Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2017, 09:59 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Not yet. But Korea is using nuclear weapons as a source of cash. Do you want them selling nukes to non-state actors?
So which is it? Are they selling nukes or not? If nukes are a source of cash for them where are the nukes they have sold?

How about a little clarity in your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 03:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Not yet. But Korea is using nuclear weapons as a source of cash. Do you want them selling nukes to non-state actors?
No they aren't. Why do you think simply making things up is a good argument?

It should be noted, it was Pakistan that gave away nuclear technology.........why didn't we feel the need to go to war with them?

Old 04-16-2017, 03:41 PM

7,508 posts, read 5,756,758 times
I do not believe that the United States should be the worlds police. However, we do have a responsibility, along with every other civilized country, to assure that despots and whackos along with other non-developed countries do not pose a threat to the world on those who do. It believe as they do. I have come to realize over the last couple of months how Obamas policy of apology in addition to his complete and total lack of strength and stupidity has created an extremely unstable world. He emboldened the worlds enemies but thinking that paying them off would shut them up and down. He thought treating countries that hang gays, beat women and have no more than 5th grade education as if they were developed countries would make the world right and just. What I find most humorous is that obama himself killed more innocents through his covert bombing programs he too is considered one of these whacko despots. What's even more striking is his blinded supporters refuse to acknowledge the amount of innocents he has murdered.

Trump was spot on when he said the world is a mess. I suspect cleaning it up will be a very ugly task.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:12 PM

You can't clean up the world. We have people here that can't afford to go see a doctor or are living on the streets. We have places where people kill each other by the hundreds every year but we want to tell other countries to clean up their act?

Old 04-16-2017, 04:15 PM

4,800 posts, read 2,804,486 times
Default Some history on Pakistan & the bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No they aren't. Why do you think simply making things up is a good argument?

It should be noted, it was Pakistan that gave away nuclear technology.........why didn't we feel the need to go to war with them?
As I recall, it was A. Khan, a Pakistani physicist, who borrowed European centrifuge technology for U enrichment to weapons-grade, @ a European outfit he worked for. He improved the design, I think. & he returned home to a hero's welcome. He was much feted as the father of the Pakistani nuclear bomb.

The West & the US in particular figured it out, & Khan has been confined to his palatial villa, where he languishes in fair opulence. The Pakistani military & ISI still love him, & he is still highly regarded in Pakistan, TMK.

We've tolerated his punishment & more-or-less winked @ it, because we needed Pakistani ports & road net access to Afghanistan, to supply & sustain our troops (& allied troops) on the ground there. As the US/NATO presence in Afghanistan has scaled back to more of a training & support role, the supply routes have become less important to us.

Pakistan has never given away nuclear technology, as far as I know. They've sold bomb designs, possibly missile designs, & centrifuge enrichment designs & likely actual centrifuges & training for technicians, & support services for the tech. Inventing an Islamic banking system, economy, agriculture, hydrology, education & so forth has been difficult. Pakistan needs all the income they can generate to keep moving forward, but I think the risks on nuclear proliferation are very high.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
As I recall, it was A. Khan, a Pakistani physicist, who borrowed European centrifuge technology for U enrichment to weapons-grade, @ a European outfit he worked for. He improved the design, I think. & he returned home to a hero's welcome. He was much feted as the father of the Pakistani nuclear bomb.

The West & the US in particular figured it out, & Khan has been confined to his palatial villa, where he languishes in fair opulence. The Pakistani military & ISI still love him, & he is still highly regarded in Pakistan, TMK.

We've tolerated his punishment & more-or-less winked @ it, because we needed Pakistani ports & road net access to Afghanistan, to supply & sustain our troops (& allied troops) on the ground there. As the US/NATO presence in Afghanistan has scaled back to more of a training & support role, the supply routes have become less important to us.

Pakistan has never given away nuclear technology, as far as I know. They've sold bomb designs, possibly missile designs, & centrifuge enrichment designs & likely actual centrifuges & training for technicians, & support services for the tech. Inventing an Islamic banking system, economy, agriculture, hydrology, education & so forth has been difficult. Pakistan needs all the income they can generate to keep moving forward, but I think the risks on nuclear proliferation are very high.
Given away was loosely used. Yes, they profited off it. Again, we don't attack them do we? (rhetorical)

North Korea can barely get a rocket off the ground because they are broke and are unable to go into war even if they wanted to.

Old 04-16-2017, 05:15 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I know. I don't get it either.

"Obama slashed the number of U.S. troops in war zones from 150,000 to 14,000, and stopped the flow of American soldiers coming home in body bags. He also used diplomacy, not war, to defuse a tense nuclear standoff with Iran."
Time will tell if that is most appropriately "defuse" or "defer".

Old 04-16-2017, 08:14 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Time will tell if that is most appropriately "defuse" or "defer".
Think this one through.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:41 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
Many reports of ISIS using gas in Mosul. A lot is said about chlorine specifically.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:57 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I do not believe that the United States should be the worlds police. However, we do have a responsibility, along with every other civilized country, to assure that despots and whackos along with other non-developed countries do not pose a threat to the world on those who do. It believe as they do. I have come to realize over the last couple of months how Obamas policy of apology in addition to his complete and total lack of strength and stupidity has created an extremely unstable world. He emboldened the worlds enemies but thinking that paying them off would shut them up and down. He thought treating countries that hang gays, beat women and have no more than 5th grade education as if they were developed countries would make the world right and just. What I find most humorous is that obama himself killed more innocents through his covert bombing programs he too is considered one of these whacko despots. What's even more striking is his blinded supporters refuse to acknowledge the amount of innocents he has murdered.

Trump was spot on when he said the world is a mess. I suspect cleaning it up will be a very ugly task.
Trump is a despot and whacko. When are we going to make sure he doesn't pose a threat to the world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies