Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 06:29 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,520,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I myself have far better things to do than get into a committed relationship, and I am not a part of the hookup culture. Nothing cool or appealing about sleeping around-diseases, kids I'm not ready for...

Plus when statistics show most new marriages fail within 5 years, I'm in no hurry to "settle down"

Dating scene is like this, too many insecure, unsure of what they want, wanting the significant other to change, unfaithful, throw in kids from previous relationships, very promiscuous past that they aren't ashamed of, the "prince" and "princess" outlook on life...

Boy theres alot of quality people to meet...

Modern women-I want a man whos college educated, has a good job owns a house, a new car, no bills, doesn't drink in excess. What does she offer-kids from a previous relationship, debt, drama, and if it weren't for a microwave, couldn't cook.
Modern men, I want a girl whos drop dead gorgeous, cooks cleans wife material...
Bravo!

Boomer here who waited till I was early 40's to get married. Glad I did. Had many of the same standards as you. Married at an even high level of standards. Low baggage, no kids, very successful, non drinker, no drugs.

Did not want to bring kids into a world I saw on the down hill slide since the late 80's.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:31 AM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Quickest way to the poor house is a broken marriage and child support.
That is part of it. I want to be in a relationship. I want to be loved. Life kind of bites when most people you know that are your age have spouses and children of their own, and thus, much of their time will go to them. Makes for a more lonely life. On the other hand, I don't want to deal with things like divorce and child support. One reason among many that I've remained a virgin. I'm also incredibly picky. I have to be. I never know what I might get from a woman.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Just to bait people.
Better for said person to just come right out and admit such.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:34 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
you can thank feminism too for polluting women in this country too. Who wants to marry an angry woman pissed off at men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
The millennials have been handed a colossal mess from the baby boomers. 20 Trillion dollars in debt. A consumer-based, healthcare economy.

The future looks bleak for much more reasons than simply a break down of the family unit. Remember Hillary Clinton, who is a baby boomer was advocate for same sex marriage, feminist rights, etc..

This is not due to the millennials, who many are struggling living with their parents because they have no other choice in this economy that wants to pay $12 for skilled workers.

Hardly enough to support a family on.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:35 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Unmarried people are still productive members of society.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:35 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
If we have learned anything since the 50's, it should be that we all should choose the lifestyle that suits us. There is no model lifestyle.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Unmarried people are still productive members of society.
This is true. If anything, an unmarried person has more potential to work overtime. More time on their hands.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:41 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
yeah if you want to be married to your job and lonely later in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is true. If anything, an unmarried person has more potential to work overtime. More time on their hands.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:42 AM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is part of it. I want to be in a relationship. I want to be loved. Life kind of bites when most people you know that are your age have spouses and children of their own, and thus, much of their time will go to them. Makes for a more lonely life. On the other hand, I don't want to deal with things like divorce and child support. One reason among many that I've remained a virgin. I'm also incredibly picky. I have to be. I never know what I might get from a woman.
I'd suggest talking to someone about your feelings about marriage and commitment. (I'm not being a jerk).

Old 04-05-2017, 06:43 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,511,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
david bowie mentioned something about this a few years back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BO-Sg9ABfo
https://youtu.be/LCgzX7vwlFk

Quote:
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies