Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 03:53 PM

58,996 posts, read 27,280,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'm into firearms.

The silly panic buying over the past few years was irritating and amusing at the same time. Now that a Pub is in the WH, so many of my hyperactive fellow enthusiasts are no longer bloviating endlessly about SHTF and EOTWAWKI scenarios. On the plus side, prices for guns and ammo have dropped and availability has increased.

"On the plus side, prices for guns and ammo have dropped and availability has increased."

Supply and and ALWAYS works in the market place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 03:54 PM

58,996 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah.

Bingo. Marketing Strategy: Fear. Not "we make a great product."
"Not "we make a great product."

You obviously NEVER read magazines that have gun ads in them.

I am not surprised you make statements without a single thread of knowledge on the subject.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:12 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:
Nah.

Bingo. Marketing Strategy: Fear. Not "we make a great product."
Is this why Democrats try to pass laws to keep manufactures responsible for shootings instead of the shooter? Is this why Hillary said, she would make gun laws stricter for the average gun owner and not the shooter(s)?

Old 03-22-2017, 04:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Plus, women are showing their little girls how to shoot. More young girls are becoming shooters and hunters. The last NRA event I went to had more women than men, this has not happened in 20 yrs of the event. This is saying something, even if the anti-gun people want to report fake news.

The biggest event at Red's Indoor Range, is Tuesday night. Which is ladies night.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
The Ilion plant has been downsizing since 2013. It's too expensive to manufacture in NY, but that location is the longest continuously-operating gun manufacturer in the United States, so they've hung in there for longer than they probably should have. Remington has also had a few recalls that have hurt them. I'm not questioning that having Trump in office has led to a bit of a slow down, but it's not the only thing affecting Remington.

(And while they don't have an extensive range of handguns, they do make a 1911. )

Wow... They have started to make handguns...... @ $1300 for a .45-1911, they are not selling many.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:50 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,410 times
Quote:
The gun industry LOVED President Obama...they just couldn't tell their supporters that. I bet all the big weapons company execs voted Democrat. Dems are good for the fear business.

I said this on at least a few threads, and right wingers smirked, dismissed what i said and claimed that a pro-gun president would be all the rage with the gun industry. NOPE!!!

Let this be a lesson to them. Ginning up fear is a great business tactic, but it's also an ephemeral one. Now for the next four years, and just maybe the next eight years (if not longer), the industry will see sales plummet. If you want people to buy your product, make a case for how great it is and don't go the lazy route by claiming that your time (and right) to buy it is limited.

The only people i feel sorry for are the workers who will be losing jobs left and right over the next four years. Why? Because their company's public relations/advertising strategy has been lazy as hell.

Anyway..

Crashing "Post-Obama Era" Gun Sales Lead To Remington Mass Layoffs | Zero Hedge
I was talking to a buddy of mine back during the elections. He stated he was going to buy a gun if Hilary got elected.

Not for defense, but for hunting to eat.

That's how bad things have been getting in this country. People are throwing in the towel for America due to Democratic leadership.

How many bubbles can we blow up before it pops? The democrats have pushed the envelope.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I was talking to a buddy of mine back during the elections. He stated he was going to buy a gun if Hilary got elected.

Not for defense, but for hunting to eat.

That's how bad things have been getting in this country. People are throwing in the towel for America due to Democratic leadership.

How many bubbles can we blow up before it pops? The democrats have pushed the envelope.

Poaching is a big deal, when times are hard. Can you blame them for wanting to eat and government telling them they cannot hunt their own food, unless you pay for the privilege and hunt where we say.

I only took up bowhunting seriously, so I could harvest meat inside the city limits(silently), when things got tight after 9/11.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:11 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,311 times
Quote:
No...they didn't. And if you can recall conservatives saying that, it was in a dream you had.

I know it's "plainly fact." But I never met a single conservative who believed it when I said it.
I'll just leave this here:

Obama ... "the best gun salesman of all time - City Data Forum

12-17-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I'll give him credit for that. He is responsible for more gun sales than any president in history.
ha...haha....hahahaHAHAhahah..... WOW, that literally took almost no effort to find.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 03-22-2017 at 05:29 PM..

Old 03-22-2017, 05:57 PM

29,444 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I was not aware of this."

It is TRUE.

I was with friend at gun show and he bought a new pistol from a dealer and all he had to do was to show his CCP and a rvalid picture ID, he showed his DL paid his money and we walked out with gun.
Dude, i get it. I wasn't aware other states didn't make the call on new purchases.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:07 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Agree DD, Obama was the best gun salesman possibly in history. I hope he was getting a commission check.
Obama????? No way! When Hillary was on her run, gun permit applications peaked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies