, that does not change my question: Why SHOULD Dr. Carson have been "more politically correct"? Yes, he COULD have been, but why SHOULD he? Just to please the PC Police? Bah, Humbug, let them go to their "safe spaces", curl up, and whimper. As time goes on, fewer people care about what the PC Patrol thinks!

Old 03-08-2017, 08:24 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Give it up folks, the guy said a stupid thing, he has done this before, others have also, some right here on this thread. He did not think it out, but hey, that is what de does, that is why he is not President. Wait a second that describes the guy who is, never mind, now I know why he is in the position he is in, fits perfectly when viewed from that perspective. Now back to Nuking North Korea and how that will work out good for us ...............

Old 03-08-2017, 08:31 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Give it up folks, the guy said a stupid thing, he has done this before, others have also, some right here on this thread. He did not think it out, but hey, that is what de does, that is why he is not President. Wait a second that describes the guy who is, never mind, now I know why he is in the position he is in, fits perfectly when viewed from that perspective. Now back to Nuking North Korea and how that will work out good for us ...............
Did Obama say a stupid thing when he said slaves were immigrants ELEVEN times?

Old 03-08-2017, 08:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
"others have also" gety past you? Yes, he was also wrong if said it in the same vain, you seem to think I am a Democrat, stop assuming it only makes you look ....................

Old 03-08-2017, 08:34 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post

Obama is a genius for the left.....he could say 11 times what Ben said and they probably give him another Noble Peace Prize and a big standing ovation and the liberal media wetting themselves.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:43 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
"others have also" gety past you? Yes, he was also wrong if said it in the same vain, you seem to think I am a Democrat, stop assuming it only makes you look ....................
I think you're a Democrat because you spend your time shilling for the Democrats. What else should we think?

Old 03-08-2017, 09:12 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Who cares. Emotional yapping is not part of the natural sciences. Dr. Ben Carson made medical history and in terms of applied sciences in medicine and the surgical field he'd run mental laps around both of us.

Go out and make history yourself before you try in envy to steal the thunder from an overachiever who is also ethnically Black-American. I don't care for Dr. Carson's religious affiliation but you don't see me trying to denegrate him because of that.

^ verb (used without object), overachieved, overachieving.
to perform, especially academically, above the potential indicated by tests of one's mental ability or aptitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies