Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 04:55 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,706,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
This micheal brown? If this is him why don't msm show this?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?ipadtype...&layout=tablet
That's ludicrous, nobody would physically assault an old man like that. That was absolutely white cops in costumes trying to make some blacks guys look bad. The proof is that you clearly hear the N-word being used, and only white cops use that word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
No one is arguing that Michael Brown is an angel. He was a man, a US citizen entitled to due process and equal protection under the law. I don't have authoritarian tendencies, so I do not support extrajudicial killing by agents of the state. Call me crazy.
Self defense isn't state sanctioned executions.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:57 PM

30,750 posts, read 18,427,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The Defense = Officer Darren Wilson

Prosecution = The State/The People

And actually yes, it completely changes the defenses case, brown is no longer a thief running from the police.
As far as the police were concerned, yes he was/is. Indeed, if the owner didn't know about any illegal drug dealing between Brown and the owner's employees, the owner had every reason to believe that Brown was stealing. Hence, when Brown walked off with the cigs, the owner was right to call the police and the police, upon seeing that Brown matched a description after being found walking down the middle of the street, were right to act off of this description.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When an unarmed man attacks a cop, tries to take his gun and is charging to make another assault, he is essentially committing suicide.

Wilson was completely and 100% justified for shooting down Brown, regardless of what occurred at the store.
Yep.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:00 PM

19,903 posts, read 12,193,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The Defense = Officer Darren Wilson

Prosecution = The State/The People

And actually yes, it completely changes the defenses case, brown is no longer a thief running from the police.
You do realize taking the cigarillos was still theft, right?

Not arguing for or against the shooting, just clarifying that the theft still happened, despite the earlier drug deal.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
As far as the police were concerned, yes he was/is. Indeed, if the owner didn't know about any illegal drug dealing between Brown and the owner's employees, the owner had every reason to believe that Brown was stealing. Hence, when Brown walked off with the cigs, the owner was right to call the police and the police, upon seeing that Brown matched a description after being found walking down the middle of the street, were right to act off of this description.
If memory serves me, I don't believe Wilson ever thought Brown and his buddy were suspects in anything.

The only thing about the attack in the store relates to is Brown's potential issue with violence. Evidence? No. Possible insight? Yes

Old 03-12-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
It's a ludicrous story. Who reaches into a police car and tries to take a cop's gun? The only people who would buy that story have an irrational fear of black men. Cops are also armed with non-lethal weapons such as pepper spray and tasers. There is no excuse for killing an unarmed man. None.
Who reaches into a police car and tries to take a cop's gun? Apparently the same type of person who physically assaults a store owner and then, knowing that any reasonable person in the owner's shoes would have called 911, walks down the MIDDLE of the street, thereby increasing the chance that the police would have seen him. Let's stop acting like Brown was a rational person and trying to apply the rational person standard to him. He was anything but rational.

But don't just take Officer Wilson's word for it. Other witnesses, including black witnesses, have corroborated his account. Stop race-baiting. It makes you look sad and pitiful.

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 03-12-2017 at 05:16 PM..

Old 03-12-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If memory serves me, I don't believe Wilson ever thought Brown and his buddy were suspects in anything.

The only thing about the attack in the store relates to is Brown's potential issue with violence. Evidence? No. Possible insight? Yes
That's not why he was stopped initially; if I recall correctly, he was stopped for walking down the middle of the street. However, if I recall correctly (it has been a while), Wilson did get a radio report of the robbery after he has stopped Brown and Johnson.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That's not why he was stopped initially; if I recall correctly, he was stopped for walking down the middle of the street. However, if I recall correctly (it has been a while), Wilson did get a radio report of the robbery after he has stopped Brown and Johnson.
It's been a while, so some of the particulars are a bit fuzzy to me.

What we do know is that Brown attacked Wilson, tried to take his gun and then went to attack him again. Justifiable homicide.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:16 PM

4,966 posts, read 2,259,803 times
Quote:
No one is arguing that Michael Brown is an angel. He was a man, a US citizen entitled to due process and equal protection under the law. I don't have authoritarian tendencies, so I do not support extrajudicial killing by agents of the state. Call me crazy.

Michael Brown was a man that attempted to injure/kill a police officer and that police officer had every right to use any means necessary to protect himself. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies