Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 05:01 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,231,638 times

Advertisements

I saw this on the am news. It just pi--ed me off. I cannot for the life of me think up any excuse that disparaging teens who are wearing red, white and blue for their team support should be an issue.

I hate that as American's we are supposed to change our traditions for immigrants. They are supposed to assimilate to our country.

So bass akwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 05:11 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Of course! The left wants to kill patriotism because it is the opposing force of globalism.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:14 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,112,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I saw this on the am news. It just pi--ed me off. I cannot for the life of me think up any excuse that disparaging teens who are wearing red, white and blue for their team support should be an issue.

I hate that as American's we are supposed to change our traditions for immigrants. They are supposed to assimilate to our country.

So bass akwards.
Why didn't they just wear their school colors if they wanted to support their team? Simple: they wanted to bash the Brown foreigners on the other team. In other words, they are bigots.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:29 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post

So bass akwards.
Why have you double posted this?

Old 03-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 5 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,603,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm wondering if there was more to the story than the simple wearing of red, white, and blue. The link provided is to a page that seems a bit...well, not entirely objective, let's call it, to be kind.
From the Yahoo News Feed, 3/13/17 (three hours before 6:30 pm Central Daylight Time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoonews
https://www.yahoo.com/news/high-scho...202222669.html

Despite the apology, there is reason to believe that the Valley High/North High game was racially charged. The Des Moines Register reported last fall that Iowa State University released an audit describing a culture of “deep racial disparities” at Valley High School. These disparities created “an inequitable, toxic environment for students of color,” said the Register‘s account.

Furthermore, some social media users claimed that Valley students uttered racial slurs to North students. Valley High’s principal refused to comment on those accusations.
Yeah, some may question the quality of the yahoo news feed. It's still greatly more credible than http://www.shtfplan.com though. That site makes even Fox News look like as erudite as The New Yorker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64
Somehow, I don't trust a website whose ads are primarily for bomb shelters, gas masks, and prepping to be terribly even-handed about this kind of thing.
It's just common sense not to see such sites as any more respectable than InfoWars, much less use believe they are bias free.

Edited to add (yet again): On shtfplan's front page news feed is this story by a poster named, get this -- Tyler Durden! (the name of the main protagonist in the movie Fight Club!). They're about as credible as http://revcom.us/ (revolutionary communism, Bob Avakian's site).

Last edited by Phil75230; 03-13-2017 at 05:58 PM..

Old 03-13-2017, 05:49 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,397,212 times
I would sooner force the foreign kids to wear the colors than ban our own from wearing them.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:02 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore
It Is Now “BLATANT RACISM” To Wear Red, White And Blue
Excellent!

LETS ALL START WEARING RED,WHITE AND BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2017, 06:13 PM

1,743 posts, read 992,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm not saying there is anything racist about wearing red, white, and blue, but I do have to wonder what is the point of chanting "USA, USA," at a sporting event where both teams are American. I can understand how students from a largely immigrant visiting school might feel a little put off by it.
That's fair.

The only problem that I would have is if the largely immigrant school was an American school .. how could chanting USA be considered racist?

Old 03-13-2017, 06:15 PM

1,743 posts, read 992,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Is that Carl Weathers?

Old 03-13-2017, 06:18 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It's a why claims of racism are no longer relevant.

When it became SOP to scream racism about everything, it lost its meaning.

Ergo... the old "cry wolf" fable. After a while no one believes it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies