Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 11:53 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,701,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Then maybe Trump has learned of details that we are not aware of lately. I still think he is one step ahead of the CIA.

Haha, yeah, and if he doesn't really have that info, he will be only too happy to fabricate it !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 11:54 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,701,497 times
[quote=odanny;47714060]All of President Obama's choices for cabinet positions were supremely qualified, while President Trump's choices are either laughingly unqualified (Dr. Carson or DeVoss) or bizarrely hostile to the very department they now lead.

I don't think you can script a worse President than the one we have in office.

I'm looking for a bumper sticker that reads "Don't Blame Me."[/quote]

You have just given me a great idea for a new product. It will sell like hotcakes ! Thanks !

Old 04-02-2017, 11:57 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You're correct, and I am blaming Obama. He had a once in a lifetime chance to finally do something about entitlement spending. A democrat, with a democratic congress there for the first two years. Understand that we had to spend some money to avoid a depression. But... He could have tweaked healthcare instead of doing Obamacare, which never put any sort of brakes on health costs. He could have used the power of his presidency to work in fixing social security in the long term. He did none of that. He did what democrats do best....tax, spend, mostly borrow, and kick the can down the road to be dealt with by somebody else.
Why do you call Social Security "entitlement spending"? I already know the answer: You watch FOX News. They and their cadre of propagandists have you believing that people who receive benefits are "given" something by the government, even though they have worked their whole lives and have contributed into the program through their hard earned tax dollars, and most will see only a fraction of what they have contributed.

Social Security is under assault by Republicans. The last Republican President tried to "privatize" it in 2005. I imagine had those vultures been successful it would have crashed in 2008 just like all the other markets they were in charge of back then (after it had of been looted, of course).

The number one priority for Social Security is to keep it safe from Republicans, who see a huge revenue stream waiting to be raided.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:18 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
By the way.... how did all of that 'hard work' that the democrats put in on Obamacare.....work out?
Thousands and thousands of pages in a legislative bill that was basically nothing more than a redistribution scheme and did NOTHING to slow the rising costs of healthcare. Which by the way, anyone over about 6th grade could have figured out on their own.

So the hell with the 'hard work' that our leaders in DC are putting in.
I'll take some 'smart work' instead!
and the republicans came up with something better? That is right, no. They only had 7+ years to work on it.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:20 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,864,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
someone left the door open at the funny farm again... the patients have escaped and are posting on CD.

I know, I agree 100%. We try to educate Trump supporters, but they are either incapable of understanding reality, or simply bull headed. Glad you agree.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:23 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,977,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
All of President Obama's choices for cabinet positions were supremely qualified, while President Trump's choices are either laughingly unqualified (Dr. Carson or DeVoss) or bizarrely hostile to the very department they now lead.

I don't think you can script a worse President than the one we have in office.

I'm looking for a bumper sticker that reads "Don't Blame Me."
I'm way ahead of you. That went under my CD username shortly after Trump's inauguration

Old 04-02-2017, 07:03 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,607,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So, it's your contention that the press needs to be restricted in what they are allowed to question the president about? Is that seriously the kind of country you want to live in?

Are you an American? Because it doesn't sound like you have ever heard of the first amendment. Sounds more like you want a dictatorship.
How soon they forget. President Clinton had to put up with all the ridiculous questions about MONICA. Even on his travel meetings with PMs of other countries, the press still hounding him about MONICA. It was MONICA all the time with these vultures.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:12 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,505,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I know, I agree 100%. We try to educate Trump supporters, but they are either incapable of understanding reality, or simply bull headed. Glad you agree.
Or they are paid Pro-Trump posters - either paid Russian trolls or from one of the PACS pushing the Trump agenda via social media and the internet. There is at least one poster on here that posts the most insane nonsense that always supports Trump and there is no way it's just a die hard Trump supporter. If you read the poster's history you realize it has to be a paid supporter.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:37 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,470,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitemsohard View Post
Yes it was very "presidential" the way Obama took American troops out of Iraq to make way for ISIS recruitment. Its only the biggest mistake in world history.
The withdrawal date was set by president Bush.

It was the illegal and unjustified invasion and toppling of the previous government that created these opportunities for terrorist organizations. They made no headway under Saddam Hussein.

Saddam Hussein had the lid on tight in that country, he was a number one takedown target of al qaeda but we stupidly did the dirty work for them, and our continued presence in that country was a terrific propaganda boon to them.

The rise of Daish had mostly to do with Iraq's foolish discrimination against the Sunni minority, and purging them from important positions. This left a huge opening for Daish.

Iraq is a sovereign state and they discriminate with or without us present.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:13 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,643,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
someone left the door open at the funny farm again... the patients have escaped and are posting on CD.
yeah you got nothing but insults, i suggest you reread the policy here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies