Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2017, 09:33 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let see.

Your response is to call me a partisan name. i.e. You absolutely failed to "discuss and make conclusions on topics without their partisan blinders on". This speaks for itself.

It's like shooting fish in barrel.
You.made.no.statement.worthy.of.discussion.or.conc lusion.

That wasn't a partisan name. It was a name for people who can't or won't argue the merits of a position or action without attaching their Dear Leader to the outcome of the conclusion.

You've proven my point beautifully. Thank you. :kiss:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 09:36 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,510,291 times
Quote:
Poor Trump Haters. Their heads exploded yesterday.

Russia is Friend, Russia is Enemy, Russia is Friend, Russia is Enemy....................

All their narratives blown up with one missile strike. LOL
Plenty of liberals. Your enemies till death. Are praising this action. It the few folk on the left (like me) and rand Paul libertarians that are the voices of decent. So. No. Not many heads are exploding at all.

Granted most of the dems. By mid week will probably be tearing into him again. The Russian connection is not going away anytime soon. Granted it ain't just dems/libs that are out for him. It republicans like McCain and Graham that are out for him. My guess they really want Pence in the whitehouse instead of trump.

Ugh. Pence. No way dude. Much rather have a bombastic nut in the whitehouse. Than a religious one. Already did Bush.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
LOL! Wrong yet again.

Photos don't lie. There is nothing left of that airbase.

Tomahawks even flew INTO protected aircraft bunkers and exploded when they got inside. These are very advanced weapons. See this amazing photo of inside of a bunker destroyed.

Photos don't lie.
Satellite reveals destruction of Assad's Syria air base | Daily Mail Online

Will be some time before they will be using it again.
From what I understand they are still flying out of the airbase.

Syria strikes: Site of chemical attack hit again - CNN.com

Old 04-08-2017, 09:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
A humanitarian gesture would be to provide medical care for the civilians - although in the middle of civil war, it's hard to tell who's a civilian. The best case would likely be to provide care to all comers.
I'm good with that. Your point goes to a bigger issue also. We have no clue who is who over there. They have a far better grasp of this than we do.

Quote:
& it's not just an issue for Liberals. There are Conservatives & Independents who also have questions, the chief being: What is the US' vital strategic interest in Syria, that we're willing to throw cruise missiles @ it? & how does a flurry of standoff weapons actually solve anything?

TMK, humanitarian gestures don't involve cruise missiles & strike aircraft & munitions & POL. That sounds more to me like an act of war, although I'll grant that the US Congress has been curiously supine on the issue since @ least the various US incursions in the Caribbean back when.

Maybe they'll find some institutional spine now?
Not likely as those with the most influence are all "bomb, bomb, bomb".

Old 04-08-2017, 09:52 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Quote:
Let see.

Your response is to call me a partisan name. i.e. You absolutely failed to "discuss and make conclusions on topics without their partisan blinders on". This speaks for itself.

It's like shooting fish in barrel.
You might want to ask, how and why any fish would even be in a barrel? as well as why one would even consider to shoot a fish if it was in a barrel. Fiction is often a desired diversion... of delusions. It might be worthy to define one who would consider a scenario of fish in a barrel and then choose an act of shooting into it. Are you sure that was a good analogy to try and make a point?

Old 04-08-2017, 10:06 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Plenty of liberals. Your enemies till death. Are praising this action. It the few folk on the left (like me) and rand Paul libertarians that are the voices of decent. So. No. Not many heads are exploding at all.

Granted most of the dems. By mid week will probably be tearing into him again. The Russian connection is not going away anytime soon. Granted it ain't just dems/libs that are out for him. It republicans like McCain and Graham that are out for him. My guess they really want Pence in the whitehouse instead of trump.

Ugh. Pence. No way dude. Much rather have a bombastic nut in the whitehouse. Than a religious one. Already did Bush.
I'd rather neither, I can certainly agree that Pence is very dangerous, but to say which is more dangerous, would be like proposing an option of if I'd rather be shot with a machine gun or a shot gun at a two foot distance.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:07 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
From what I understand they are still flying out of the airbase.

Syria strikes: Site of chemical attack hit again - CNN.com
This again? I posted the below previously. Strange the poster never came back to answer the question.

"Answer yes or no - Was this new attack a chemical attack? YES OR NO.
If the answer is no then your comment is irrelevant.

I read they managed to get only 2 jets up in the air. No one doubted Assad would repair his airfields, the infrastructure was badly damaged and that will take months or years to fix, but the runway itself, which from satellite pictures appears not to have been targeted and at most lightly damaged, was likely quickly patched up. But regardless, Assad has other bases so obviously the intent wasn't to knock out his air power."

Old 04-08-2017, 10:11 AM

4,800 posts, read 2,802,137 times
Default Dying of some glamorous disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are looking into the possibility that Russia was behind the gas attack. That would put US is a very awkward position. Would we apologize to Syria, and launch missiles into Russia? Or would we back away with the tail between the legs?
Nah. Trump means never having to say you're sorry ...

Old 04-08-2017, 10:13 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Sooooooo. The strategy is...... Let's provide air cover for isis and jihadist rebels? What could go wrong? The jihadis are dancing in the streets chanting ABU IVANKA Al AMERIKI AKBAR!!!! You can't make this stuff up folks . Obama is the founder of isis (eye roll) and Trump is the FATHER of ISIS (lol). Can we please put some real leaders In charge of our country. This guy is a joke

Old 04-08-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
This again? I posted the below previously. Strange the poster never came back to answer the question.

"Answer yes or no - Was this new attack a chemical attack? YES OR NO.
If the answer is no then your comment is irrelevant.

I read they managed to get only 2 jets up in the air. No one doubted Assad would repair his airfields, the infrastructure was badly damaged and that will take months or years to fix, but the runway itself, which from satellite pictures appears not to have been targeted and at most lightly damaged, was likely quickly patched up. But regardless, Assad has other bases so obviously the intent wasn't to knock out his air power."
Irrelevant to what? The Base is still working. The person who I responded to basically said the base was completely destroyed. And it would be sometime before it would be used again. That's just not true.

So walk kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies