Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 10:42 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times

Advertisements

Two senior Trump administration officials with direct knowledge of the process told The Daily Beast that Bannon and Trump have taken a “you’re either with us or against us” approach at this point, and that Bannon wants the tally of “against” versus “with us” mounted in his so-called West Wing “war room.”

“Burn the boats,” Bannon (in his typical, pugnacious style) advised Trump, according to one official involved. Burning one’s boats is a reference to when military commanders in hostile territories order his or her troops to destroy their own ships, so that they have to win or die trying.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...posed-you.html

This is the real reason Trump wanted the vote to go forward even knowing it wouldn't pass. He wanted those who oppose him on record, so he knows exactly who to go after in the future.

This, my friends, is why the GOP will get nothing accomplished. Trump only cares about "winning." He has no interest in governing, or even attempting to unite his own party, much less the country.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:44 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Scary times we live in.

I feel bad for any moderate republicans that vote for Trump. Bannon is a crazy person and is running the White House.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:44 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
Nixon had his Enemies List. Remember how his presidency ended?? Go, Donnie, go.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:45 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Even most conservatives would agree that this is not how our country should be run...

Old 03-25-2017, 10:49 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Two senior Trump administration officials with direct knowledge of the process told The Daily Beast that Bannon and Trump have taken a “you’re either with us or against us” approach at this point, and that Bannon wants the tally of “against” versus “with us” mounted in his so-called West Wing “war room.”

“Burn the boats,” Bannon (in his typical, pugnacious style) advised Trump, according to one official involved. Burning one’s boats is a reference to when military commanders in hostile territories order his or her troops to destroy their own ships, so that they have to win or die trying.”

This is the real reason Trump wanted the vote to go forward even knowing it wouldn't pass. He wanted those who oppose him on record, so he knows exactly who to go after in the future.

This, my friends, is why the GOP will get nothing accomplished. Trump only cares about "winning." He has no interest in governing, or even attempting to unite his own party, much less the country.
I have my doubts about any article that uses unnamed sources, but I would expect anyone to take such a position. You need to know who is willing to work with you to get things done, and who is either dead weight, or is outright against you.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:05 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:

Bannon Tells Trump: ‘Keep a Sh*t List’ of Republicans Who Opposed You

Reminds me of the Clinton's "war room"!

Old 03-25-2017, 11:10 AM

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times
So I guess Bannon is purging his list of drinking buddies?

Old 03-25-2017, 11:10 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Trump and Bannon have nothing to lose. If they implode their party they don't care, they have never had an investment in it, nor do they care for its survival. In fact, Bannon would love to burn down the entire White House if he could.

The Republican Party are a chicken coop, and their leaders are a couple of wolves.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:15 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I have my doubts about any article that uses unnamed sources, but I would expect anyone to take such a position. You need to know who is willing to work with you to get things done, and who is either dead weight, or is outright against you.
You do realize that in order to get anything done, the party is going to need to be united, right? Or were you asleep for the last week and missed what happens when the party is fractured?

Trump should be trying to bring his party together so they can pass their agenda instead of creating this "you're either with us or you're on our sh*t list" environment.

But hey, I'm good with him not being smart enough to do this. It means there are more epic failures for the GOP going forward. That works for me.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:17 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Quote:

Sounds like the mafia thugs he hung with! What a couple of stomach-turning turds!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies