Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 09:25 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I chuckle when his supporters are relegated to defending his large donations from Goldman Sachs.
Who is defending any such thing?!?

Sometimes you make some sense, too often just more nonsense...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 09:28 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Who is defending any such thing?!?
You. There is NO defending Obama's actions concerning the economy here or his allowing those who broke our laws skate off with millions in tax payers dollars.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Let's say he does decide to leave it in place as is. Who would be willing to retire early with this program, knowing that the rug could be pulled out from under them at any moment? Depending on what state you live in, the premiums are already outrageous under Obamacare. They could double or triple under Trumpcare. Plenty of small business owners that worked all their lives to be able to retire early but with the prospect of premiums under Trumpcare for those in the 50's and 60's, that will become a distant dream. Trump's way of saying "thank you" to all those small business entrepreneurs.
Oops..., I'm already retired...

America really needs to stop thinking our health care system is Obama's or Trump's and that the cost/problem with our health care is now the result of the ACA. We had these problems forever growing before the ACA. This is in large part how and why the ACA got passed in the first place! We've got to do a better job of understanding what is REALLY driving up health care costs in this country regardless of the pre-ACA system, now under the ACA or in the future regardless of change. If the ACA is not the better way, then what is?

We got one answer from Trump and the GOP just the other day...

Old 03-29-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The point being the stand you are taking is that Mexico cannot be made to pay for the wall and that stand is factually incorrect. As I said in my prior post (which you conveniently ignored) that it was "doubtful" that they would use those options which means I don't fully believe it would happen.

I also never thought we'd be forced]by law to buy health insurance either, especially the part that had attempted to add jail time for those who refused (original version of Obamacare law).

So, given the bizarre/partisan decisions that have come out of government over the last couple of decades nothing much would shock me anymore and most certainly lends credence to the statement "stranger things have happened".
Let's keep it simple and straight-forward, shall we?

If I am not mistaken, you have been wanting to defend against those who consider Trump's promise a false promise, to have Mexico pay for his/your wall.

You might argue "stranger things have happened," and you might admit yourself "doubtful," but still you are defending or arguing against what the rest of knew was a nonstarter from the beginning, AKA a false promise.

Again as you wish of course, but these sorts of defenses are part of what puts Trump supporters in something of a bad light, seemingly not making much sense.

Also for many of the rest of us, we wondered how long it could possibly take before we were all required to buy health insurance, something like required in all other advanced countries on the planet have been doing for some time now. What is "bizarre" is that anti-ACA folks don't seem to know or understand the first thing about how insurance works, or that everyone should have access to better/quality health care in this country.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You. There is NO defending Obama's actions concerning the economy here or his allowing those who broke our laws skate off with millions in tax payers dollars.
You love going around in these circles, but please have mercy. I have started more than enough threads and made countless comments regarding the problem of special interest money/influence in our political system.

Our biggest problem of all...

Attempting to explain Obama's actions contrary to your "lies, lies, lies" simple summations, trying to put all the facts into proper context, is in no way defending Goldman Sachs contributions!

I'm not one to use the equally silly Ignore feature in this forum, but if you insist on continuing this sort of nonsense, I should probably ignore these ridiculous comments and accusations of yours one way or another.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Oops..., I'm already retired...

America really needs to stop thinking our health care system is Obama's or Trump's and that the cost/problem with our health care is now the result of the ACA. We had these problems forever growing before the ACA. This is in large part how and why the ACA got passed in the first place! We've got to do a better job of understanding what is REALLY driving up health care costs in this country regardless of the pre-ACA system, now under the ACA or in the future regardless of change. If the ACA is not the better way, then what is?

We got one answer from Trump and the GOP just the other day...
Obscene corporate profits for one!

Old 03-29-2017, 10:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Let's keep it simple and straight-forward, shall we?

If I am not mistaken, you have been wanting to defend against those who consider Trump's promise a false promise, to have Mexico pay for his/your wall.

You might argue "stranger things have happened," and you might admit yourself "doubtful," but still you are defending or arguing against what the rest of knew was a nonstarter from the beginning, AKA a false promise.

Again as you wish of course, but these sorts of defenses are part of what puts Trump supporters in something of a bad light, seemingly not making much sense.

Also for many of the rest of us, we wondered how long it could possibly take before we were all required to buy health insurance, something like required in all other advanced countries on the planet have been doing for some time now. What is "bizarre" is that anti-ACA folks don't seem to know or understand the first thing about how insurance works, or that everyone should have access to better/quality health care in this country.
Let me see if I can make this as clear as possible for you. Your stance is "it'll never happen" and my stance is "we don't know that for a fact at this point in time". There ARE possibilities to have them pay for it but you apparently deny that those possibilities exist or that some compromise with Mexico could happen.
Ideology getting in the way maybe?

Old 03-29-2017, 10:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
trump's done negotiating on healthcare
I sure hope so. Trump/RINOcare was a fiasco from the beginning.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
You love going around in these circles, but please have mercy. I have started more than enough threads and made countless comments regarding the problem of special interest money/influence in our political system.

Our biggest problem of all...

Attempting to explain Obama's actions contrary to your "lies, lies, lies" simple summations, trying to put all the facts into proper context, is in no way defending Goldman Sachs contributions!

I'm not one to use the equally silly Ignore feature in this forum, but if you insist on continuing this sort of nonsense, I should probably ignore these ridiculous comments and accusations of yours one way or another.
Angelo Mozilo skated with millions and millions in taxpayers dollars. Putting me on ignore will not change that.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let me see if I can make this as clear as possible for you. Your stance is "it'll never happen" and my stance is "we don't know that for a fact at this point in time". There ARE possibilities to have them pay for it but you apparently deny that those possibilities exist or that some compromise with Mexico could happen.
Ideology getting in the way maybe?
If you can perhaps explain a true, practical and viable manner in which Trump can keep his promise to have Mexico pay the billions it will cost to build the wall, then maybe we can better determine who is ideologically biased (and/or simply misguided and not informed). Hint: tariffs work both ways from a trade/commerce standpoint, and if you think tariffs are a manner in which Trump can have Mexico pay those billions, then maybe the issue is one of being misguided and not informed.

Or maybe you have something else to offer for consideration a bit more plausible? Do tell...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies