Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 01:32 PM

9,102 posts, read 6,324,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Young men are starting to realize that marriage and especially the family courts cripple their finances and women have felt for a long time that it cramps their style and stifles their sexual freedom. The efforts to diminish the nuclear family unit which was proving to be too economically independent to be effectively manipulated and exploited are coming to fruition.
I think people growing up nowadays understand there are way more options in life than just jumping into the nuclear family lifestyle. The problem with the nuclear family is that once someone commits to it, there is no going back unless that person wants to deal with a mess that can impact the rest of their life. Millenials just might be getting more careful than previous generations. As a member of gen-X I saw myself as a pioneer by treading carefully around the whole nuclear family thing... and I never jumped in.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:40 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
A certificate does not hold any weight on how much a couple loves one another. Marriage is just another multi billion dollar industry that thrives off of an outdated past time tradition and peer pressure.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Ironically I just saw a WatchMojo video stomping various Millennial "stereotypes" including marriage and promiscuity. I suggest those derriding Millennials watch it before they throw shade towards them in the future...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR0KtxEP44c

Old 04-09-2017, 03:05 PM

9,102 posts, read 6,324,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Gag me! I've worked with Down's kids. They can have a great quality of life. They're not nearly as handicapped as kids with many other syndromes. Every life is worth living. These kids can teach the rest of us some things.
I had a Down's syndrome uncle and my (thankfully deceased) grandmother was an activist pushing for the mainstreaming of Down's syndrome children back in the 1970s. That being said, if I was ever put in the position of fathering a Down's syndrome offspring I would push hard for an abortion without so much as a second thought. I despised my grandmother growing up and to this day I consider her to be a colossal idiot. I can proudly say that I reject all of the values of my grandparents.

If you think the baby boomers have screwed up society and the economy, think again, it is because of how they were raised. Someone else posted about the divorce rate spiking in the 1970s. Most of the boomers (1946 to 1964) were too young to be married in the 1970s. My parents were early boomers (born '47 and '50) and they were just entering their early 20s in the 1970s. The spike in the divorce rate is attributable to the parents of the boomers. The parents of the boomers had the highest divorce rate and they screwed up their children. The parents of the boomers were the worst generation in American history, the real cause of our problems and thankfully most of them are dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies